Yuusha, Yamemasu - Vol. 3 Ch. 13.1 - Anti-Leo ①

Dex-chan lover
Poor fella, hope that even if they don't menage to kill him they will be able to block his hero powers/programming. Spending ~40 years as normal human and dying from the old age seems like a blessing for him. Especially if he could finally find a lover to spend these years with. Like a certain demon lord.

Double-page supporter
Well.....living alone in those 3 millennium..suck I guess..

@Sep10trion I have not read a manga till now where the age of elves really mattered... The personality difference between a 20 year old elf and 1000 year old elf was practically non-existent. They all looked the same, behaved the same. Thats why the longevity of elves in manga is just a meaningless number. In most manga the 12 year old protagonist is stronger, smarter, more experienced than any 500 year old elf.
tl;dr the age of manga elves is just a meaningless number for funs sake and has less impact on the character than breast sizebecause we all know that is the only important character trait for any female in ayn story. if you ask about male elves. i have yet to so an male elf as an important character , so im not sure they really exist

Dex-chan lover
@Akule Hence the second part of the post. If magic lets you create people-machines, it probably lets you create something that can alter the central programming of said people-machines. It'd even serve as part of saving the world, technically, because his growing instability is the predominant threat to the world at this time. There's also gotta be some sort of skillset that pertains to making enough mental gymnastics and indirectly getting others to do things for you to get that invention built and used on you somehow, just in case there's some bullshit programming that prevents that sort of thing.

Hell, barring that, just engineer your own death quietly in a corner somewhere with a note sent to the demon king about the McGuffin in your chest. Don't just befriend people and force them to murder you. That's not just crazy, that's just dumb and unnecessarily melodramatic.

He's had a long fucking time to develop the skills to bring these and similar scenarios about. What he's giving me here is what I'd expect from a person with endless growth at around 30 years of age tops, not 3000.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for extra note, never payed attention to use of "yuusha" and "eiyuu".

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak
3000 years is easy. People be working the same job for 50 years with a smile. You telling me there's less than 60 jobs in the world?
Would have worked if it weren't for the constant impulse of "You should be out there fighting to save/protect humanity". It's not like any civilian job could alleviate that drive.

Dex-chan lover
Plot Twist: Edea and the demons are the recreated "heroes" that Leo made.

@twinklecake
> If magic lets you create people-machines, it probably lets you create something that can alter the central programming of said people-machines.
Except, said programming is embedded into the akashic engine, the thing that Leo specifically said is a secret that he can't understand no matter what. So he can't just simply reverse program it.

>Hell, barring that, just engineer your own death quietly in a corner somewhere with a note sent to the demon king about the McGuffin in your chest. Don't just befriend people and force them to murder you. That's not just crazy, that's just dumb and unnecessarily melodramatic.
It's not possible, the central core of the personality is to save the world, not to die. He's not even allowed to die on his own because that will likely lead to the end of humanity when there's no one to protect them. Same reason why none of the other DH series commited suicide, all of them can only die when they're killed in battle. The "engineering your death" is precisely what Leo is doing here: having a group of powerful people that stood on the opposite side of him to kill him.

This sure drives home how bad being the only practically immortal person can get in the worst-case scenario.

@Draggador
The problem wasn't his immortality, it was the fact that he was programmed to fight for and save humanity and had no way to rise above that. You and I might want to help people and maybe be of use to someone but we can always find another meaning in life. He is not capable of that, he was built with the need to save and fight for humanity and clearly has no way to reprogram himself. The only reason he is capable of doing his current plan is that after 3000 years his programming bugged.

Dex-chan lover
@randomname

Sousou no Frieren somewhat deals with the melancholy of being the only long lived species (an elf in this case) in a party of friends if you wanted something like that.

@randomname

Sousou no Frieren somewhat deals with the melancholy of being the only long lived species (an elf in this case) in a party of friends if you wanted something like that.

@Ixiaz

Thanks for the recommend. There's not many manga that dwell on the perspective of long-lived races, or at least not beyond a one-shot or a side-chapter in a larger series.

Damn, my theory that he killed the other dh series and got their powers was just shot down, wouldve been a cool twist.

Users who are viewing this thread