MangaDex April Status Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the most expensive subscription but it didn't ask for my credit card information. I'm worried that my bank info has been leaked and that MangaDex may already have it. I haven't had my bank account charged yet but am so worried T.T
Don't worry all bank transations are reportable up to 7 days since the date of any transaction. :)
Plus if they do start leaking people's credit card info well...

@tristan9 are you familar with this website?
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
..... I am just implying... and kind of glad you guys aren't collecting credit card information :)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
At least it works. I didn't have to go add some rules to my adblock to get rid of those annoying banners.

Dex-chan lover
Apparently, sorting titles by last chapter in my lenguage is still not implemented, not even in the "pro" version.
And the orange badge doesn't appear in the comments, what's the point of paying a premium, if I can't flaunt my wealth over the poor peons?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Just going to give a heads up. Even if this might be an April fools it's a bad taste one. Some parts of Web 3.0 are blocked in by ISPs in Fulton County Atlanta Georgia. This per superior court ruling involving malicious ads from Iran. The court order a mormetorium on Web 3.0 ads in Fulton County until the technology has "matured enough to be safe for consumers". It's banned till May 5 2025.
There is nothing web 3.0 related in this update, and web 3.0 isn't blocked in Atlanta (nor could you even block web 3.0 if you tried, that's unenforceable) - here is a Web3 hackathon hosted in Atlanta, here's an article about crypto startups containing "Atlanta has a massive advantage in the web3 space".

The sad part is that some of the changes are blocking the website for some people.
They aren't.

This is why I am glad I live in Altanta where this stuff is blocked.
It isn't.

Don't worry all bank transations are reportable up to 7 days since the date of any transaction.
Plus if they do start leaking people's credit card info well...

@tristan9 are you familar with this website?
https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
..... I am just implying... and kind of glad you guys aren't collecting credit card information
We're not American.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I would toss a few bucks monthly to support Mangadex though a subscription even if there was no difference between a regular and subscription account.

Probably would be for the best if there was no mechanical difference, and the subscription for support was just to support the site.

Power Uploader
Paid as soon as the option was available. No more reading manga like the lower class plebs. Orange checkmarkless trash.

Dex-chan lover
We need an opt-out option for all these fake chapters being posted.

Like, I get it's a once-a-year-thing, but I come to MD to read manga, not unfunny pranks. If I wanted the latter, there's always Impractical Jokers.

Power Uploader
I think users purchasing Orange on Apple devices should be obligated to pay more. Just a thought.

Dex-chan lover
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread