Yuri manga with realistic experiences...

While I still really enjoy the Yuri manga that concentrate on the confession trope (which seems to cover about 90% of them), I also see from other posts that there are others like me that are looking for manga that go beyond that.
I especially would love to read a story that tackles LGBT themes of couple's struggles with society taboos or even family conflict from coming out.
Another aspect I'd love to see is a story that is comfortable with intimacy without devolving into erotica. Besides, often the hottest reading is a story that depicts real life situations without being too explicit.

Am I expecting too much?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions...

TGN

Dex-chan lover
Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't think I've read any romance that tackles the heavy issues. The most I've read is probably My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness, but that's not a romance. I have read a few Yuri without erotica though, so here they are:

Whisper Me A Love Song
Asagao to Kase-san (this has a sequel)
Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl
If You Could See Love
MagiRevo

(And god was trying to do this on mobile hell)
Thanks for going to the trouble on your phone.

Let me be clear... I do like for stories do to bedroom scenes....but I haven't read too many that do that tastefully in a way that supports the story. I mean that's closer to reality...even on the high school setting trope, at least when I was high school, often things went far beyond the kissing and groping that most seem to draw the line.
.... of course I'm not talking about Manga that revolve around gratuitous artwork either.

Contributor
Am I expecting too much?
Hum, it's kinda hard to find something like...with all of this... Sadly I would say.

Maybe it's like BL, the public might be looking more for romance tropes? idk... :thonk:
I am actually surprised by the number of guys reading GL.
I don't want to be sexist, so I won't say anything about this fact and the demography target.

There is this MD List from @N2O : Yuri in world where yuri is societally taboo/frowned upon Don't know if it will be more updated tho.

I'm even less sure for them:

Hope it will help you. :nyoron:

N2O

Dex-chan lover
There is this MD List from @N2O : Yuri in world where yuri is societally taboo/frowned upon Don't know if it will be more updated tho.
Wow, sombody knows about one of my lists?? :meguupog: I didn't think anybody knew about them. I tried sharing them at one point but didn't get any response at all so I lost motivation.. There are about 70 lists so it's a lot of work. The one you linked is one that I'm especially keen on adding more to-- will add more as I find them.

Users who are viewing this thread