Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou Deshita? - Ch. 81 - The Silent Complain

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the mandatory chapter as dictated in law by the Japanese Tourist Board stating that Japanese food is far better than any slop any other country, real or fictional, could ever create. The small mercy was it was only one chapter, not an entire volume-long arc like some other manga.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I never thought I would get to see an entirely filler chapter like this :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, the 1000x folded glorious soy sauce.
And RAW fish? My god, thank god that no other country with sea access ate it like that... Oh wait, they DID.
At least the heat of rice didn't cook the egg this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
it's always funny when they first time eating Japanese food be like
"OOhhh my, this is the tastiest food ever. even this is my first time, tofu so good, soy sauce so goood"
like their tongue is Japanese tongue.

I've eating sushi, wasabi, soy sauce for the first time didn't react like that even I like japannese culture
it's just straight YUCK

different cases when I eat Pizza, straight YUMMY

people complaining about japanese people saying their food is the best as if every country besides america doesn't also do that

There's a fine line between showing a bit of pride in your culture/nation's dishes and using said dishes as tools specifically to express their self-perceived superiority over others. I'd like to think most other cultures don't cross that line.

Not to mention this kind of thing rarely crosses over from in-person conversation to published fictional works... except in modern isekai.

And regardless of whether or not that's true, cultural grandstanding and posturing is always annoying because it's almost always obvious when it's being done. The author may not have went too egregious in this one – MC missing his homeland's dishes is not unreasonable – but we still have the uninitiated foreigners being instantly amazed and swayed over the moment the food enters their tastebuds as if they just consumed the nectar of the gods.

Users who are viewing this thread