Youjo Musou: Nakama ni Uragirareta Shoukanshi, Mazoku no Oujo ni Natte "Eirei Shoukan" de Dekiai Slow Life wo Okuru - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Little girl retu…

Dex-chan lover
... On one side, i salute the kingdom for letting the Margrave family to be powerful enough that they could topple the kingdom (probably more about they are hard or even can't be dealt with but there is also possibility of loyalty between ruler and retainer).

But on the other side, how did the Margrave family let themself becoming poor and not start an independence war or something? If it's one or two generation only then that is understandable, but it doesn't seems so. So how did no one seems to want to rebel... I began to think that the kingdom still exist because the sheer amount of loyalty and kindest of the Margrave family.

Dex-chan lover
... On one side, i salute the kingdom for letting the Margrave family to be powerful enough that they could topple the kingdom (probably more about they are hard or even can't be dealt with but there is also possibility of loyalty between ruler and retainer).

But on the other side, how did the Margrave family let themself becoming poor and not start an independence war or something? If it's one or two generation only then that is understandable, but it doesn't seems so. So how did no one seems to want to rebel... I began to think that the kingdom still exist because the sheer amount of loyalty and kindest of the Margrave family.
I don't think that the area is poor per se. More that it is a backwater location. You can tell from the castle, and size of the army, and reactions of the people that they are not struggling.

Because the area is rife with conflict (as mentioned last chapter), many normal merchants and the like won't want to settle in the area as it's not worth the risk. On top of that, they clearly don't trade with the demons. Monsters are a constant threat. As such, they clearly have all the bare necessities whereas luxuries, like fancy dresses, are a secondary consideration given the local environment.

Dex-chan lover
Would I be considered sadistic if I eagerly want the next chapter to come asap just to see the hero bastard get his bs exposed

Dex-chan lover
Well with the power of being cute (and the strongest army) the King will surely ensure the hero loses title dies tragically (and becomes a true villain in rebirth) and gives the Margrave's family the whole kingdom

Dex-chan lover
Something funny how Lilith too said hey im not that weak! Rly just a poor excuse lmao

Dex-chan lover
5i7u6r.jpg

Dex-chan lover
It's not too surprising that Lilith's family is pretty powerful. Margraves (aka Marcher Lords) held land on the borders and were tasked with defending the kingdom from invasion. To do this, they naturally had larger military forces than other nobility, which naturally translates into political power. The king and hero are about to enter the FO stage of FAFO.

Dex-chan lover
I love that they blanked at how cute she was. Adorable.

Thanks for the tl!

Double-page supporter
Are you kidding with the names of those sons? Able and Cain? Those are the two most inauspicious names for sons that they could have chosen.

Are those names that work in Japanese somehow? Why the hell would they use them?

Also, are we sure that Cain is a guy?

Aggregator gang
Also, are we sure that Cain is a guy?
I had my doubts too.

Maybe the japanese know Cain and Abel as names of myth but without knowing the myth itself. So for them they are without all the negative connotations we, from a christian based mythology, give them

Dex-chan lover
I look forward to the stereotypical Japanese "zero repercussions" storytelling due to cultural censors, and complete inability to discuss the idea of "casus belli" or "justified self-defense". /s

"Oh, boo hoo, I don't want a war because of me."

Well, sorry to say this Mary Sue, but in some situations it's necessary and unavoidable. And trying to pretend it's not will result in more harm, both to your subjects and others, for both diplomatic and military reasons.

But hey, it's recreational manga in modern Japan, so use of force is automatically evil. I'm sure they'll settle it with tea and sweets, and nothing will happen to the hero, their party, their country, or their families as communal responsibility.

I'm equally against over-the-top revenge stories too -- but it's like there's no middle ground. At least not in these fiction. Closest one I saw was "Okami wa Nemuranai". Where an actual civil war breaks out.

Users who are viewing this thread