MangaDex April Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally!
I was waiting for a checkmark for MangaDex
Now I can show my low self-esteem and get on a high horse in every argument here!

I did the thing but honestly and no offense but won't ad block just do the same thing? I'm just a reader not an uploader so the benefits don't weigh out as much for the cost of something I can get for free. Yes, I am happy to shell out for my hobby and I love mangadex so hopefully there is more benefits to persuade cheap skates like me.

Group Leader
Can we get "MD Orange Supporter" as a Role, like "MD@Home"?

Dex-chan lover
Needs more e-peenity. 🥰

Fwiw, there's been at least one person over on Mastodon predicting F'elon will do exactly what you're joking about... I have a funny feeling you'll both end up being right.

Hello everyone!

As you all know, MangaDex funds its servers on a yearly basis in early April, and this year is no different.

While we were thinking about selling our corporate yachts to do so, we decided that it was better to give back to the whole community, by offering a new and improved MangaDex experience ™️ to our most loyal members.

Inspired by the innovation in subscription models that other social media companies have been unveiling recently, we are proud to now announce our own!

With the brand new MangaDex Orange™️, you can now access a wide range of exclusive benefits while reading or publishing on MangaDex, such as:
  • Having your uploads prioritized
  • Hiding advertisements
  • Posting longer chapters
  • ...and much more!
Additionally, all MangaDex Orange subscribers get a unique badge on their profile, proving as much their importance as the genuineness of their account.

You can subscribe to MangaDex Orange starting today, beginning from $9.99/month!
Be the first to get yours at https://mangadex.org/!

PS: Users not subscribed to MangaDex Orange will now be served ads, to fund our servers costs and a new yacht for Dex-chan. PPS: Removal of ads requires a MangaDex Orange Pro subscription tier. Basic MangaDex Orange reduces the number of ads displayed.

yes.png
I understand the need for funding and all, but i pay for enough subscriptions in my life and there are an infinite number of alternative websites to read manga from. $10 to $20 per month is way to expensive for a site that can be taken down for copy right violations.

Hello everyone!

As you all know, MangaDex funds its servers on a yearly basis in early April, and this year is no different.

While we were thinking about selling our corporate yachts to do so, we decided that it was better to give back to the whole community, by offering a new and improved MangaDex experience ™️ to our most loyal members.

Inspired by the innovation in subscription models that other social media companies have been unveiling recently, we are proud to now announce our own!

With the brand new MangaDex Orange™️, you can now access a wide range of exclusive benefits while reading or publishing on MangaDex, such as:
  • Having your uploads prioritized
  • Hiding advertisements
  • Posting longer chapters
  • ...and much more!
Additionally, all MangaDex Orange subscribers get a unique badge on their profile, proving as much their importance as the genuineness of their account.

You can subscribe to MangaDex Orange starting today, beginning from $9.99/month!
Be the first to get yours at https://mangadex.org/!

PS: Users not subscribed to MangaDex Orange will now be served ads, to fund our servers costs and a new yacht for Dex-chan. PPS: Removal of ads requires a MangaDex Orange Pro subscription tier. Basic MangaDex Orange reduces the number of ads displayed.

yes.png
Just going to give a heads up. Even if this might be an April fools it's a bad taste one. Some parts of Web 3.0 are blocked in by ISPs in Fulton County Atlanta Georgia. This per superior court ruling involving malicious ads from Iran. The court order a mormetorium on Web 3.0 ads in Fulton County until the technology has "matured enough to be safe for consumers". It's banned till May 5 2025.

You got me until the crypto hash rate line.
~Reduce the crypto hash rate ~
Wait what... ah... today is...

Yuri Enjoyer
Staff
Developer
Commenting just to see my name with my new cool checkmark.

Edit: Come on. At least implement the checkmark properly.
tis only stored in the browser in the UI itself; so there's no link with the frontend 😅 we can't really afford the time to make it sync with the forums and so on just for a 1-day joke alas

Dex-chan lover
Okay joke aside, the "ads" REALLY helped me looking for a new manga (since holy shit the suggestions are amazing)

I genuinely hope this feature isn't removed in the future 😅🙏

Last edited:
I bought the most expensive subscription but it didn't ask for my credit card information. I'm worried that my bank info has been leaked and that MangaDex may already have it. I haven't had my bank account charged yet but am so worried T.T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread