Yonakano Reiji ni Harem wo!! - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - The Reason I Avoid People

Fed-Kun's army
The only way closure is coming is if that twin-tailed little shit Arisu finds Reiji again and makes him a pariah at his high school, only for the girls to stand up for Reiji's sake. As is, the fact that he never bothered to question how much influence she had over his (former) "good friends" wastes his mother's sacrifice. The entire point of "social politics" is knowing what each side cannot afford to lose.

I only find fault with characters that never tried every option they could (like Reiji). I was actually hoping his dad was a con artist who stole from many lovers and his mother was just another mark to him, but nope, two parents' backstories are just too much for this author.

Fed-Kun's army
After reading this chapter I feel like this was axed or something, that backstory was kinda shitty...

aside from that shity unrealistic back story of a bully that has too much authority for an elementary kid, can we add his Mom in the harem ?

Supporter
Well I guess the rest of the comments were only to be expected I guess. Only read further down for keywords 'milf' and 'mom harem +1' 🤔

Dex-chan lover
>stupid backstory
>no more harem
>not enough mom's panel
>platonic romance development

come on, this manga was great
how can become a such downfall in two chapters?

Dex-chan lover
lol, the mangaka's page 2 meta comment "this is going to be disappointing". Yup. Glad he recognizes it.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who likes this development?
If it went in the same direction as before it would've turned into another traditional romcom.

Now the story can have some interesting themes of trust, and the eventual friendship that comes out of everything will be that much stronger.

@Wildstag | ol, the mangaka's page 2 meta comment "this is going to be disappointing". Yup. Glad he recognizes it.
Well... he was a kid and didn't get any proper closure from his "friends." What's interesting is that even if it's not outwardly a big deal it's still something that affects how the protagonist treats other people.

Is everyone here forgetting that 3 chapters ago the guy was going around basically confessing to his harem, getting all of them to think about him in that way? The harem plan has taken a life of its own, now the only thing left is for the MC to understand that he already has lots of people who aren't just pretending to be his friend.

Aggregator gang
Not really stupid, if you consider he was really young when it happened it'd probably paint a bad picture of people in general for anyone to have that happen.

Dex-chan lover
If anything, this is a pretty good depiction of how deeply betrayal cuts. The closer the bonds, the deeper the cut will be and it will affect every social relation that follows. It's not a matter of 'lol just try again at the next school' when his entire look on social relations has been tainted. Especially if he has the mindspace of 'It doesn't matter how good a friendship is, it will still crumble at a moments notice.'. He is simply not going to put anymore effort into social relationships than what is absolutely necessary from that point forward.

Supporter
okay, gonna weigh in here.

i've had a similar experience as a kid.

i don't trust people anymore. while it seems stupid to us, you gotta remember that to a kid who fully trusts his classmates, to be betrayed like that fucking hurts.
maybe it happening just once and being such a drastic change seems weak, but it is definitely something that could happen.

MD@Home
People seem happy about how his mom handled the situation, but I think she did not do a good job at all. From the looks of it she never found out what the actual problem was, and her solution was simply to let him skip school for a while, then transfer him somewhere else. That's part of why the issue never received any closure, and haunts him to this day - it was swept under the rug. We can say that Japanese dislike social conflicts, etc. but that still doesn't change the outcome: running away from your problems will only cause them to fester.

Dex-chan lover
Just because of one day they avoided him for whatever reason he stopped going to school? Shit this dude is the king of cowards. Even though I got enough shit on me during school time I did not retreat.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, it's the end of harem plan as a whole, or just a stop at current waifu number? Girl on torn page on.. eh.. page 26 looks like Yomi, but moon runes say Something-ayana Tanaka, so it's probably some other girl, no?

Users who are viewing this thread