Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 16 Ch. 212 - The 212th Move

Dex-chan lover
I am not sure who will win this match but I think we all know that the final outcome will be same no matter what.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't she already do it tho?

Actual question 'cause I genuinely don't remember

Group Leader
Hm, Rin, my dear, my angel...

You already confessed, in case you forgot.

Double-page supporter
Rin is a good character to include in the class ensemble but doesn't really have strong ties built with anyone else. The story would be better by focusing on Urushi's and Tanaka's family imo.

Dex-chan lover
yes she knows he already rejected her

she's doing this to get closure instead of just the internal knowledge that he likes urushi. once she says it and he turns her down, she'll know she's given it her all and won't have any regrets about what could have happened

Fed-Kun's army
Oh this whole thing is becoming insufferable.................. Besides, did she not confess already????? I mean she's cute and all but I personally wouldn't want someone to repeatedly confess their feelings to me especially if they know I don't like them back. But then again I'm not Tanaka.

I'm also not the author but seriously what's the point of all this if not to incite "drama" (as much drama as a slice of life romcom can get anyway).

Dex-chan lover
man. Did this story need a love rival? I just feel so bad for Rin. She is a good girl, she does not deserve to have her heart broken.

Dex-chan lover
Y’know with Takagi’s serialization being over I think this one’s almost finished as well

I honestly kind of hope so at this point. As much as I loved this series at the start, it's been really frustrating ever since he brought Rin in.

And I love Rin, she's a great character and could have been an interesting foil (or even a protagonist in another series). But the author just insists on trying to pretend that this ship has a chance of sailing, and it's really obnoxious at this point.

Dex-chan lover
man. Did this story need a love rival? I just feel so bad for Rin. She is a good girl, she does not deserve to have her heart broken.

For a love rival to work, either they need to be a serious contender or else they have to function in a way that forces the main couple to stop screwing around.

The problem is that Rin has never filled either roll all that well. She was never a serious contender; Ayumi never had eyes for her, and even flatly turned her down chapters and chapters ago. And she's not really spurring Ayumi or Urushi into action; they're both already in love and just waiting for Ayumi to directly confess.

The chapters where Rin works best are when she's being the cool friend who advises or motivates Ayumi on the path to his goal. But those are always brought down when the author tosses out chapters like this where she makes a futile attempt to sideline the main romance.

And it just sucks because Rin is a very likeable character, and I'd have totally loved a series where there was no Urushi and Ayumi + Rin were the focus couple. Instead I just constantly feel bad for her every time shit like this comes up.

Dex-chan lover
For a love rival to work, either they need to be a serious contender or else they have to function in a way that forces the main couple to stop screwing around.

The problem is that Rin has never filled either roll all that well. She was never a serious contender; Ayumi never had eyes for her, and even flatly turned her down chapters and chapters ago. And she's not really spurring Ayumi or Urushi into action; they're both already in love and just waiting for Ayumi to directly confess.

The chapters where Rin works best are when she's being the cool friend who advises or motivates Ayumi on the path to his goal. But those are always brought down when the author tosses out chapters like this where she makes a futile attempt to sideline the main romance.

And it just sucks because Rin is a very likeable character, and I'd have totally loved a series where there was no Urushi and Ayumi + Rin were the focus couple. Instead I just constantly feel bad for her every time shit like this comes up.
This all day. She was let down nicely some time ago, and now it just feels desperate.

I feel Rin should have been a charater in her own series or, like the Library couple, someone that found love elsewhere.

Just hurts to see such a good charater, wasted. Cause to be fair, I like Rin over Urushi.

Users who are viewing this thread