The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady - Vol. 6 Ch. 36

Fed-Kun's army
I find funny that Annie is the one that forgave her brother first and the rest of the family also did.

Yes he got the lighter punishment...but this is literally just royal family priviliges. Hell you can look for some stuff like that happened in real life.

The only one that could go trully against still blames herself for everything. So yeah.

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone who says that IRL royalty who committed treason and tried to kill their own family commonly got slaps on the wrist are a bunch of clowns. Beheading were far more common a punishment for a rebelling royal. Siblings and cousins killed each other regularly just to acquire a crown, let alone let would be usurpers live on to try it again.

No, this isn't "realistic", this is standard anime trope of shounen MCs completely forgiving their genocidal villains after a 3 episode long fight scene to beat them into submission. It's 2023, this trope is just an unfunny joke at this point.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly thought the whole story was just with that arc. There's more to it ??
Now what happens since there's no Succession to the Throne ??
Pretty sure the anime still continue after this story too, if you're interested.
Anyone who says that IRL royalty who committed treason and tried to kill their own family commonly got slaps on the wrist are a bunch of clowns. Beheading were far more common a punishment for a rebelling royal. Siblings and cousins killed each other regularly just to acquire a crown, let alone let would be usurpers live on to try it again.

No, this isn't "realistic", this is standard anime trope of shounen MCs completely forgiving their genocidal villains after a 3 episode long fight scene to beat them into submission. It's 2023, this trope is just an unfunny joke at this point.
I can't make an average data of royalty in general, but if I'm not mistaken Henry II did forgive all four of his sons despite rebelling against him. It's not as impossible as you said.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"Entire family put to death" once again dog shit eastern ideology of collective punishment comes into play in a western story where such a thing was not at all the norm. Was more likely a nobles family would be exiled and, at most, only those involved in the attempt would be executed. I should know, that is what happened with my ancestors for refusing to stop fighting the British lol.

I loathe collective punishments. They are considered an international crime for a reason.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't make an average data of royalty in general, but if I'm not mistaken Henry II did forgive all four of his sons despite rebelling against him. It's not as impossible as you said.

Henry II forgave Young Henry, only to have Young Henry attempt another rebellion and die doing it. His next two oldest sons also died during their rebellions. The list of royals who were executed is much longer, and their wives and children were lucky to be imprisoned for life afterwords.

Dex-chan lover
Henry II forgave Young Henry, only to have Young Henry attempt another rebellion and die doing it. The list of royals who were executed is much longer, and their wives and children were lucky to be imprisoned for life afterwords.
Y. Henyr died of illness, not execution. And there are three other sons that continue living, two become king and one is a duke.

And I know I'm being picky and bit of a hypocrite because I'm only replying to you, but generalizing like that to a system that exist since... Idk, at least around 2025 BC? Is a bit hard to really do.

Fed-Kun's army
Y. Henyr died of illness, not execution. And there are three other sons that continue living, two become king and one is a duke.

And I know I'm being picky and bit of a hypocrite because I'm only replying to you, but generalizing like that to a system that exist since... Idk, at least around 2025 BC? Is a bit hard to really do.
Young Henry died DURING his second rebellion. And if we want to go to just one example to prove a point I don't have to look far into Henry VIII who executed quite a few royals, only a small portion who actually tried rebelling. Elizabeth I executed her cousin, James II executed his nephew, Mary I executed her sister, etc. And this is executions, not including murders and assassinations that royals were quite fond of. Royals killing each other despite family ties is a tale as old as time.

Dex-chan lover
having your inheritance/power as a crown prince revoked, being disowned by his family and exiled is a pretty fitting and justified punishment. in the time period this is set irl very few were held accountable for their atrocities and his actions are very tame in comparison. considering he repents and has zero intention of committing a further crime, there is no reason to further punish him other than for punishment's sake. nobody wants him beheaded
I mean, saying it is for punishment's sake makes it seem like it isn't deserved...when it clearly is, and that's why they're going with the best they can do under him actually repenting, cooperating to catch their co-conspirators, actually demonstrating no will to even go through with is initial plan if he had even felt any other decent alternative during the time he was executing it, and willing to make any amends possible and to suffer for what he had almost done.

I hope the author can be trusted to at least make it so he is, indeed, not just in a comfy vacation home, and undergoing actual hardship for what he did. if he's helping the community there in any additional way, that'd be a plus.

