Yuusha, Yamemasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 13.1 - Anti-Leo ①

Dex-chan lover
whoa, so he really is broken. thought he's just acting to test the demon lord

Aggregator gang
Makes sense as he was not given any other purpose than to fight as a "hero" and slowly he became buggy/corrupted since there was no "off" switch or secondary purpose outside of fighting. Which is a shame cause he could be a good administrator if the scientists programmed in a secondary function like that after the war ended.

Dex-chan lover
Not his fault, I suppose. It was the fault of the baka gaijin who designed & built him, and then allowed him to exist beyond his original raison d'étre, which was already fulfilled when the war ended. Actually it's quite an old story in fiction.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait a minute do we think the current demon lord and stuff is actually the people the hero created?

Dex-chan lover
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent, Batman: The Dark Knight

Edit; Beaten by @DeadKinginHell...

It seems like the collapse of technological civilization wasn't due to the invasion of the original demon lord. Did LEO cause the collapse of technology, and cause humanity to regress back into Feudalism? Crazy shit

Contributor
@Sep10trion - Typically elves devote themselves to a cause and have a good support structure. They are usually depicted as having low emotions, or a tight reign over them in order to maintain control. Much like a human, their memories fade over time.

Leo on the other hand has no support structure anymore. None of his fellow companions are alive, so he can't share his feelings to them. He can't really share his burden with humans, as they have such a short lifespan, that it would cause him problems if he emotionally attached himself to them (a typical trope that elves have). Unlike elves and humans, Leo remembers everything. So all of the time he feels useless over those 3000 years, it just continues to build up and weigh upon his mind, until it finally snapped.

Even then, he has the problem that he grows and evolves over time. I am sure if he continued travelling and living with his companions, he would eventually get tired of them. They would always have the same answers, the same mannerisms, and the same problems that they always had, as they do not have the potential for growth. It'd be like how you're in high school thinking about relationships and the complications about becoming an adult, and your friends are all talking about how awesome it is to play in that sandbox at the park every day. It is just not fulfilling anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that Leo killed a few of them.

Dex-chan lover
@Akule Self-care is technically a skill and it encompasses mental health as well, so he probably could have maxed that out and remained some form of sane forever, had there not been a literal programming bug in his brain.

Although if his cheat applied to stuff like that, he also would have been able to invoke enough circuitous thinking to come up with and engineer a set of events that would see him freed from said programming, after 3000 freaking years. I guess the author and I don't have the same idea about how a "super growth" power would work.

Fed-Kun's army
Any sentient just can't live alone that long without purpose, and even purpose became obsolete if you live for 3000 years. You can live to save humanity when there's a threat, if there's none, what you can do? Do world touring for food and recreation? In a few hundred years that can be completed. Lover? Is there any beings that can match his lifespan? It just sad that his creator didn't create a mate for him.

Contributor
@twinklecake - There are ample examples of individuals who are skilled in self-care, but suffer from depression. His identity is intrinsically tied to being a hero and saving humanity. He can't remove that part of himself and go off to become a baker or something. He has to complete that task, regardless of the cost to himself.

Even if he has self-care maxed out, if you have this burden of never being able to really and truly be understood or to change yourself, you can't help but fall to madness.

Dex-chan lover
3000 years is easy. People be working the same job for 50 years with a smile. You telling me there's less than 60 jobs in the world?

Users who are viewing this thread