Yuusha-sama no Osananajimi to Iu Settei no Make Heroine ni Tensei shita no de, Chougoushi ni Job Change Shimasu

Dex-chan lover
@cinnamoncookie Japan's workaholic lifestyle makes it so that the typical thought process is "I can finally do whatever the fuck I want... and that's to not work for once!". While that might not directly apply to the protagonist (It looks like she was still in school?) it's still how most people in Japan thinks, thus directly related to their popularity since manga is to some degree the entertainment and 'I wish this was me' for those that are working.

Or, in the cases of the protagonist dying from strife, it makes sense to finally have sometime relatively peaceful.

Dex-chan lover
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-as-a-losing-heroine-the-heros-childhood-friend-who-lost-to-the-main-heroine-so-i-switched-jobs-to-alchemist/
Link to novel updates

ahhh my stupid little shoujo genes has brought me to another isekai otome themed manga

Contributor
drugswhere.png

my current only mood @ this manga is sad noises - i really, really hope it works out for both laura and lukas :"(

Would be nice if this once, just this once, she ended up with the actual designed love interest instead of some random prince or king because apparently otome isekai are a wasted effort if the main girl doesn't end up as nobility.

Although she doesn't wanna follow the plot of the story, she doesn't need to push the hero away. I mean if she acts to different people are gonna notice.

This seems like it would be cute but I'm irritated how often she repeats the same thing. Like yeah we know, you died and reincarnated into a game you played but don't want to follow the plot.

You know you've read to much anime when you first see the cover and aren't sure if that's a cute girl or a young pretty boy. 😅😅😅

@tea-sea the novel has only been translated to chapter 4, chapter 2 being where we're left at this point, when our MC meets with the village children. This version is faithful to that one so far. I will say that the writing style could suffer through a beta reader, but it's definitely not the worst translation I've come across. Comparing it to normal English writing, it's about middle school level. The story itself, I find a little annoying. The MC is confusing to me. She sees Lukas as a little brother, acts coldly to chase him away and then kindly to soothe his hurt feelings, then gets hurt herself every time she recalls that he'll end up with someone else, even though she's 20 and he's 8. It's all a bit grating. Anyway, as far as the science of alchemy goes, I hope the comic will do a better job, because within one chapter (which will be the next translated comic chapter), she'll have proven herself a genius of alchemy, and we won't really learn anything much about it through her, so it's all a bit disappointing. I'd put a spoiler warning, but this really is a sadly predictable event, and it's just two chapters ahead, so I feel no guilt.

If your looking for more "serious" alchemy, read The Last Surviving Alchemist Wants to Live Quietly in the City. Here's the novel updates link.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-last-surviving-alchemist-wants-to-live-quietly-in-the-city/

For some reason, I really adore this subgenre of shoujo gals going ‚aight fuck this bs im out’ and pursuing some kind of cool job or trying to self improve. Shirayuki, Yona of the Dawn, Duke’s Daughter, Dahlila, that one manga about a pharmacist in the emporers concubine palace, etc etc. Its both wish fulfillment and somehow really motivating.

Me realizing the forced heteronormity of their relationship because of their parents, like damn I now understand why he never came back.

Kinda reminds me of Reincarnation of Sherman where everyone knows and assumed that the siblings would get married because of their weird ass society.

*Sighs* maybe it's the gay in me but straight adults are so weird in every reincarnation manga I've read

Users who are viewing this thread