Yonakano Reiji ni Harem wo!! - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - About That Day

Aggregator gang
@Rongmario

He definitely is. I feel like it similar, but far more severe in Shirou case. I am sure there are some other examples, but that was just the first one that popped into my head.

Hopefully the author will do something with it. That would be nice, but I'm happy if the story just continues along in its current fashion. As far a harem rom-coms go I like this one. The author seems to be moving things along at least somewhat—unlike Nisekoi (or whatever) which just goes on, and on, and on with nothing ever happening.

Dex-chan lover
Will she appewr again? Normally I would say yes, but the author can barely balance the existing harem members already, when did the stalker girl even appear last?

Aggregator gang
@Rongmario

Nisekoi (and other—it certainly the only one that does this) feels like it wasn't written by a human. It is so formulaic and leans so hard on the clichés of the genre without sincerity or anything close to "deconstruction". Basically every "punchline" is Chitoge punching Raku. Boku no Kanojo Sensei is even worse.

I don't want to be too negative. Clichés don't necessarily make a work bad. I think that Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa relies really heavily on clichés as well, but I actually found that one to be pretty good. Though not a harem I think Darwin's Game is really good despite the fact that it really isn't very original at all. I also feel like Fukami Makoto takes really "stupid" ideas and makes them work just through sheer grit and unflagging commitment to whatever happens to be in his brain. Maybe I've just developed really terrible taste, but I think Magical Girl SPEC-OPS ASUKA (which has a ridiculous premise) is quite enjoyable. Even though the premise sounds like it could cause brain damage, I think the actual work itself is enjoyable.

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Well, Reiji is a white knight, so I knew this was going to happen, although I liked that self-reflection that Reiji did, I hope it is a good excuse for the harem plan to continue.

@NIB
I was certainly expecting an apology from the girl first, not Reiji apologizing and her going me too...
He is a better person to this day than her if you think about it.

I wouldnt be mad at the girl. She had her own reason to want to ignore him, even if it was dumb. she wasnt his friend, she didnt betray him. its everyone else in the class, his "friends" that did. meeting with the only person who didnt do this out of nowhere and didnt actually betray him, that's not resolving anything. Hows that suposed to restore any kind of trust in people? Its the other students from his class that should be apologizing if theres any apologize to be made

i had intent to leave my thought after i had read this chapter, but it seems like woks-san already said it

yes, the girl was at fault but the targets of his angry should be those "friends" and that was the reason he felt like he was betrayed in the first place

@woks oh shit you're right! Author was so focused on introducing new harem candidates he forgot about the story.
World would be a better place if bullies were considerate like her, but bullying would not even exist if there were no people like his "friends".

Ugh...... this is so..... unreal, forced, illogical in terms of emotions and other thing....

He avoid relationship with people cuz of old childhood trauma which is sensible cuz trauma on kids tend to last for a longtime, some even lifetime. And a short barely an hour meeting and apology along with how life's not been good for her cuz of it and then he said "oh, ok"? The fuck?

Double-page supporter
shit chapter
spineless mc
"uhhhhhhhh i'm so hard done by my life got ruined after everyone saw how i ruined your life waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh i'm also the victim"
STOP FEELING SORRY FOR HER
JUST THROW HER TO THE GROUND AND STOMP HER TEETH OUT
GIVE HER SOME PERMANENT FACIAL SCARRING
himelda best girl

MD@Home
Aw man... this was a good plot, though I personally don't like the resolution that it had with the entire "I'm sorry, it was my wrongdoing for not handling the situation properly when I was a KID" I like the afterthought where he was reflecting on his mindset but in the situation even his initial reaction was great until that part where it felt like everything was forced to make the MC be the "better man" or the nice person. It would've been perfectly fine and I believe more fitting that his emotions still had an effect on his mood and instead of apologizing he should've said what he truly thought about the situation, that he doesn't forgive her but there's nothing really to forgive since it wasn't her actions alone that led to the situation and tell her to not worry about it. it would've been the about the same result but with a more believable dialogue and character interaction based on the conditions x.x!!

anyway... all in all, maybe we will see more on this topic... on the other hand, this manga is making it like the MC is this holy being of a person that's entirely pure... but being too nice and considerate is also a big issue

Well that's maturity right there. I like this kind of approach instead of being stuck with hatred, after all everyone grows up eventually forgetting this kind of thing (unless you interact with them everyday).
Thanks for translating~
BTW I like your notes at the end naisu~

yooooooooooooooooooo
lemme get mah bish slappah real kwik
imma bout to slappa bish

im kinda relieved and enraged at da same time
mc just forgivin someone who rekt his social life
hes just too forgiving
id give her a good pinch but yeah
i will forgive her and strike her down mercilessly
this is very stupid in emotional terms
but meh whatever