The Saga of Tanya the Evil - Vol. 8 Ch. 22 - Norden IX

Fed-Kun's army
XhNd2NZ.png

she fuckin' whammed someone with her shovel

Dex-chan lover
She cut that motherfucker's head off with a shovel.

Also, lol. Mary Sue.

Dex-chan lover
That Mary Sue girl is only past 10 or 12 right? How is she looking like a mature woman?

Why does it seem like Mary sue'll be the one using that gun? I mean I know the anime but..... Or is his father going to use it before she does? What's the meaning of this?! Scrwvqchtvsrbzcrwheahatkrumhdgwtntebenyntentngwvwr

Banned
Really now.... "Mary Sue" ... I'm guessing this is the childish god's self-insert character.
Things are NOT going to go well for Tanya if this new adult-figured child gets involved.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah yes, this part tears my heart every single time... as I've commented before on some forum (I forget which one), this scene was the start of me being reminded of the horrors and sadness of war and how war isn't a noble battle of right or wrong but a clash of opposing opinions, dragging many innocent lives into the mix, and in turn destroying many families and creating many orphans and widows of war.

from here on I'm going to be talking about spoilers of the character of Mary Sue and how it relates to my earlier points so read at your own risk
Mary Sue, I know a lot of people probably don't like her but honestly, her character is a great representation of one of the more unseen casualties of war. Soldiers themselves, they are acknowledged by the army and they're buried in national cemeteries and the likes but then, what happens to their wives, their husbands, their children? Think about this for a second, when a soldier dies, who suffers the consequences, the country? No the people who suffer the most are the close friends and families of the person that dies, no matter what side someone is on whether it be Germany, or France, or Japan the friends and families of a soldier feels the loss the most. Mary Sue is an example of one thing that could happen to these family members. She took up a rifle and started fighting for revenge (well patriotism at first but she eventually started to fight for revenge after seeing Tanya use the gun that she had given to her father). Revenge for what in her eyes was the murder of her father in the hands of the Empire. She's not a character to be hated, she's a character to be pitied. She lost one of the most important people in her eyes and she suffered because of it. She's not a bad guy, just someone of the other side

edit 1:
btw I do realize that most people actually hate mary sue because of how overpowered she's become but well, someone needs to be able to rival tanya

Aggregator gang
@Fushiginiku
Squad carries a spare for her I guess

@Ace435
I have nothing against her being OP. I get it she need that advantage against Tanya who had a previous life experience/knowledge but what I don't like is her Father and her portraying the Empire as "Evil" considering it's their goddamn Country that started this whole "War" in the first place. I can give a little leeway for Mary Sue because she's a child but her Father is an Adult and a Soldier.

Users who are viewing this thread