Dex-chan lover
“I hate you so much that if you were an ant, I’d burn you. I will spend every waking second loathing your existence. :p” seriously. Wtf.

Dex-chan lover
so... nearly killing two people and all he got was a slap on the wrist?

If Anis wasn't the MC with plot armor, this could have turned bad for the whole world, considering that the brother was fucking OP and could have become a tyrant with no one stopping him.
He is still royalty and his parents probably care for him not as a tool.

Dex-chan lover
Well, if Anis becomes Queen, either she will be expected to take a male consort (or just marry a dude) to produce an heir, OR magic-babies, which let's be honest, is far more likely in a yuri series.
Alternativelly, her brother may not be considered royalty anymore... but he is still of royal blood. Thus any children he has could easily be adopted as the next in line.

That is both another reason to keep him alive (and until everyone here was talking about royalty executions, I thought it was the main reason), and a reason for the research about vampirism - to not risk his children becoming vampires like Laine did and would eventually do.

"Entire family put to death" once again dog shit eastern ideology of collective punishment comes into play in a western story where such a thing was not at all the norm. Was more likely a nobles family would be exiled and, at most, only those involved in the attempt would be executed. I should know, that is what happened with my ancestors for refusing to stop fighting the British lol.

I loathe collective punishments. They are considered an international crime for a reason.
Ah, I always thought it was weird when they do this. I always thought it was a sign of a tyrant doing so to avoid any living relatives going for revenge, so it is always jarring when it is done by the supposed "good guys" side.

Dex-chan lover
Look up the definition of fantasy then say this again. Also stop bringing your shit IRL life into this it's not only irrelivant when were discussion FICTIONAL STORIES it shows your clear bias.
being fictional doesn't exempt a story from having logic and being realistic. If that's honestly your argument for defending him, that's really dumb.

Also, people are allowed to relate to fictional stories however they want, and unless you're god, I don't think you have any rights to forbid me from relating to the story.

Dex-chan lover
They found out that he can't be killed by conventional means. The banishment is to get him away from the people in case he snaps during the experimentation, which most likely trying to find a way to kill vampires permanently.
I would love if that was true lol

Dex-chan lover
But he's still being punished...Do you think the mom/dad will just casually go visit the border and be like "eyy son how's exile and being living test subject going for ya?" or something?
I mean, considering that they just all forgive him immediately for nearly killing two people, yes?

Or does only execution count as punishment to you? Would make it a little ironic given your uncle is still alive.
I'm not saying that he needs to die, please don't twist my words. I was just expecting more, idk corporal punishment and for them TO HATE HIM A BIT at the very fucking least. My entire example of my uncle is to point out that, people DON'T FORGIVE THAT SOON OR EASILY even if there are reasons.

understanding why someone acted like a fucking asshole being able to forgive them immediately after they tried to kill you and/or your loved ones

also, in my uncle case, the "nearly killing" thing happened with few witnesses, all of whom are my extended family, and no one reported the accident, so no punishment was given out. Personally, I'd love if my uncle at least went to jail for that. Also, even irl "attempted murder" isn't charged with execution, idk why you immediately think of that?

Dex-chan lover
honestly this is probably why I was so disappointed. This manga tried so hard to be better and yet it still fell prey to the cliche Japanese manga trope "the MC forgives everyone immediately, including people who fucking hated them and those who tried to kill them"

I don't need for the prince to die, but is it really too much to ask for people to hate him a bit longer, as he rightfully deserved?

Dex-chan lover
also, in my uncle case, the "nearly killing" thing happened with few witnesses, all of whom are my extended family, and no one reported the accident, so no punishment was given out. Personally, I'd love if my uncle at least went to jail for that. Also, even irl "attempted murder" isn't charged with execution, idk why you immediately think of that?

Because YOU were the one who said he got 'slap on the wrist' so who knows what kind of punishment you expected.

There's also a difference between not holding a grudge and forgiving.
Are your dad/grandpa constantly obsess with that incident or do they just move on with their life and the strain only shows up when the uncle is around?

The characters are just trying to move on because they still have other things, instead of being obsessed with Algard, to do.
Compare them to Anis who can't and probably is a fucking mess of self-blaming right now.

Users who are viewing this thread