Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 20 Ch. 200 - Final Night: And Then

Dex-chan lover
So the only closure we get is that they confirmed they love each other... Other than that we get nothing?

I always thought that since she's a daughter of a vampire and a human (dhampir), she's kinda a half-vampire by default. So she would probably just become a human instead of dying.

Dex-chan lover
Could be better but I'm content. Just sad there won't be any new chapters regularly

Double-page supporter
Thanks /a/nonymous for translating this series all this time.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed that there's no real conclusion. I'm not a fan of open-end endings but at least this ending is better than the author's previous work, Dagashi Kashi, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess this series is another to add to the 'be happy it happened not that it ended' list. Overall, it was a fun journey and a nice read.

Dex-chan lover
image.png

Dex-chan lover
It's ok, but why even have all this drama to begin with when the solution was so braindead easy?
In terms of the narrative itself, Nazuna's plan was to wait until not only after Kou's candidacy ended, but after she stopped loving Kou, so that there'd be no danger of her sucking his blood and risking either of their deaths. Kou couldn't come up with an alternative to that when she proposed it. Even now, he can only make the proposition he does (he becomes her boyfriend and wrangler) because he developed the means to in the time they were apart.

In general, I think Kotoyama might be a fan of putting boy characters through this "separation-and-reunion" sequence, seeing as she's done it twice (though, it has to be pointed out that the ending to Dagashi Kashi, contrary to popular opinion, is significantly different than this beyond the "separation-and-reunion" framework).

I mean. This reaaaaally feels like a "You have 2 months to wrap this up" type of thing, right?
No? Maybe Kotoyama was giving herself two months to wrap this up, but the announcement of when the manga would end was in the same year she won a big-deal award from her own publisher. The kind of about-face that'd have to happen for them to decide to axe the manga would snap necks.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Haha! This works for me honestly, in their place I would'nt want to bite that bullet either. Glad to see them together, in good terms and in good health.

This also leaves space for expansion on the universe if Kotoyama wants, there are other characters to follow, themes to explore etc. But Kou and Nazuna's tale (at least this part of it) is finished. I'd love to see more, but it's fine for me the way it is.

As always, thank you very much for the scanlation.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'm reaching a lot with this one, but seeing as the title of the chapter is "and thern", the only thing that comes to my mind is the Christie's And then there were none, also Flandre from Touhou is a vampire that also has some inspiration from her, thus they will both die. Otherwise, shit ending just like Dagashi Kashi

Glad to have been reading this from the start. While its not the ending most people seemed to want, I think its very fitting. What they do from now on is not relevant to us, but I wish them good luck :)

Double-page supporter
So the only closure we get is that they confirmed they love each other... Other than that we get nothing?
Apart from the fact that they are going to stay together and he’s going to provide her with blood-bags of his blood, then yeah.

I sometimes wonder if people are incapable of reading.

Edit: wouldn't have minded the 15 pages of full on vampire sex but there’s always doujinshi for that :)

Contributor
What a flippant ending. But you know, it's perfect for a series like this

Dex-chan lover
This was one of the few long running series I followed throughout. Thanks for the good vibes. The series really captured the freedom I feel when it’s 12:30 a.m., I don’t plan on sleeping, and it feels like I have infinite time before the morning.

Dex-chan lover
No? Maybe Kotoyama was giving herself two months to wrap this up, but the announcement of when the manga would end was in the same year she won a big-deal award from her own publisher. The kind of about-face that'd have to happen for them to decide to axe the manga would snap necks.
Then there was no reason for such a dollar store ending :pout:

Dex-chan lover
i hate seeing this go. i do have complaints though. we never got confirmation that turning while the vampire is in love kills. to my knowledge, what we saw was that they died when the sun came up and it felt kinda ambiguous as to what killed them. i could just be misremembering but im fairly sure thats what happened.
There's also the fact that Nazuna is a Dhampir not a full vampire. On top of that Kou is strangely semi-vampiric. There's plenty of ways to write a satisfying ending from that.

Users who are viewing this thread