Yofukashi no Uta - Ch. 198 - Winter Nights Are Long

This ending reminds me of Platinum End.

Everything is grey and mellow after his best friend killed himself, and the worst part is they're staying away from each other for nothing, there's no proof that love kills a vampire because they did it right when the sun came up anyway.

Nazuna is a nice girl but Kous life was fucked up to begin with, I wouldn't mind if they meet again in a couple of years when he's had a proper normal life.

o....oh, just like that huh. I guess i cant say its not realistic, a very "human-like" ending to the story if nothing else, cause sometimes you do just part with people when its a life style that no longer fits you or if its no longer a life style thats healthy for you. Sometimes, you do just say good-bye.
very realistic
1. like if we dont have two dumbies with kid personalities..
2. like if its realistic if too dumby kid personalities can go further so easy..
3. like if dont have Nazuna who was abt to fall in love at least for half manga and get zapped in 187 to final fall while she was almost there all the time but didnt know what is love and how to..
4. like if she didnt said her time with him her best for whole life and she so easy going to live ordinary boring to death vamp life if shes not gonna become slutty like almost all of other female vamps at all what is easy to imagine since she experienced first love and possible to "team up" with those bitchies like she grown up..
5. like if they dont supposed to get deep depression and mental breakdown if not commit suicide at all..
6. like if we dont have plutchik wheel of emotion in plot, so Kou didnt vampirize in train from strong emotions like if he break up with all of what he literally has in life every day..
7. like if they have smth in live besides each other..
8. like if Kou didnt leaved school final time for, like, Nazuna, and so easy returned but in reality only mention abt this would be not salt in wound but rather sharp knife bc its pure notification abt how he losed everything bc of her dumb solo decision to break up TO ONLY START SUCKING OTHERS BLOOD I REMIND YALL.

This ending reminds me of Platinum End.

Everything is grey and mellow after his best friend killed himself, and the worst part is they're staying away from each other for nothing, there's no proof that love kills a vampire because they did it right when the sun came up anyway.

Nazuna is a nice girl but Kous life was fucked up to begin with, I wouldn't mind if they meet again in a couple of years when he's had a proper normal life.
why would u be ok with this end with timeskip and meeting? i'd hate her instantly and for ages and it'd only more realistic since he even more kid and more traumatised than me, like, LITERALLY, hes not mofo laying around with bitchies or smth

Dex-chan lover
Is the author really going the route of writing a whole ass story of us falling in love with these characters just for the main fucking character, the character everyone knows, to end up heartbroken and alone for all eternity? I cannot accept that this is going to be a sad ending.
There is no way they are going to introduce all these factors for vampirization just to never answer them. They can't just leave us hanging like this. There has to be something that changes in these last 2 chapters.
lmao chill down man. Not all first love ended with them staying together, in fact most don't. This could simply be a first love type of story. Like from 10 chapters ago we all like 99% sure it is gonna be a sad ending anyway

Dex-chan lover
why would u be ok with this end with timeskip and meeting? i'd hate her instantly and for ages and it'd only more realistic since he even more kid and more traumatised than me, like, LITERALLY, hes not mofo laying around with bitchies or smth
bro did you still hated someone if they rejected you? That's just life, not everyone who loved each other become a couple. In this context to Nazuna and Kou, everything they knew about love has been that a love between a vampire and a human always resulted in tragedies. Would you actually want to kill yourself when none of you actually want to die? Or if for some reason one of you live, would you be able to carry the guilt on your back, in Nazuna's case, potentially hundreds of year?

Dex-chan lover
They love each other and are just going to walk away... love is worth more than that
1059.gif

interesting, i dont really have any reaction, i am kinda glad he is going to live a human life tbh, living life as a vampy does not seem worth it, i feel like the whole story is about being blinded by love into making short term decisions. maybe i am at a point in life that i dont register the lesson this manga delivers. he goes from being bored of normal life, to living a completely irresponsible life, to seeing what happens to his friend who also decides to live a completely irresponsible life, they then understand that this is their new normal, hesitates on if he should continue, decides to follow love. To me personally living as a vampire only seeing the moon and shit is depressing, having a vast difference in experience from the day to day humans is depressing, you can only drink so much, have so much fun, travel so much that experiences that others around you have mean literally 0 to you. maybe I'm just overthinking but i love this manga there just was a point after Mahiru died that i feel should have been a spark of motivation or conviction, but his death is only used to show what happens when a vampire and a non vampire fall in love. but the nuance of Kou and Nazuna (Kou being a half vampire) is not dove into and is treated like the exact same situation as Mahiru. this is a story at the end of the day the plot could be anything and its just this. The story isnt over but this is just where i stand from almost 200 chapters of a manga at the moment

Dex-chan lover
People are being too harsh on this. Not all love story ended on a happy ending, otherwise heartbreak wouldn't have happened. It seems like people are forgetting that from everything that this manga has been saying to us, love between a vampire and a human ALWAYS ended up in tragedies. It doesn't matter how much hope or copium that you guys want to believe in, the two example of vampire-human relationships in this manga ended with both of the couple all dying, with Nazuna the abandoned newborn left behind alone for 50 years before she met Kou (and yes, I knew she got taken care of by her mom's friend but still, it's clear that she is lonely). Kou is 14-15, he is not even highschooler yet let alone an adult, and even an adult would think twice before entering a relationship that is, from their point of views, guaranteed to ended in tragedy. To Kou, this could very well be a suicide's lover if they proceed. To Nazuna, the potential consequences could even be more. What if she survived but Kou don't? She would literally carry the guilt of killing her beloved for potentially hundreds of year.
You guys need to abandoned the thought that with love only we can do anything, no it didn't. From how the story has been progressing, it would actually be worse if somehow they pulled that "actually, Kou and Nazuna are special even tho literally everything human-vampire relationship with genuine romance has always been a tragedy".

Dex-chan lover
This author cannot end series well,

I understand people want to use media as an escape, but artists are entitled to the story that they want to tell. I am perfectly fine with this kind of ending and I still believe that it will be a good ending.

I like the fact that these bittersweet endings are more acceptable in mainstream Japanese media. Your Name would have been the ultimate masterpiece if Makoto Shinkai wasn't forced to deviate from the original ending where the main characters didn't recognize each other.

Users who are viewing this thread