Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou Deshita? - Ch. 85 - Neo-Camelot

Aggregator gang
Wait... Iris knows she's the reincarnated demon lord?

I knew that the story had hinted at that fact but I thought they set up the she wasn't aware of her reincarnated status. Now we find out that not only does she know, but she seemingly has had all of her memories and knowledge intact the whole time?

I know this is a pretty shallow, cliche-driven story but I feel like they didn't really set that up at all, nor did they pay off the reveal as if it was a big twist. It almost feels as if the Author (either the original LN author or the people putting together this adaptation. I haven't read the LN so I don't know what differences exist between the two versions) didn't plan it this way but changed track at some point where it was too late to fix everything so it would make sense.
Yes, she's known since she was born.

The Iris Reborn omake is Chapter 39, Pages 24-25. She clearly has full consciousness, memories, and knows she isn't human originally. Chapter 40 Omake 1, she speaks internally saying she is not originally human.

And the Heavily Implied Chapter is 30. But It's pretty much giving up the game in that chapter too. Frey talks about her habit of shortening names, and how the full name of the Demon Lord was..., next Page 12: Irisphilia, with her face in the center.

Liza notes Iris' weird constitution when they meet. The story hasn't been hiding it all that much.

Dex-chan lover
I'm baffled at the number of people that didn't take the hint O.O
Tanks for the food

Dex-chan lover
Professor tia is still the best choice for a wife. Stable position interested in him for knowledge and knows how to deal with his shenanigans.

Wait... Iris knows she's the reincarnated demon lord?

I knew that the story had hinted at that fact but I thought they set up the she wasn't aware of her reincarnated status. Now we find out that not only does she know, but she seemingly has had all of her memories and knowledge intact the whole time?

I know this is a pretty shallow, cliche-driven story but I feel like they didn't really set that up at all, nor did they pay off the reveal as if it was a big twist. It almost feels as if the Author (either the original LN author or the people putting together this adaptation. I haven't read the LN so I don't know what differences exist between the two versions) didn't plan it this way but changed track at some point where it was too late to fix everything so it would make sense.
It was revealed much earlier in the Light Novel, and even more low-key than this. Before the event Charlotte calls "Bloodless Vier" Iris is out running her package deliveries and cuts through a cemetery. She takes a moment of prayer at a monument to honor those who battled against the Demon King, and starting with "I known have no right to be here" reminisces about her reincarnation and her goals for a few paragraphs.

Author has never being subtle about it anyway. Do you even remember how much pomp and circumstance was given to just her name reveal? Author was screaming from the beginning "Look! Look! Pay attention to this weird girl, she's someone important! I wonder who she could be!" Manga held off longer on the explicit reveal, but it still beat you over the head with every insinuation and implication possible that she was the Demon King. Though it wasn't quite as clear that she knew herself.

Dex-chan lover
Wait she's the demon lord, I should do a re-read.
You and the others who missed this hint must be Frey lol.

Also, those who didn't expect she's aware she was the demon lord probably missed the omake chapters.

---

Anyway I like how Frey revealed Haruto as demon lord just like that lol. I'm glad Iris took that calmly and just left Frey's misunderstanding.

And as always, Liza best girl for reporting Camelot to Haruto lol

Dex-chan lover
Haruto just wants to sleep peacefully. Why did he becomes the demon lord all of the sudden? lol

Dex-chan lover
I cannot get enough of this. Frey and Iris. I wonder when Haruto will deny being the demon lord and Iris being revealed as the reincarnation. Well, I like it. The story so far is just lighthearted because Haruto is too strong for the enemies to really do harm.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
so i didnt thought she her self did know that she was the demon lord, curious

Users who are viewing this thread