Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty good series, didn't know that this got a manga after reading through the [WN].

It is pretty confusing at the start if you don't read the title of this series, as the author kind plays around with the idea of the Isekai trope of reincarnating.
What like about the beginning though is that instead of apologizing for screwing the protagonist over, the god he meets practically dismisses him and has zero human empathy for him-
or the crappy situation he was forced to be reincarnated in. Also yeah the beginning is pretty "edgy" I guess, but it mellows out later on in case you decide to give this series a shot.

Contributor
I know that the author is kinda fucking around with the whole isekai bull-shittery, but it's kinda hard to tell. Like he tried to make it all weird and stupid, but at this point, a lot of isekais are already just that. I guess my point is, the author tried to be satirical but the isekai genre is so shitty that it's hard to tell if the author is intentionally being shitty.

Also, are those scars on that elf onee-sama's tiddies. OwO

Dex-chan lover
i'm just sad... not mad... that was a truly tragic start for him. hope we can see what happened to the lost souls

Aggregator gang
@MarceloYuri It's not too forced. The 100 heroes organisation is believable: Most of them were teenagers, while there must be some change in personalities with their lifes, it shouldn't be too different since they recovered their memory less than 10 years ago. (The MC recovered prematurely because of the pain). You give a bunch of teenagers superpowers, and it's pretty much garanteed than most of them will want to start to save the world. For the rest, Spoiler:
a bunch of them had no intentions to rejoin the 100 heroes but they were revealed to the world as cheat users by the 100 heroes, so they couldn't do anything anymore, they were marginalised.

Also like a lot of series: youth illness (don't know if used in other language. It means about a comic serie, novel serie, ... when the author search his style at the beginning, so there is a lot of flaws, plotholes, ... and the style is often very different). I mean look at tsuki ga michibiku, re: monster, code breaker, ... can you honestly say that the beginning is similar to most of the story? (Though sometimes, the youth period is better because they had some ideas at the start but it becomes generic after that (code breaker, re:monster))

Also, for those saying "why he didn't talk to the God": it's a goddamn God, I don't think I talk him back either without a serious reason. (Well, look at dungeon seeker chapter 1).

Also, there is a reason why they know there is an undead there, not illogical.

Though, a failed point is the apearance of the MC as an undead. Normally, it's a big bad monster, so you don't even think it has reason or conscience. Here, he is more or less human so they shouldn't be that eager to kill him without hostile behaviour. I also agree that there is a few minor plotholes even in the WN in the origin part.

@woodrabbit That's true. I was just thinking that usually people respond when their name is called. But given his character and how it was mentioned that he wasn't really close to his classmates, it also makes sense that he didn't really give an outward reaction.

You have to agree that god was hella dumb tho.

@Ovnidemon
Dude... what?
You lost me there. So 100 people. With a teacher (or teachers, can't 99 from the same class) there. In other words, adults. All went under the govern because... They were powerful... That is not some X-Men logic, where some are weak or have weird powers and there is someone trying to make then coexist. This is: powerful beings being blackmailed by others powerful beings... You explanation made the plot hole worse. They also have their memories... And they are "heroes" (or at least that is what they called themselves)... And the govern is experimenting on live humans. Not a single fucker suspected anything? Also, didn't "god" actually make it worse by giving him power that he couldn't use? And how is a undead getting killed by a simple thing as a frontal assault? There is A LOT of arbitrary stuff here that are author whims just force motivation on the MC. You can have a tragic story without forcing stuff. But those are just the old "shoulda woulda coulda".
Your explanation made it SOOOO much worse. ahahahaha But as I said, I won't be downvoting it because of all of these problems, I will read more and see how things go. I know that some people check the score before reading, as I once did, so I don't want to make it hard for people who might enjoy to find it.

I'm gonna keep reading this, but I doubt the god and the classmates are ever going to get their comeuppance.

@king0elizabeth

Who knows.

Its going to take years for the manga (If it isn't dropped by then) to ever get to those chapters in the LN. Revenge is sweet though.

Fed-Kun's army
@MarceloYuri the manga is really brushing over things

All the 99 people got ridiculous powers, and the character who got the powers our protagonist was supposed to have is even more ridiculous. The powers they obtained can be used in many ways, such as effecting tools like guns.

I can explain rest of the nonsense in the spoiler tag, since it is technically spoilers.
One of the 99 people has clairvoyance, and iirc that's how they knew this "tragedy" would happen. In the WN he was a much bigger monster, but other than that there wasn't much difference.
They are not omni-present however, and the world they are in now has many different governments. All which try to hide shady stuff from the Hero Group. The governments in this world appreciates the help they get from the Hero Group, but at the same time fears them because they can't control the Hero Group.

