Your challenge is to turn someone off from anime forever. What anime/episode of an anime would you show them to do that?

@aloysiusks agreed

that manga is an actual meme answer when people ask for "a manga like ______" where the blank is something you find as absolute garbage. Oh the number of times I've heard people say "I actually like that manga until..." I can't bring myself to watch the anime, but if it followed the same plot then it'd be the same answer.

Binge H2O footprints in the sand ... with no breaks.

I watched it back when it was airing and at that time I watched literally everything that was subbed.
It might be the first series I dropped. The pacing felt all wrong, plot and animation too generic and even the cast wasn't anything impressive, the only one who left any impression was Sakakibara Yui... I don't think I heard the names of the other seiyuu...

Fruit of Grisaia

It was so awfully made that it should be good enough to turn any normal person away from anime.

Easy. put a copy of all 3 Boku no Picos, while the FBI waits in another room. Sent to jail, they never touch anime again.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Specifically, the "Endless Eight" episodes.

They really were a perfect example of Einstein's definition of insanity. Watching the same episode over and over again while expecting a different result.

@Teasday
could you tell me why you'd pick no game no life ? I'm not trying to argue here since from what i have seen this series isn't my cup of tea either. I'm just curious
(it's the shiny colours, right ? hurt my eyes)

I'd pick GYO or Euphoria

Dex-chan lover
Probably some You'll Never Be Japanese-type show like Joshiraku or Onara Goro.

ab3.gif

Trashy or violent stuff would do a far better job at hooking in a new viewer than most "good shows". Comedy is where all the major noob turn-offs are.

Users who are viewing this thread