Yugami-kun ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai - Vol. 14 Ch. 69 - Will Watanuki-san Change?

Double-page supporter
THEY'RE BOTH SMILING! GIVE HIM THE LETTER NOW!!!!! Or make gust-of-wind-kun make it suddenly land on his table!

This was such a thoughtful chapter! I absolutely adore the way each character progresses (or regresses...) While I personally think everyone has changed, at the core, they still retain what makes them individuals-- which inevitably makes our two protags stand out.

Double-page supporter
One of the best chapter of any series that I ever read...

But somehow when I look at the author (Sakura Jun) history, it only has 1 work. I wonder where the author goes...

Contributor
Her letter is so genuine in a way that most other romantic manga feel forced or surface level. Such a damn good chapter.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
"Yugami you're like a shounen fighting manga protagonist"

Uh, is that praise? I'm not sure

Wha...WHAT'S WITH THE AMOUNT OF FANSERVICE LATELY???

Not that I'm disliking it though.

Dex-chan lover
Months I waited for this to get translated properly: https://nocandnc.tumblr.com/post/179762903392/a-love-letter-to-yugami-kun
2u282Lc.jpg

Aggregator gang
First komi x tadano moment and now this?
This week is truly a blessed one!

Double-page supporter
Not a jab at shoujo comics, but this comic just show how shallow the horde of shoujo comic really is. There's always space for shallow, fantasy fulfilment comics but following the formula to the letter is utterly shameless. I'm as guilty, really, watching Korean drama but I hope the creators have some level of shame, or growth as a professional and not trying to cash in on our vulnerability. The atypical "romantic stories" spend all their time polishing drama and forgot that character growth don't only happen because of dramatic events. Even worse, some stories forgo characters entirely. They are imported from a template, paste into a beautiful mould and be done with it. The school, slice of life shonen is not getting away well as well. They are set in school because it feels familiar, convenient. Almost everybody with income have been to highschool and its trial and tribulation. It's pure pandering to set it in school and the setting became the Vancouver of comics. In Yugami, the setting is school and it used it in spade. Chihiro struggle is a very teen problem, and so is majority of the cast. They are passing through a phase where they are still figuring who they are and learn to be comfortable with their problems. Yugami stood out because he's an old man in a teenage pelt. This deserves an animated series.

Users who are viewing this thread