Call of the Night - Vol. 20 Ch. 200 - Final Night: And Then

Dex-chan lover
dunno why y'all are mad. kou has been working on fighting nazuna's succ instinct so seggs is definitely still on the menu. just needs a few tools y'know? it's just that y'know, japanese people love leaving things up to imagination which is what kotoyama did.

dunno why y'all are mad. kou has been working on fighting nazuna's succ instinct so seggs is definitely still on the menu. just needs a few tools y'know? it's just that y'know, japanese people love leaving things up to imagination which is what kotoyama did.
not sure. u forgetting it's kotoyama's manga. can be everything. and mostly one is he going home after holidays and she stays in countryside and another timeskip and maybe few meetings and he's old like that beloved man of vampiress that Nazuna talked with in chapter. i'd say this is truly good open ending and it's pleasently and not hurting if there's dialog and if it wouldn't be shityy pg-13 then why not include seggs:
Kou: do u still loyal to me?
Naz: jerk, i'll rip off ur thing for questioning it. and u?
Kou: me too(loyal to her), sorry
and he finally after 3.5 years from 1st chapter showing first time his affection to her and at least kissing her bc he literally acting like friend, no more, he even no missed her after all years for at least of the least to hug woman who twenty times in manga showed he's everything for her while other mofos even in manga only dreaming abt bitchy girls they're knew, that sacc-chan and e.t.c., i remind that kotoyama didn't show that he missing her in last chapters at all, all the time he's acting like nothing happens and if he's not 14 y.o. emotional hormonal teen but someone from jojo.

btw. 100th chekhov's gun. Nazuna's only reason to break up was her fear to jump on him with fangs. while we have her mom, coliving with her dad, that maid, with hear weaboo, seri with akkun. but only Nazuna for kotoyama's sake of shitty drama can't control herself so much that we had shitty timeskip. but manga said fed vampire has full control on himself, but not Nazuna, lol. also it's so dumb how they're dropped this subject that she dont wanna drink any other than him blood while they're together so much that she would better break up for years even if she loves him to death, kotoyama's logic again, rating was 9.15 and it goes down not just bc we didnt' see steamy seggs. also i dont like adult Kou. they're not fit together now. it was cool when they're both were teen-like and so vibey + also their chemistry too good, now dunno. and i'm feeling guilt for recommending this manga for so much people until it went to this ending.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There's also the fact that Nazuna is a Dhampir not a full vampire. On top of that Kou is strangely semi-vampiric. There's plenty of ways to write a satisfying ending from that.
thats true. they never touched on her dhampirism after they met whats his face on the school trip so that was a little disappointing

This is a non ending, it resolves nothing. What were the last couple chapters of buildup for!?
they stop seeing each other for 3 years, then everything is back to normal... what

6fe.jpg

I feel like people are getting way to hung up on the whole Vampire reasonings/origins behind Kou and Nazuna. I literally think its as simple as, Nazuna born from a human x vampire is a vampire. However, whoever she turns only becomes a half vampire due to her origin. Bam thats it. Don't think the author ever wanted to go any deeper than that, and constantly reminded us throughout the whole series that vampires themselves barely know shit about vampires. So everyone in the story is just as clueless as us the readers. Which is why they didn't want to risk potentially life threatening stuff, in fear of doing harm to the other person or themselves.

As for the ending, it was fine. Sort of what i guessed might happen. I'm cool with open endings if done right, which for this manga seems appropriate. Seems like they were trying to please everyone which is why some people might feel mehh about it. Others like the hardcore rom-com andies are absolutely seething, only happily ever after's can soothe their souls. I like bittersweet endings as well, if anything the leave a bigger emotional impact. Plus this felt more like a coming of age story more so than just a romance story. We got to see Kou grow and mature throughout the manga. Coming from a lost kid, struggling to understand himself and others to someone who now has a better understanding of himself and others, and made a bunch of friends along the way. Love just happened to be one of those things, along with the pain it brings. Now look at him, he's a straight up G. Girls falling for him left and right, has a sweet detective gig set up for him and he has his half vampire powers without the drawbacks. He went from a loner edgy doomer to a confident semi-gigachad status highschooler.

