Yonakano Reiji ni Harem wo!! - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - The Reason I Avoid People

Just look at the title of the manga, if the harem plan ends I dunno what to say

Dex-chan lover
“Hurr durr I was betrayed once by a bunch of humans while they were in one of their most emotionally manipulatible ages and states therefore I can never trust anyone but my mom again”

What a stupid fucking reason. Come on author, give us something better than that.

Dex-chan lover
I find that "weak" reason as to why he avoid "committing" social relationship very solid enough.

One day of "betrayal" and going down like that? Yeah... that happens... a lot in reality tbh. Like it happens a lot in children's social circles.
Did MC and his Mother handled it perfectly? Yes and no. Yes as MC got out of that place, who knows if it'll get more toxic or not. Also it is a major no, like what others said above, they just ran away from the problem but... it ain't a bad solution after all. Not the best but clearly not as worse as people make it seem.

I really can't speak for others in this comment section but I've been there both in MC's position and early, the supposed to be the target of bullying's position. So I'm at least relating to him at a personal level. Not that there's any more closeness than that. No harem and no cute Rei afterall... xD

Like @quagzlor said, yeah it f---ing hurts a lot as a kid to actually realized you just got betrayed by those who you trust a lot as a kid. Yeah at that point in life in childhood, I can't even trust even my parents since they basically dig deeper down the rabbit hole and end up making it hard for me back in my childhood days. Even to this day, I still have my trauma against teachers. I'm doing better but definitely not out of it either. I'm just putting a strong facade when interacting with 'em...

@monkey123 I don't know how much s--- you got back in school but I'm sure as hell any other kid would be at least terrified by that kind of s---. At least the least realistic thing about his situation was him not annoying people first to the abandon treatment he got since in this flashback I saw him as a happy-go-lucky yet lackadaisical kind of kid...

Dex-chan lover
@xSauriaNx
One will see "betrayal" his whole live. So what? Even before school I experienced it. Then I just thought "goodbye fucker".

Fed-Kun's army
it's hard to know if something similar hasnt happened to you how deep stuff like that cuts into your psyche like even years later you will doubt people and isolation will seem like the easier solution

but I'm more impressed that the ghost seems to be willing to stop her bullshit at this stage like I expect her to be back the wagon next chapter because plot

@monkey123 Just because everyone shit on you and you managed to "deal with it" doesn't mean that everyone else can. Try to look at it from other perspectives.

Dex-chan lover
Elementary school, where all innocent evil things cooks up....

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123 Then I gotta give props to you. You were a strong kid back then. maji thumbs up

But then, it isn't always like that everywhere. A kid can't just go "bye f---er" and go on with their life, especially with social circles like these that highly emphasizes conformity through the actions of a high authority. It can literally go downhill faster than Sonic trying to kick Saitama. Life's always not fair ain't it?

@endo54 It's the breeding grounds for "I'll destroy the world because she doesn't like me!!" type of villains... hahahaha xD

Dex-chan lover
@monkey123
One will see "betrayal" his whole live. So what?
And that is very likely the reason he decided to refrain from going deep with social relationships, can't get backstabbed if you don't present your back to others.

Aggregator gang
MOM ROUTE MOM ROUTE
MOM ROUTE MOM ROUTE
MOM ROUTE MOM ROUTE
MOM ROUTE MOM ROUTE

Aggregator gang
I really hate to belittle anyone's childhood trauma, but as someone that was bullied and ostracized for years without giving up on other people, it's hard not to think, "Wait, that's it?" when seeing Reiji's single day of being failed by his classmates.

In fact, I feel like Reiji's mother immediately transferring him might actually have been more damaging to him than the other kids' actions. It reinforced the notion of avoidance as the right response.

Dex-chan lover
He just forbid her to progress the plot by throwing a bit of own backstory.
@tuatara1 He did said it's not the bullying but the trust issues created with it.
P.S. "If you do not have a house - a fire won't threaten it's life"
https://youtu.be/3QxPruiSj_c?t=17

Group Leader
I am pleasantly surprised with this chapter.
The fact that he doesn't have a trauma but trust issues and the way he accepts it is a perfect fit for someone at that age.
HE IS A TEENAGER NOT AN ADULT. T HE LINGERING TRUST ISSUES INSIDE HIM IS VERY NORMAL
The very fact that he accepts how petty it is more adult like.

AND MY BEST GIRL accepted his reasoning without throwing a fit.
I indeed can and will raise my expectations and ratings about this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread