Youjo Senki - Vol. 17 Ch. 48 - Open Sesame IV

@Carmichael This 100% does not happen in the LN. The LN has the secret staircase exposed by an enemy mage rushing out of it, has no mention of any important characters inside it (just the intelligence department's joint group of the not!France and not!UK), and doesn't have any survivors or Imperial spys entering.

The things added stay true to things in the LN though; Visha's friend is likely a spy in the LN, and a misunderstanding over detection magic causing a catastrophic failure has happened before.

Personally this really excites me since it means the manga can have more new things as well.

@Dyoneva I'm still hoping it's all a prelude to adult Tanya arc and WW2.

Shame that by the sound of it the empire is blamed for... being invaded by everyone...

@beepboop1 That'd be nice, an adult tanya. although i personally hope tanya can get her well-deserved rest i doubt it will arrive anytime soon.

also the only way i can even fanthom the way they're trying to blame the Empire is something along the lines of "they went too far and should not have counterinvaded these countries" thou typing it out alone makes me feel weird. I wonder if the author will ever properly explain the population's feelings (from the surrounding countries). then again it could be full on patriotism and nationalism and people just want an excuse to grow their power.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah bois. This is really scaling up in war time intrigue. Now we know where Visha's classmate went.

Dun dun dun! I really like this interpretation and the little tidbits that they add. It really makes watching the anime, and reading the manga and LN very worth it.

PoH

Visha's classmate is a goddamn demon. How did she even survive the spell?

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I read the Otto Carius manga the other week, so, are the animal forms of the countries people of this manga a reference to that one? In that one, all of them are pigs (germans and russians), but on this one, each country is a different animal.

Also, on page 40, is that another girl under Neumann? I thought it was only Tanya and Visha in the battalion, i wonder if she has a name and will be a little important later. I'm sorry if she was mentioned before, i don't remember everything.

Also, isn't that Visha's friend?! Is she a spy?! I was not expecting this at all, on which is is she? She killed the UK guy, and there were no Francois on site, so i can only asume she is on the Empire side.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@leeways
It is basically a mage's fingerprint, so they can counter Tanya (or any mage) if they detect them on time before they attack. Or at least thats what i remember.

@PoH
She probably came after the fact to make sure there weren't any loose ends

@leeways
Image mana as light, and magic as ways of using that light. except that normal humans cant see it, only mages.

now image everyone giving off an unique light, that is easy to ID as long as you have an accurate version saved.

Tanya being the one-person army that she is, an Ace of Aces, commander of a very powerfull wing and some other things, her appearing on the battlefield is bad news for anyone not on her side.

if they can detect her accurately, figure out where she's coming from and combine this with other intel. they might be able to set up a decent defense, and even kill her (or so they hope.)

kinda like radar nowadays and each ship giving off a ping, except each ping is very distinctive and tanya is a Capital Cruiser or smth along these lines.

Users who are viewing this thread