Yonakano Reiji ni Harem wo!! - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - About That Day

Not the law of equivalent exchange

Reiji becomes a loner with no one there for him while Arisu gets a friend.

Dex-chan lover
Right after he learned of his shortcomings, he has another thing coming at full speed.

Author, give him a break. Pls. Just for one chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I like this chapter. MC realizes what he did wrong and strives to improve himself. Thanks Rei. While obviously the girl was way more at fault than Reiji, I do agree with him that he didn't make the right decision back in the day.

@eliterodriguez Reiji wasn't bullied in his new school. He was only a self-imposed loner and still had his mom, so it still more or less works out.

@Nyaaa Quite convenient timing. Though, being broad minded enough to handle that type of situation is going to be a tall order.

Dex-chan lover
I think that turned out well. Also, I think the translator note sums up my thoughts on it pretty well. I teach kids martial arts, and kids can be idiots. They don't think about the consequences of their actions and can be bullies. But, they're kids who haven't learned better and usually are that way because of their parents, older siblings, or something outside of their control. If people didn't get second chances and get the chance to learn from their mistakes, we'd have a really shit society, especially when they're still children.

Supporter
I think this was a really mature way of handling his childhood trauma and bullying. Huge props to the MC and the author for delivering it well and in a way that sit right with the reader.

Dex-chan lover
They bring up a good point about how to handle such a situation. But they were goddam kids, to expect them to have acted in a different way is asking for too much. What matters is moving past it as adults and recognizing the faults. A good chapter but I’ve already lost interest in this series so meh.

The bully getting bullied and turning around gives me koe no katachi vibes, but koe is a much better series and handles sensitive topics much more carefully. But that isn’t a fair comparison to compare this manga to a modern classic like koe. This series is primarily a rom com and expecting it to deliver on sensitive topics so late into its lifespan is asking for a lot.

Double-page supporter
Honestly i wouldn't have apologized it was her fault in the first place lol but her getting bullied after what she did reminded me of the movie "a silent voice".

Welp next chapter were finally getting back to the girls well at least the foreign one bringing her dad and mom 😂

Double-page supporter
Title, Tags: Harem
Author: Aye let's remove harem from the story
*Confused
Author again: Naah...

@encrypted12345

Had Arisu actually seeked him out and apologized then I wouldn't have any problem with it but since Reiji was the one that "accidentally" bumped into her it doesn't sit well with me. Especially since her friend had to help her to even apologize.

Dex-chan lover
The reunion felt a little forced but overall fine thanks to the mature way it was handled in the end.
Sorta makes their entire elementary school class look like a bunch of ruthless assholes except them though, which I guess is kinda the point.

Users who are viewing this thread