Yondome wa Iya na Shizokusei Majutsushi

Double-page supporter
@MarceloYuri There is clear reasoning behind almost everything in the LN, this adaptation is up to chapter two, I defy you to find a work of fiction that is completely airtight in its logic.

Deus Ex Machina: an utterly improbable, illogical or baseless plot twist that drastically alters the situation, as if the "deus ex machina" came down to give fate that little push.

A DEM is only a DEM when it's a DEM.

Dex-chan lover
@MarceloYuri

Man, I hate to join in because I feel like I'm becoming "that guy who won't shut up about the derivative work and let people talk," but about the whole "this is all too convenient/forced, how everybody in his life is horrible" thing. I'm just going to stick this into a spoiler tag just in case. I don't really talk about anything too specific or spoiler-heavy.

In the novel, Rodcorte explicitly curses Vandalieu so that he has bad luck/fate. Everyone else in the class had some sort of guidance that led reincarnated individuals to each other. Van didn't. Everyone else had natural good luck, and some sort of cheat. Van had neither. Rod essentially made a mistake and is trying to sweep it under the rug by giving Van such a shit life that he kills himself and exits his cycle of reincarnation (if I remember correctly,) thereby not becoming his problem anymore. Gods have different perspectives on the lives of humans and other subjects, so he gave as much thought to how he dealt with Vandalieu as much as he gave how he wanted his coffee in the morning.

If the clairvoyance being spoken of is what I think it is, why bother fixating on it when it's barely relevant? Come on, guys. It's not a large part of the plot at all. 99% of the story is about what Van is doing in Lambda, the third world, not the second world. The only point in discussing this to determine whether or not clairvoyance dude was a plothole during the setup of Van's backstory or not.

@gaigous
It is not about perfection. We argue because there is room to improve and we want to debate about what we consume in hope of better content showing itself later due to someone accumulating what the public argue about. And while what you described is the absolute deus ex machina, having plot devices that are arbitrary is basically a disguised deus ex machina. But the guy that sent me a pm and the other one that I am about to answer already explained is that the clairvoyance is not future sight, just a kind of omniscience, that is a radar like power. Which makes a huge difference when talking about plot holes.

@Narehate

That... Actually make a lot of sense.
So, just like a said before, it is starting to feel a LOT more like a bad adaptation (the book was better lol) than actually a bad introduction. I mean, if the god ACTUALLY intervened to make his life suck as much as possible... Then it makes sense. It IS a deus ex machina, but to fuck him up. Which makes the plot holes a massively lot more bearable, because there was someone actively screwing him.

Double-page supporter
@MarceloYuri Nothing is perfect, no one with a brain will try and stop progress, however, what is being called a negative in need of "improvement" is always up for debate.

It is not a bad adaptation, there are only two chapters, the LN is currently at 167 chapters, that isn't even counting the SS chapters, and the word count for each is massive in comparison to most other LNs, this can't even be considered the prologue, and the things you are labeling as plot devices and DEMs are explained in depth over the course of the LN, they aren't spoon-fed to you as an info dump in the first two chapters, if it did, it wouldn't be nearly as good. This isn't an anime, it's a manga, the 3-Episode Rule doesn't apply.

@gaigous
In no point of the back and forth arguing that has been happening among us the work at hand was called 'negative'. When it was a matter of taste, it was made clear that it was so. Also, if nothing is perfect, there is always room to improve. For we strive for perfection, even if it isn't obtainable. (Was it Mayuri from Bleach that said this? Can't remember, but it is such a great line.)

And I got to say, I stand firm on the belief that it was a bad adaptation at the least at the introduction. Pulling a 'Mortal Kombat lore' is never good.
"Hey, they explained later the plot device that made no sense." Is what you are telling me. This is bad writing. And I feel like I should point out that it isn't bad for someone to like something that isn't well made, neither is wrong to dislike something that is, the wrong is thinking that just because you like something, it is perfect or just because you don't, it is garbage. Isekai is easily one of the most cliché plagued, bad written plot with deus ex machina genres that we have around. It is a fact. Also, it is quite enjoyable and a nice font of stress relief. Which is also a fact. So, don't be so much on the defensive about the thing you like. We all like things that others may find flaws in it, just keep liking it.

Aggregator gang
@Narehate
He didn't give bad luck, it's just that there was no luck. Since Rodcorte couldn't bother himself to create another luck package, he sent the MC like that. A simple explanation: the others nearly always land crit, but him can't land any; while others often evade an hit, him can't do that. So, he didn't have any lucky event and he couldn't avoid unlucky event. Rodcorte only curse him in his 3rd life.

@MarceloYuri About Clairvoyance: are you happy about the explanations?
And about things not explained directly: some of them weren't needed to be explained directly (The world Origin is only in the prologue for a long time). For the rest, it's a webnovel, I don't think that the author had thought into all the details from the start.

Double-page supporter
@MarceloYuri Why would you need to have used the term negative to understand that to improve something there needs to be something that requires improving?

I said the same thing in a different context, and I did not deny the need for progress, can you only converse through semantics?

You called an adaptation with only two chapters out bad, claimed it had DEMs using a very loose definition of the term, labelling things that haven't been explained in the first two chapters Plot Devices, and/or bad writing, to call the foundation of your argument weak would be a massive understatement, it's more like a house of cards ready to be tipped over at the slightest breeze.

If you really want to discuss how to improve this adaptation, then you need to point out actual flaws.

@gaigous
What? Dude, you are the first one that used the term 'negative', and I even used it to say what it was not.

Your are clearly misreading something here.

Also, the arguments so far have been strong coming from both sides and most important POLITE, don't be a jerk now, because that is a place I am not willing to go to debate a manga adaptation, but be sure to know that I would win in experience with that field.

Fuckkk this is so edgy dude. I like edgy but this makes it feel like I'm on a overdose of edge.

Aww, how sweet. Remembers when we are in the LNs. Right, bad things are incoming... Oh well, give this manga about 30 chapters and it will brighten up quite quickly.

Dex-chan lover
It's like the author just wanted to see how many 1st chapters he could loosely associate together. Maybe he figured out the best part of isekai is actually the world building and growing up before they inevitably go to Hogwarts or join a guild of murderhobos.

Thank you so much for the uodate, I started reading the light novel for this a year ago and I decided to randomly check if there is a manga out for it next week and I found this so freaking awesome Keep up the Awesome Work!!!

Aggregator gang
I'll repeat again: the manga is not edgy. The prologue is edgy, but once he reincarnate a second time, the edge rapidly disappear. Though, it's still special in the tone.

Also: "the curse to not be able to show emotions is more painful than I expected"-> proceed to cry ... Normally, he shouldn't be able to cry. He has sentiments and emotions, but his face is more or less frozen, like a doll face.

Also, page 6, I think it's "Parents" instead of "Father" in the 4th case. And page 18 it's insect elimination, not microorganism.

Users who are viewing this thread