Sensitive Boy - Ch. 45 - Complex

Dex-chan lover
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. The author doesn't know how to auth.

And I'm not even talking about this person who just came out of the shower. Whatever to that. You have the twin brother of the classmate wanting to get plastic surgery just a few days after Izumi first met him. All of this is just coincidentally happening while Izumi is in whatever his relationship is with Kanon, the person coincidentally obsessed with looking cuter.

The problem is that the characters stop being characters. They're tools for the author to push forward a plot that otherwise stalls out or makes no sense.

Dex-chan lover
YnMlwMq.png

Group Leader
She can, and I would say she does, still have to disclose if you’re seeing other people, especially with sex work. No one wants to walk in on that.
Yeah, she did mess up on that part. But then again...teenagers.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't that the dude at the bar? Or am I tripping
Yep, I had the feeling, but wasn't sure. So I went and checked.
Chapter 42. Boy ain't no brother....he's a host in a club and she is texted him. Probably met him as a costumer and got obsessed (sadly, it's not uncommon irl). Thing was clear already last time, as he forgot his watch in her room and she lied saying that "he just got comfortable and took it off"

Group Leader
Aw man, out of all the flaws I thought she might have I wasn't expecting her to be a cheater. Honestly feels a bit underwhelming? Cheap? Idk what word to use but it's disappointing.

Like I thought she would just turn out to be super codependent on him because she's insecure about her looks/identity or something, not just be sleeping around with anyone. Although I guess those insecurities can also tie into sleeping around ("if men want me I'm pretty" sort of deal)

Last option is that she's just really into hosts, which is also another common trope for characters like her (the whole jirai-kei thing that's been getting popular lately often ties into it)

Maybe the final lesson will be "don't judge a book by its cover" but in the negative sense.

Dex-chan lover
Time to look for a new idol. Previously he only knew everything, but now he knows too much.

Fed-Kun's army
Stop hoping boys, it's not her brother. I think it's just some psychological stuff like her feeling she is wanted and keeps men around just for that.

Dex-chan lover
bit off topic, but after seeing that last panel, i wonder does everyone that plays online games in their own room just... owns a streaming kit these days? I thought we were still in the era of gaming headsets for mics, i never even thought of getting decent USB mic and mic arm prior to streaming.

Group Leader
bit off topic, but after seeing that last panel, i wonder does everyone that plays online games in their own room just... owns a streaming kit these days? I thought we were still in the era of gaming headsets for mics, i never even thought of getting decent USB mic and mic arm prior to streaming.
I do. Own a boom arm, 2 xlr mics (one dynamic and one condenser), and an audio interface. Have 0 plans to ever stream publicly.
I think it depends on the person but it's not that expensive to get some basic equipment that improves your experience 100 fold.

Dex-chan lover
The problem is that the characters stop being characters. They're tools for the author to push forward a plot that otherwise stalls out or makes no sense.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that "the author doesn't know how to auth" but this manga certainly is this tropey, cheesy and over the top times 100x convenient writing that is fully predictable and formulaic.
Can you say that the author is a bad one or that they don't know what they're doing because of that? Certainly not. It feels done on purpose. Is it lame after 45 chapters and is it a bit too convenient and run-off-the-mill shockfactor? Yeah, it is.

Honestly feels a bit underwhelming? Cheap? Idk what word to use but it's disappointing. Maybe the final lesson will be "don't judge a book by its cover" but in the negative sense.
Hard agree. This manga already was incredibly shallow and seemed to be a set rotation of "bad mental -> meet person -> improve -> predictable bad stuff that other person does -> mental spirals -> bad mental -> meet person -> ..." and so forth.
It was the case with both female characters in the first arc and seems to be the case once again.
I really hope that this one concludes in a different way but it seems like this series lives off of the fully predictable shocking ending into the "welp, shit happens, time to move on and improve myself for myself!" message that is oh so relatable to the target audience. Meh

I still enjoy this for what it is, still reading after 45 chapters. But there is 1 or 2 things I personally would change.

Group Leader
The new guy is either family or she's cheating on one of them
I hope that he's just her brother or something
if he was her brother she would have said the last time...

"just someone that helps a lot".... with money after sex prob

Dex-chan lover
After that panel it clicked "Ah, they are meant for each other"
I wonder how far their own problems will take them.

Users who are viewing this thread