Yuusha Party wo Tsuihousareta Hakuma Doushi, S Rank Boukensha ni Hirowareru ~Kono Hakuma Doushi ga Kikakugai Sugiru~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
I can understand why Lloyd's master put him through a harsh training regimen, but why remove Lloyd's self-respect altogether? What's the point? As talented as she must be, the master is probably an ill-tempered drunkard, and that's the only reason.

Dex-chan lover
I can understand why Lloyd's master put him through a harsh training regimen, but why remove Lloyd's self-respect altogether? What's the point? As talented as she must be, the master is probably an ill-tempered drunkard, and that's the only reason.
Its clearly becoz his master dont want MC to be overestimated his own abilities. If one day he think can do anything and overestimated himself, he would stop improving himself and might cause disaster to other and to himself.

It is becoz he always think that he is not good enough that he always cautious of what he can and can't do, what step he should take and so on.

We also have good example of the guy who overconfidence and overestimated his abilities like the so-call HERO here, do you want MC to be like that HERO?

While MC's master have done a great job for making MC the way he is. I think we all can agree that his master have done TOO great of her job that mass up MC common sense of the common people.

Dex-chan lover
Its clearly becoz his master dont want MC to be overestimated his own abilities. If one day he think can do anything and overestimated himself, he would stop improving himself and might cause disaster to other and to himself.

It is becoz he always think that he is not good enough that he always cautious of what he can and can't do, what step he should take and so on.

We also have good example of the guy who overconfidence and overestimated his abilities like the so-call HERO here, do you want MC to be like that HERO?

While MC's master have done a great job for making MC the way he is. I think we all can agree that his master have done TOO great of her job that mass up MC common sense of the common people.
That's why I said altogether. There's nothing of it left, which greatly, negatively, affects his life. He believes his skills are hardly even average and thus allowed the hero party to treat him basically like a servant, not one of them, just one who was allowed to serve them and thus could arbitrarily be kicked out, even taking back his savings as undeserving. Thanks to his master's "teachings", he actually agreed with the hero party, thinking he got what he deserved. If he hadn't met the honourable S-rank party, it's possible Lloyd would have never achieved anything in life because he'd have thought it's not proper to even try, for someone of his nonexistent talents (as he believed, against the reality).

The master didn't prepare him to be cautious, she prepared him to fail. It's only sheer luck he ended up with this particular S-rank party.

Dex-chan lover
Yui might not be a great tactician, but she' s certainly a good leader, to be able to rouse people like that.
There is also the part where MC did not finish his training, and just ran away. She could say some encouraging words when he's closer to finishing her training or something.

Dex-chan lover
Yui might not be a great tactician, but she' s certainly a good leader, to be able to rouse people like that.

There is also the part where MC did not finish his training, and just ran away. She could say some encouraging words when he's closer to finishing her training or something.
With her style and weapon of choice, I don't surprise if she is a hero.

Dex-chan lover
That's why I said altogether. There's nothing of it left, which greatly, negatively, affects his life. He believes his skills are hardly even average and thus allowed the hero party to treat him basically like a servant, not one of them, just one who was allowed to serve them and thus could arbitrarily be kicked out, even taking back his savings as undeserving. Thanks to his master's "teachings", he actually agreed with the hero party, thinking he got what he deserved. If he hadn't met the honourable S-rank party, it's possible Lloyd would have never achieved anything in life because he'd have thought it's not proper to even try, for someone of his nonexistent talents (as he believed, against the reality).

The master didn't prepare him to be cautious, she prepared him to fail. It's only sheer luck he ended up with this particular S-rank party.
I dont think she purposefully destroyed his confidence, it's just that her magic is so amazing, and his is slightly less amazing, that he thinks his is below the average. He's only ever experience the magic of Merlin, so he doesn't know just how advanced she is compared to the average. If she did purposefully harm his confidence, I doubt it was meant to be to that extent, since that WOULD be very harmful to his life. All the flashbacks we've been shown so far give the vibe of "Harsh but with his best interests in mind." The Hero Party are the ones that REALLY destroyed his confidence, making him think he was garbage tier without themselves knowing the average strength of a white mage.

Or it's a "teacher wants to fuck their student so they make student completely dependent on them" situation that a lot of manga likes for some reason

Double-page supporter
Villains should have capture this bastard of a mc instead of this poor beastgirly, he's ignorant+easy to brainwash+again dumbo beyond universal law

Contributor
"I wasn't allowed to speak out in the hero party"
This directly contradicts what Lina said on page 12 of the previous chapter, on Lloyd being "the person who gave us the right orders in battle" ... how can he give his old party orders if he also wasn't allowed to speak out...? :question:

Now is not the time to freaking worry about being recognized for doing a good job. His crippling, utter lack of self-esteem is so extreme to me it's breaking my suspension of disbelief. He is the extreme opposite of the hero who has gross amounts of baseless self-confidence.

is that a gold mouse cursor at the edge of the page on page 11...?

Users who are viewing this thread