You'll never believe what happens if...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
If it's something that's available on those sites, I support them by buying their digital copies. It's a lot more expensive if I bought physical copies and I ain't got a job so... 😅 Anyway, I don't do it for all of the authors that I like. It just depends on their series if it's good or not. But I mostly use ebooktore it was connected to I believe kodansha... It has like available of source you can buy digitally like Amazon, ebookjapan, etc.

I do have a bookstore but not a Japanese bookstore, so I'll have to get mines online. And most of mines are already translated in English, it supports the company that translates it into English but as far as how much the author gets paid from them translating it something I do not know of...

Not from here, but I did read 10 Count in English online for free then bought all 6 via Tokyo Otaku Mode and Amazon.co.jp. I've also started manga on free sites then gone on to finish it on Lezhin. Also bought 10 Count scale figures, hoping at least some of that gets back to the original artist. To date, I've spent upwards of several hundred dollars on manga, in the original Japanese, original artbooks of same, and a couple hundred on pay sites like Lezhin. I've also purchased animes when they've been available of favourites.

I buy official releases in Japanese, as I am studying the language and hope to read them in their original language at some point.

I've been learning Japanese for about 2 and half years. The only manga I currently own is volume 1 of Dungeon Meshi. I bought it at a local Japanese bookstore, not online. I struggled my way through the first few chapters, but stopped a while ago in favor of material that's more appropriate to my level.

I absolutely plan to start buying more manga tankouban as my Japanese reading gets better.

If there was a site where I could pay a monthly subscription and read as much manga as I want, I would pay for that in a second. But it would have to be like here, where pretty much any manga I would want to read would be available. I'm not about to pay a different subscription to every magazine/publisher just for access to 2 or 3 of their manga. (For reference my mangaupdates tells me I'm currently reading about 90 series.)

i buy the raws so i can yell objection when duo says i'm no practicing my jazz letters for the day

I have a collection with my husband so each of us spends a high amount on mangas and novels per month, but we mostly buy everything at a local manga store, rarely amazon when it has huge sales. I buy in english sometimes, but i can read it just fine XD never though about buying from a language idk.

After reading i clean it -again- and put it in a protective bag depending on the material of the cover and etc and on the shelf by order of first letter of title. So far we have a mini library XD i use some duplicate collections to read for kids and teens too in the library i work.

Oh, and a list of upcoming releases would be great :3

I don’t ever buy online- I wait for local anime cons and then stock up there on entire series. They usually have discounts for buying a series as a set, and that way I help local importers AND the artists.

I have clicked the links. I don't know how many times. Haven't yet bought anything. Sorry I can't be more useful.

bought 184 licensed books(light novels/manga) and two japanese ones to help me learn japanese, until I learned japanese I will prioritize licenced ones. not sure I spent on those since I bought some on discount

I actually wante to contribute but I am dead broke 😥😩so sorry. may God bless all who keep them running 🙏🙏🙏🤲🤲🤲

I buy sequels to some of the mangas here that get fan translated completely, but then the sequel is officially translated in English with physical copies available. I don't use any of the links provided here tho.

Fed-Kun's army
Currently? Im broke as hell, I want to but I simply cannot.
I do like that this website has links and I intend to buy a few once I can.

Its quite hard for me as alot of manga i read is quite inaccessible but whenever its available and i have the cash i buy some of them. Plus the shop that sells a wide range of manga is like an hour half away from me so i have to be quite selective. because of online scans (only read like 20 chapters) , i decided to buy the volumes as it progressed got 10 ( omnibus) for the series before the anime became a thing.

No, I haven't followed a link on mangadex ever. However, I have bought physical manga copies of series I really enjoy in person to keep as memorabilia.
I've only ever done this twice.
I probably wouldn't be interested.

I will say though, I've spent a very significant amount of money buying light novels

Very rarely do I buy books for the manga I read. If I do it is buying the entire collection of a series at once so that I can glut myself on the entire series. I don't like the experience of reading a volume and then waiting a questionable amount of time for the new volume, even though I know I can read it online. If the authors ever did book signings near my area, I would have bought every book of theirs I could get my hands on for them to sign though.

Contributor
Have you followed any of the links to Amazon, EBJ, CDJapan, etc and bought any copies of your favourite manga?
Not really, because i'm French . So i don't really need to do this to buy most of my favorite manga.

And if you are willing to share, how much have you spent?
In manga ? Probably too much.
I spend something like 100/120 € each month for mangas since some years.

What do you actually do with your copies, if you can't read it?

Look at my profile, and you will know.
I have enough place for the books, even if i work on my house right now to have more free room.

Ah, and i never buy digital copies, i just don't see any interest.
It's tiring to read mangas on a screen, nothing beat a real manga in paper.

No I haven't however I have gone and bought several (translated) light novel copies of my favorite manga and manwa from the Amazon kindle app.

I haven’t used the links no, cause i prefer buying digital copies at my preferred website since i wouldnt have to spend another 〜$15 on shipping otherwise ;v;

I've never bought online but I've bought issues locally of series I like here, probably over 50$ worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread