Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - You can't get by in a girl's world with just good looks

Dex-chan lover
This manga is definitely high-school slice of life distilled to its bare tropes. It's so on the nose it almost becomes a parody of itself.

Another weird thing about it is that despite being classified as a josei, it has far too many elements and design choices you usually see in shounen/seinen mangas.
It is? Wow, the whole thing screams shonen to me too!

Dex-chan lover
I'm a dude, but it's girls like these in grade school that made me hate affluence and pop culture. I was always among the misfits, and saw firsthand how girls in our gang would be treated by them. I knew I'd someday marry a girl that was often stepped on by these types of brats.

And I did.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

It could have been worse, but at least they were interested on her at the start.

Dex-chan lover
It is? Wow, the whole thing screams shonen to me too!
Very true. Though you can definitely tell a woman wrote this. The antagonist's monologue analyzing FMC's actions gave it away. This is something that women tend to put in their stories (and enjoy reading from characters). Men enjoy inner monologues about situations and planning, not people and motives.

Dex-chan lover
Aight, it started interesting, but this is my stop, actually, my stop was several chapters ago, I was just hoping the bus would turn around. Good luck, everyone o7

Dex-chan lover
Damn, makes me wonder what happened to Ririsa to make her be this way... Hopefully it's deeper than "I've just always been a bitch! XD"
She said she hated her name, and she seems to have changed last name between Middle and High School, so i'm pretty sure we will discover that she have a lot of familly issues.
(not that it's an excuse for being a bitch, but at least it could be an explanation).

Dex-chan lover
Another case of "evil cannot comprehend good" :dogkek:
Or more likely, she thinks she's the Hero exposing these people in her brain. But acting like a monster because they lack empathy to put themselves in another persons shoes

Considering how most young people act on Twitter, people who think they are preaching justice but because they lack empathy and employ a childish "I'm good, they are bad" mentality, it makes them judgmental mean abusive monsters in reality. But they always think they are the hero of their story.,

Dex-chan lover
It's quite wild to not go with I wish I was nice to this girl but I can't because clique reasons, which is the normal thing. But not getting she's nice because she is it's definetly a choice.

Dex-chan lover
Where is truck-kun when you need him? This manga would have been so much better if that viper gets isekaied

Dex-chan lover
mmc setting her up for failure
I guess it's the MMC's fault that she doesn't understand that you don't have to outright lie to avoid talking about certain subjects.

Or that she didn't bother to come up with something to talk about in the situations she was warned about DAYS IN ADVANCE.

Or ask for help in doing so.

Yes, this was totally the MMC's fault guys.

Dex-chan lover
Did we read the same chapter?
She literally was asking herself if Kusonoki could be useful to her halfway through the chapter and it literally ends with her rejecting reality and substituting her own that "no that girl can't be pure and innocent"

The bully redemption arc will probably still happen but this chapter aint it chief
They still did do a minimal attempt to make her relatable/sympathetic though with the “I always wanted to be the nice pure girl”.

Dex-chan lover
I guess it's the MMC's fault that she doesn't understand that you don't have to outright lie to avoid talking about certain subjects.

Or that she didn't bother to come up with something to talk about in the situations she was warned about DAYS IN ADVANCE.

Or ask for help in doing so.

Yes, this was totally the MMC's fault guys.
Too be fair, they both could just be comically inept and that’s why they’re in this situation.

Dex-chan lover
Blud think she's him
images

What will the snake bitch cook up to now

Users who are viewing this thread