Call of the Night - Vol. 20 Ch. 200 - Final Night: And Then

Dex-chan lover
I guess it's.... a kind of happy ending? They'll keep up their relationship of tag basically it sounds like forever until he gets to the point he can't chase her around the globe anymore, but it's bitter that they can never really do anything more than that. The dumb author even hinted that it is strange that the guy can still transform into a half vampire after three years, why not make that something more relevant to their situation possibly being different?

Instead here we go again with another multiple year time skip basically resulting in a "Hey, I'm back." just like the author's last manga Dagashi Kashi. Probably safe to skip this author from now on if you want a proper relationship ending.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, that's a non ending. Enjoyable chapter but shit excuse for an ending.
This author is unable to resolve his god damned storylines. "Why are you half vampire still?" "UHH DUNNO" "Dont you think it relates to the answer to our problem?" "HAHA DUNNO" And twice he's ended his work in time skips, which just shows what a limited writer he is.

I GUESS this was less shit than I expected, but just because he didn't have the balls to see it through and gave Kou some initiative, which he lacked in the last chapter. And Nazuna saying out loud he's the man she loves basically ended everything on a fan positive note...

that being said, this isn't an ending.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"This guy, he's the man I love." Appropriate final quote. Happy ending for them, all things considered and a promise to be together for life.

It's what I've said for a while in the comments: the ending chapters, leading up to now, match up almost exactly with Dagashi Kashi (even down to character types). So, I figured, like Dagashi Kashi, the last chapter would be similar too. Short time skip before they get back together, promise to be together for life and then we end. Never thought they'd separate for good or anything like that.

Like Dagashi, though, I feel the sudden separation at the end was unnecessary, clearly mechanical and not very additive. Either way, I'm satisfied that it's a happy ending for them!

Double-page supporter
I can say one thing: It's okay, but it's still meh. All these breakups, timeskips and reunions with the words "Hi, I still haven't forgotten you" are getting on my nerves.
What's the problem with making it like Horimiya?! I demand that all romance manga end with the words "And they lived happily ever after", otherwise, what's the point?
You read 200 chapters, follow the development of the relationship, and then lick my balls instead of the climax. You wanted the whole thing to end with something memorable? Or maybe instead you want a half-open half-good ending?

But my frustration aside, it's a good ending. At least a fitting one. It was led to this for dozens of chapters, there was a dialog, and it ended on such a powerful phrase too. Not bad in general, it could have been worse, but if Kotoyama is going to draw another manga in the romance genre, I probably won't read it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
i hate seeing this go. i do have complaints though. we never got confirmation that turning while the vampire is in love kills. to my knowledge, what we saw was that they died when the sun came up and it felt kinda ambiguous as to what killed them. i could just be misremembering but im fairly sure thats what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread