Godaigo Daigo author is translating and posting his manga on twitter

Group Leader
I think I trust a publishing company's work more than his "revised machine-translated English," to be quite honest.

Contributor
I think I trust a publishing company's work more than his "revised machine-translated English," to be quite honest.
To each their own, if you want to believe in a big corporation who is just a middle man then that's on you. Makes me laugh that you think a third party knows better about a work than the author himself, who even shows a basic level of english understanding.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
If people like Katrina are translating the official version then yes, a machine is way better.
Fn5aTwiXkAwHeL3

Dex-chan lover
The latest I can remember is related to anime translation. You can take a look on the thread to see other "adaptations" that were made.
Oh, I thought the manga already has an official Eng translation
Yeah, I've heard about that news

Group Leader
The amount of selection bias displayed in these kinds of threads from people who don't know Japanese is remarkable. There are obviously instances in which official translators behave badly, there is no doubt, but anyone who listens to people who actually know the language will know that the scripts used in scanlation are broadly of a much worse quality than those in official releases—and MTL is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to scanlation.

Suggesting that very occasional biased and corrupt translation choices by official localisers make official translations worse in aggregate than scanlations (themselves not known for their fidelity to the source when it comes to groups injecting their own opinions!) is utterly risible.

(If anyone's curious, my native-speaking colleague's opinion on the translatorial acumen of different publishers:
Viz = Kodansha > YP = SS = Top 10% of scanlations >>> Median scanlation >>>>>>> Poor scanlations/MTL)

Users who are viewing this thread