Yuusha Goikkou no Kaerimichi

Double-page supporter
@Armorpiercer hmmm in majority of anime manga I saw the strength of dragons is far below demon lords, so even if she did solo the dragon it doesn't mean much for the whole hero vs demon lords. If they did killed the demon lord I think their reception won't be so small limited to their own village, most likely the whole country and big cities will grandly received them and mourn while celebrate the end of demon lord, but it seems they're just another hero party who failed to kill the demon lord and slowly forgotten.

There's some scene of the normal village when the hero is still just small kids and a relatively normal cities when they found the mage, so it's not like the world is in peril and fighting all 24 hours everyday, most likely the only hot area is the frontline and the rest is quite normal just like the last scene. The long trails of blood also suggest that she drag the hero body into safety, that is not needed if they did defeat the demon lord. The ending is also like a hint of another hero party that lost their member but need to kept going to defeat the demon lord, so they left the corpse to the mage for journey back home.

In any case, she said they're defeated, not draw or even killed the demon lord so I can't imagine they find success in their journey. But this manga is not seeking for happy or meaningful ending for the hero's party, the hero is defeated and dead, the tragedy is simply told like that.

Double-page supporter
@bramhistory also Japanese usually consider dragons of that look "wyrms" or a "drake" and they are more monsters than dragons (which are considered having intellect and great wisdom,power etc.)

Fuck didnt expect that shit since i skipped the first pages since i thought it will be generic.

Double-page supporter
Glad to see her going well with her life in the end.

I would like some clarification at the end. Does Nina continue to return the defeated heroes to their home village? The last three pages the goodbye is meant for the heroes that we were introduced, where after that it reads like a new set of heroes were returned home. If this is the case I have a whole new level of emotion for this work of art.

Dex-chan lover
@wawjtiger Nina, returns all three heroes to their home village. In the future, she becomes a sort of delivery service for dead heroes, returning them to their final resting place of their home villages.

Users who are viewing this thread