One major nitpick I have with the ending is the blood bag. Why the hell is this being brought up now? The author just opened a whole variety of questions that goes against the conflict of them not being able to be together in the first place. She literally just tried to succ him and he's like I learned some karate, btw "hErE's a bLoOdbAg, iT's MiNe". You telling me, bro is so desperate that he traveled to some remote snow place in Siberia and is willing to risk potentially killing the person he loves with his blood bag? Like yeah i get it, love makes you do crazy things, trust me i get that. But I wouldn't want to pose the risk to her unless she herself had the idea or wanted it. Unless we are to assume its perfectly fine since its in a bag and not from his body directly? Idk it felt completely unnecessary and only added questions to the story and the rules. You could remove that whole bit and leave the reader with less questions and would be just fine, more open ended if anything. I guess i'll end my rant.
do i fucking care if he's "cool highschooler"? it's all shit and nothing if u don't have gold like Nazuna. i don't even know if she agreed to him controlling her instincts and will she comeback to his town and live like couple with weird moments of wrestling? also u didn't see nothing changes about his "development"? further more, if he didn't degrade at all then stagnate, from the start straight to the end everyone reached for him and he keep consider it with mistake of survivor like it in bag with him while any other guy envy how easy it is for him to get everything, not even to mention the gift of heaven as Nazuna. he learnt NOTHING. he still can't show affection to his woman, he was able to manipulate and talk with all his school followers all the time. but either way we had 14 y.o. teen with hormones at max who SOMEHOW FROM KOTOYAMA'S FEATHER didn't care in manga not literally one single day about break up with woman from heaven, 1 from billions, like if he's not teen, it's not his first, she's not goddess and he will just use some bitch then

It would be better if that last conversation never shown.
Just end it with an old man resemble Kou appear in a distance and Nazuna's eyes start to tear.
That kinda silent last page will way more impactful, at least for me.
stop pocking knifes in urself dude masochism is going to kill u

I really loved this manga, especially the detective's arc.
But I don't know why these human x supernatural pairings never seem to get a satisfying ending, like the author doesn't know how to conclude the story. Simillar thing happened with Noragami ending this month, now this, I wonder how Hanako-kun will end. It's not sad but not happy either which is a bummer cause these are my favourite ships haha
do i need to tell that seri was ok with akkun, Nazuna's mother and her dad just weirods, they could even live together for decades and even agree to she'll end herself in one day after his human body will end himself naturally, but isn't she didn't wanna drink other's blood, only her man, like Nazuna? maid girl with her weaboo just without problems at all. it's all just their weird principles that causes unnecessary drama for drama. bro, like, Ko literally could with force make her drink other's blood but be with him(fed vampire has full control on himself manga said) and even if she's not in control of herself just from kotoyama's magic feather of drama, than she will wear muzzle as for dogs but they're could be together without shitty timeskip 2nd time in his mangas.

Dex-chan lover
Nazuna's only reason to break up was her fear to jump on him with fangs. while we have her mom, coliving with her dad, that maid, with hear weaboo, seri with akkun.
Nazuna doesn't know anything about how her mother managed to live with her father outside of the fact that she died from not drinking blood at all.

LG (actually Japanese, not a weeaboo) is one of Midori's kin, and Midori didn't love him when she turned him. Same for Seri and Akkun-- that sequence was specifically about her suffering because her vampiric charm was getting in the way of her establishing genuine friendships.

What were the last couple chapters of buildup for!?
The last couple of chapters were obviously part of the denouement, especially given Nazuna's departure and Kou's return to school.

Nazuna doesn't know anything about how her mother managed to live with her father outside of the fact that she died from not drinking blood at all.

LG (actually Japanese, not a weeaboo) is one of Midori's kin, and Midori didn't love him when she turned him. Same for Seri and Akkun-- that sequence was specifically about her suffering because her vampiric charm was getting in the way of her establishing genuine friendships.

The last couple of chapters were obviously part of the denouement, especially given Nazuna's departure and Kou's return to school.
isnt he asked if all love interactions with vampiress going to screw? he got his answer. and all this info about nothing. matters only that just break up was compulsive, impulsive and dumb and Ko didn't manage to protest as he still interact with his woman like with alien while he's vampire too and only thing she need is his affection which he didn't show one time and someone convincing me in "character development".

Users who are viewing this thread