The reason they are all one big group is because of Amamiya Hiroto (the one with all the powers), who after a while convinced/forced everyone to join his hero group because it it was their "responsibility as powerful people", many people in this hero are not happy about it. So if the manga goes far enough, we'll hopefully see the results of that.

The god in question -is- stupid, because he doesn't considering human emotions whatsoever. He only considers things in a purely logical manner, so since he ignores emotions that causes a lot of his decisions to be actually stupid.

Double-page supporter
I'll never understand this prejudice people have towards Grimdark stuff.

Art is supposed to offend the senses, you can't truly appreciate something if you're comfy and at home with it.

Edgy: an English slang term used to describe things, behaviors or trends which are provocative or avant-garde, and is often used to describe things that are dark and gothic in nature. It is commonly used as an insult online, particularly on 4chan and Tumblr for someone attempting to be badass by acting emo or overly contrarian.

Here's the proper meaning for the term if anyone's interested.

@Laughing_Snake
If I keep answering you guys, people will think that I am hating on the damn thing. But I also don't like to leave people hanging... So...
Please, notice that I will keep reading and not down vote this just because it is not for my taste. I just like debating stuff. :D Take everything I say as friendly as possible. Sometimes, you can read as if I am angry or something like that, but I just like arguing about stuff I like. So lets go.
Clairvoyance. Nuff said. That is a power that I would never give any character in my story. It just opens too many plot holes. How can you hide ANYTHING from this? And aren't them supposed to be heroes? Or they are just Dictators calling themselves that?
And god can ignore human feelings and all. But it is illogical to cause extra suffering if you do not have feelings too. Also, he has a clairvoyance like power, since he knew that the new MC life would suck, so, why give him the extra mana? just don't give him anything at all and let him die. Or better, aren't him a freaking god? Just change where he is going to go. Or even better, just change the name from god to an entity that pass forward the "will of the heavens" and make him unable to make direct changes and you wouldn't have a plot hole about a god that can't really do any godly stuff.

It is all too arbitrary. It is written in a way to force conflict. Or so I think. And like I said before, I do believe that it is possible to have a deeply tragic story without the need to force stuff. Racism, xenophobia, sexism, psychopaths, discrimination, and so on... But, TBH, it is just me being nitpick. I will read more and see if I like the development.

Fuck dude that ending had me tearing up a bit, fuuucccck. Also I can't tell if the God was being a bitch or pitying him. It's probably too soon to say since the God could have easily just killed/erase him or pitied him but based on the dialogue it seemed like the dude had no heart, WTF man?!?!

Also, can't believe the girl in the poster is his mother. Cough cough (what a let down, but good poster either way)

Aggregator gang
@MarceloYuri One thing people misunderstood: the MC is the 101st. There was 102 dead, one refused reincarnation (important), 100 were reincarnated normally, and the MC was forgotten. Since he was the last one, his classmates thought that he just refused the reincarnation like the other one because they didn't find him with their destiny (About destiny and fate: they have a huge destiny, making them encounter a lot of huge events and being guided unconsciously. Because of that, they found the others very easily. The MC didn't have this destiny so he was never found. (basically: companion finder+random event +++; it's the detective conan sickness: they go into an inn, and there is the president of the country, the pope, Bill gates and luke skywalker, who becomes your assistant, who sleep in it.). Fate: they have a lot of lucks, and fortunate event often happen. Because the MC has none, he is never lucky, luck never saves him)

You need to read the novel to understand better about the clairvoyance.
Clairvoyance is in fact a sieve, it was revealed recently. There is a lot of things that can't be predicted. Also, the way it works is very interesting and very logical. If you want I can PM you how it works.

Also: first: there is different countries. Not written here, but the country where the MC is born is highly militarist. It was also promptly destroyed after that (not really a spoiler because it doesn't matter)(Only the MC was born into it because it's a shitty country-> the heores are "lucky" to be born in nice countries)

Second: the 100 heroes are independant. It's an international organisation. They works with the help of governements, but there is no mutual trust.

Also about being blackmailed, huge spoiler
quite some of them are unhappy with the 100 heroes organisation and there is a lot of backstabbing. For example, one of them was a singer before but because she was exposed by the other heroes as the possessor of special power, she had to stop it because it would be difficult for her to keep her popularity as a singer without people questioning if she used her power. Plus, she was under governement surveillance. So she is quite unhappy about being forced into the 100 heroes.

