Yofukashi no Uta - Vol. 20 Ch. 200 - Final Night: And Then

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation effort.
We knew it was going to be a bitter ending for a while now but I am quite okay with this. It ended up being a happier ending than I was expecting without being a cop-out.

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't that bad! I do understand why people didn't like it though. Feels like the story just went back and forth, but idk. I found this ending very fitting, and it being a (kinda) happy ending got me satisfied. There was little to no romance between the two? yes, but from what I understood it was never about their relationship, it was about Kou's perception of love as a whole, so I feel it wasn't necessary any romance at all

Dex-chan lover
I was already going through the five stages of grief seeing what people were theorizing about this ending, so to get an ending like this isn't that bad. I'm satisfied that it ended as positively as it did.

Dex-chan lover
Not as melancholic as I thought it'd be, but doesn't really work as an ending. It just leaves everything open with nothing resolved. Why is Kou still able to go half vampire state? Is Nazuna being born a vampire as opposed to the others who were humans turned into vampires different at all when it comes to the whole "dying from drinking the blood of the one they love" thing? Guess we'll never know. Also, are we just ignoring Kou giving Nazuna a blood bag filled with his blood? Wouldn't that kill her as well? Or is that ok now since it's been more than a year?
Was it confirmed to be his blood?

Dex-chan lover
Eh...meh, glad that she could say it, but the build up of the previous chapters was lackluster and sadly this chapter is too.
The only difference is the 3 years gap, but nothing has changed.

And his half-vampire state remains a mistery 🤷🏻‍♂️ plus except -a little- for Tsukippi we don't know anything more about all the other charachters...(not needed maybe, but it's a thing I enjoy, having "closure" for every important pg)

Dex-chan lover
I see that not everybody likes this ending but I'm totally good with how this story ends.

Thanks for the translation :)

Supporter
Well, that was one of my favorite manga ever. It brought tears to my eyes when it read that last panel. I am a little dissappointed from how it ended. It is kinda bitter sweet. I did like how tall Kou was and that he is grown up now. Thanks everyone for a wonderful story and adventure. Thanks for all the hard work and the translations

Dex-chan lover
Well... i don't know what to think about this ending. Given the ending, i don't know if i will continue the manga in physical format or not. I will reread it having this end in mind and maybe make some hard choice.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Huh, wasn't expecting it to go this way. Alright, no issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread