Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 20 Ch. 200 - Final Night: And Then

Dex-chan lover
The moment he shows up after that long monologue... perfection. Just that sudden drop of humor after cold and dreary 3 years. Makes you feel right at home with the usual pacing of the manga.

I'm not sure what I'm feeling. A bit unresolved I guess. There was no sudden turn of fate or anything. But I suppose looking at it realistically, it's as good of an ending as it could have been. They look happy, so I take it as a happy ending.

It's a bit weird saying goodbye to the series with so many questions still unanswered, but that's probably one of the unusual, yet positive features of this manga. It's not about figuring out all the mysteries of the world, it's just a story about a certain period in the life of a few people. And now that period has come to an end.

Dex-chan lover
Not an ending I expected, it's not bad but idk. I kinda just want that neck sucked lmao

This ending is good enough, we just barely dodged a bad end

Thank you kotoyama and the TL team, this was a great series

Dex-chan lover
I'll take it. Half-open ending is way better than the lovers' suicide the beach bit seemed to be setting flags for, or the "and then they never met again" that the previous chapter hinted at.

Do I want more resolution and a happy ending for these two idiots? Also yes, but this at least leaves that door open.

Perhaps...we could expect Kotoyama's next title would be about Kou working with Ms Detective to pursue vampires around the world? With occasional Nazuna's cameos? I'd like to see something like that as a continuation of the story that developed so far... Kudos to Kotoyama for his work and TL for speedy delivery making this available in English. Enjoyed it!

Fed-Kun's army
fEFaD8W.png

I think i get it, Kotoyama simply didn't want to dwell on the details in favor of things happening just-because.

The point in this story wasn't the psychological and social problems of vampires and humans, but to strictly illustrate a bunch of inter-personal drama happening because of reasons. The weird vampirism was just an ambiguous plot device that never meant to be resolved, as were all the questions the story raised as it went without answering. The ending is literally just "an ending", a neat point in time where the author decided to stop.

The entire journey here was unironically about the friends that the characters made along the way.
ZauehKJ.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was pretty positive we werent moving toward a "tragic ending" or even a "now theyre together" one, but i was kind of hoping more for a "time skip he's married or something and theyve both moved on and can be friends" type of ending, this just feels half-assed with bringing up his half state again and then just doing nothing with it? neither one moved on, theyre just gonna be stuck in a routine until he dies? idk, im just not very satisfied.

Dex-chan lover
The ending was better then I thought it would end. Reminded me a bit of the ending of Girl's Last Tour (just zoomed out shot with them in the snow, purely aesthetically)

Dex-chan lover
It's ok, but why even have all this drama to begin with when the solution was so braindead easy?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation.

Together again. Playing tag till the end. Maybe we'll see them again someday?

Dex-chan lover
I mean. This reaaaaally feels like a "You have 2 months to wrap this up" type of thing, right?

It was a good ride most of the time, I guess. Thank you, original translator who stopped like 50 chapters ago when he got sniped.

Users who are viewing this thread