The god didn't give him power, it's the problem. If you want a simple explanation: all the stats points that weren't distributed became Mana points. He didn't cause the suffering, but since the MC has no fate, he don't possess any luck ->life without luck at best, life with misfortunes most probably.

Also the gods aren't omnipotent. He had prepared this event for a long time and everything was more or less automatised (There okay, it's a plothole, why he couldn't send him back to the normal circle is beyond me) and didn't have the time to create new gifts. For sending him to Lambda, it's more or less same reason. He already had modified the flow of souls so he would send the reincarnated from Origin to Lambda and he found to troublesome to change it again just for 1 character. About being killed so easily: he drops his guard and got attacked by 30 super mages. About the laziness of the god
Why he choose more than 100 heroes? He wasn't sure that one will be enough, better do it in bulk.

Also about gods:
they can only interact with their domain and their believers. Rodcorte is the god of reincarnation. He has no believers because he lives outside of the different planes(Each plane has their gods (like buddha, jehova, satan, thor, odin, ... They are here btw)). As such, he can only interact with the dead that raised to the heavens.

Also, why the tragic backstory: it's needed. If he was not tortured or something like that he would not act like in the main story. It's not just the edgy hero that doesn't trust anyone. There is more. And that's what make the story interesting. (Can elaborate in PM)

If you have other things, I will PM you, it will be easier.

@Ovnidemon
You do realize that you are basically describing a massive deus ex machina influence in the entire plot? Stuff that happens miraculously and you call fate, I call writer whim. And, relax, you don't need to PM me, we are just commenting on story at hand. And I won't point fingers but there were a lot people whom have already posted a bunch of spoilers without people asking.
And I might sound a bit douche here, but for me it is a flaw in story telling if someone needs to look in other media to understand the story at hand, you should do that only to go deeper, not to not feel lost and confuse.
Anyway, I don't think you understood everything I said in my last comment. But, that clairvoyance... Really? That is the most dumb excuse for plot I can imagine...
"Hey I can see the future, but only when it is critical for the plot advancement".

And the tragic background, as I said, was just too forced. There are bastards and assholes in any world, the writer shouldn't overdose on it. Like, they see what he sees, hear what he hear, control the food and thought... Why put him in a vegetative state? As someone who did research during college (only during college, never went more deep into it), that is just stupid. If you want to observe a new phenomenon you NEVER limit the actor behind it, because you don't know the real trigger yet. And here we have a bunch of "scientist" basically crippling their only specimen. "But they feared him." Nope, the author made them paranoiac just for the plot, if there were a real team and someone wanted to cripple the only subject on the research based on a fear, he would be kicked out of the team. I mean it. There was a girl in my class that couldn't stand the lab rats, so we wouldn't let her in to not stress the rats and spoil our data. Pavlov knows that even a simple thing as the sounds of your shoes can trigger events. :D

And just to be clear again, I am someone who is extremely nitpick, and I know this. I am not hating on this, neither will I stop before seeing the development. But I feel that like the intro is badly delivered. You could have him die and reincarnate in a shit world without having contact with god or anything and dying in the escape. Then he meets god and gets angry and reincarnate in a new world, because I trying to ignore that he might be capable of cross world traveling later on, because why else would the others have so much background? Or how is he getting revenge on them... Because otherwise it will feel really awful to have those guys do all that shit and get away with it. But this is actually more of a taste thing. I guess there are some people that would like a really painful background where the protagonist can't fight back. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Just to point out again, I don't hate this, all I think is that it is necessary to express when you don't like something to avoid the false impression that there weren't any one that didn't like it. And although I might sound harsh sometimes, I do believe that it should be done in a respectful manner.

Also, reading again this comment, I guess I could add some smiles here and there to don't sound so angry... I REALLY don't know why I read myself and I think I sound angry... But I won't feel it with smiles, I fear that I would look condescending, which I found to be worse than angry.

i have a question : is the MC able to kill the god in the novel ???
If not that would be pathetic story about : oooh boy revenge is a bad thing !!!!! What did i do just to kill you two times with the worst possible way don't mind life is cruel !!!! SERIOUSLY ??????
Just hope that eventually will be an author that lets a MC to be a god ( a GOOD ONE ) after he wipes out all the others stupid gods

Dex-chan lover
@Mimcoa

He inevitably obtains a skill called "God Killer" and prior to that the ability to destroy souls removing them from the reincarnation system. By that point though, he's already so powerful that every god is flipping their shit over what to do with him. It's over like a hundred chapters in that he gets there though.

One of the Gods and her subordinate also mentions that at that point he's basically powerful enough to become a pseudo-god after death.

Users who are viewing this thread