Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Talea's Weapon

At first, I'm very sad with her backstory then boom!

Orcs with bowlcuts...

Fed-Kun's army
Why don't people READ tags,like I understand if you don't like a subject matter but fucking hell people like @goodhunter want to spray their idealistically none sense thinking people shouldn't be allowed to create the art they want because he's personal offend fuck off you cunt and no I'm not debating, if you can't handle a subject matter mangadex literally had a way to filter it out.

As for the chapter, shit she had it rough but with van there, the ghouls have it pretty good, now so they can move forward from their former ways and bring forth a better future.

Dex-chan lover
@Serapheid

Disappointed in what? I'm just saying they built all this backstory so author can try and scare reader that someone will die because "three days before retirement" kind of deal. And I was 100% right.

I didn't say someone was actually going to die lol.

Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can’t wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
@glscarves

Ah, my mistake then. I had the impression you were sure that
things were gonna go south for the MC and his group, which they won't
. Hence, the spoiler tag in case you didn't know and didn't wanna know.

@goodhunter I can't find the comment I responded to, but I am pretty sure I commented all that not to justify rape, but to tell you that sex, in general, is really involved with the plot/setting, therefore, no the author doesn't "just put it to be edgy" or something. Its a part of this world, filled with really weird species that almost need it to continue their species.

I don't get why you went on that tangent about rape doujins or whatever, I would say just "don't touch those then" but you seem to hate having rape in your media, period.
In that case, just blacklist any manga here that has the "sexual violence tag" and if this one doesn't, request it to be added.

@Kingkolkappi Idk if fetishes is the word. I can guarantee you that its filled with really weird cultures because of their species fertility and/or environmental issues. I always read these societies as a weird experiment, like studying wildlife. If anyone told me "These societies would tots work in our world!" I would laugh at their faces and call them some nasty derogatory names. Also kink shame them.
What I am trying to tell you is, just take this as it is: A piece of fiction. The author doesn't really push for anything, for the sole fact he had to invent new species + pseudo-brainwashing to make societies work around it.

@Kingkolkappi tbh, if it wasn't for a lot of lore details in the story I had access to because I am a reader, I could see myself ally myself with Alda. I would push for us forming different, segregated countries however, but because of lore issues, we literally can't. Vida is the only reasonable choice (At least with Van existing, basically eternally)

Goddamn, reading this in manga form really takes me back to when I read the LN on Lightnovelbastion.com over a year ago...

@mammon That's why disjointed flashbacks suck when they're used in the middle of an event. IIRC the web novel version handles this better. Her flashback happened when it was most relevant, during Vandelieu's unification of the two ghoul tribes. The unification of the tribes and the buildup toward the attack on the orc encampment was clear, separate, and had nice pacing. But here it's all jumbled up, messy, and worst of all the buildup got rushed.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know why they didn't do the flash back before the war, and did it in the middle of the ware. Anyways, good on Talea, or w/e her name is. She overcame her shitty circumstances to become the leader of her tribe. Some people would have just remained broken, but she didn't. Though I don't agree with not punishing the ghouls who kidnapped her, turned her into a ghoul, and raped her (which I assume is every male in the village). Though it looks like she's suffering from stolckholm syndrome for over 200 years.
I think there's a tribe/province in Asia somewhere that also kidnaps women and forces them to to be wives.

Also, the gods are fucked up for making cross-species impregnation a thing. Magic is scary. Science is best.

@hedgemoney man... that is their life style. Because low rate pregnancy they must kidnapped female from another race. Thats is their common sense. Like human kingdom saw slaves as tool or personal properties. Like our modern civilization we use smartphone, machine, robot as our "slave".
So when she become ghoul, her common sense also change.
Well, she is weakest adult ghoul in that world so she can't kill them.

This may be a month late but-

@jonsmth
'sexist policies'
Only a liberal can call anything an -ismphobe, pls shut the fvck up with that -ism talk, it's annoying to everyone.
@Miranox
You're reading too much into this chapter, you are inserting your modern world values on a manga that caused you discomfort just from reading Talea's story, and you're even trying semantics to justify how this manga is bad and how everyone should hate it.

You two are absolute normiefag commiessars tbh, if you hate this manga so much you either go read some woke capeshit or gtfo of here.

Dex-chan lover
@xXxheavymetalxXx
You just see that word and the whole point goes over your head. And you feel the need to respond to the 1-month old comment in that manner without addressing the point. You're kind of amazing yourself.

Okay, what would your rather label it as? The key phrase is "Only a man can inherit a shop". I'm not actually particular about the label, but I thought that was the easiest/effective term to use to deliver the message.

Miranox was having trouble trying to suspend disbelief as you have pointed out that he was inserting his own values. He was not taking the setting into account. I was merely describing to him why his idea of the alternative might not work into the setting, and it could have had something to do with the rules and laws of the land or the guild.

I actually like the manga, and if didn't, I won't even bother with some stranger's thoughts on it.
No one is trying to be woke here. Take out your anger elsewhere.

Double-page supporter
@xXxheavymetalxXx Nothing I said is about social norms. What I'm talking about is coherence and logic in writing. Also you're the one reading too much into what I said. Criticizing one character's backstory is not the same as telling people to hate the story.

@jonsmth I have read every chapter of this story's novel that is currently available. I understand this story as well as anyone can. The claim that I'm "just inserting my values" is wrong on many levels.

Dex-chan lover
@Miranox
So it's not your values, sorry. I was just using the other commenter's own words for his understanding.

I left the discussion since another commenter said what I wanted to say. I didn't read the following comments until now, but you did make a convincing argument against the logic of the background story. There are too many blanks that we have to fill in ourselves. You're probably right about the author not putting much thought into the character backstory.

Users who are viewing this thread