Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Vol. 13 Ch. 102

Marin was acting that way because she doesn't understand why Gojo was not happy with/for her at that time. Like she was dead tired doing that circle photoshoot and then she expects to celebrate together with him after that but all she saw was his sad?/dissapointed?/anger? face idk. I do hope she will snap out of this and talk to him about it because we obviously know Marin is a frank person or else this will become a forced drama for at least 10+ chapters.

Why is no one talking about how Marin literally doesn't care on the amazing success and popularity of her cosplay xD
True, everyone's talking about the invites from the big shots in the industry but Marin doesn't care because she's not feeling it, because Gojo is not happy with/for her.

I will wait for the exact reason why Gojo was acting that way from the last couple of chapters, if its bullshit then let it be reason for them to progress 🙏.

I feel like this was an interesting change of development. Perhaps Marin is scared of what will happen, and of course her dad being here would mean if she were to talk about what she saw and felt on that day then the atmosphere would change and you wouldn’t want that to happen when your dad is being happy about hospitality from another family.

I mean, this chapter has very few Marin stuff happening which is what I took it as her subconsciously avoiding Gojo and letting things play out and escape this awkward encounter. Its too early to say this is going at a bad direction as I think Gojo is feeling jealous and left out and Marin has no clue what is going on in Gojo’s head. So, in her mind, she’d rather keep avoiding this topic to save herself the trouble of getting into an argument or smth.

I mean Marin is an extrovert, so she’d would normally be very open about this, but in this case, her love interest perhaps is unhappy with her. With so many uncertainties, I wouldn’t blame her for being avoidant

Dex-chan lover
100% agree! You do mean Marin, yes? Just to make sure we are on the same page. Seeing him really hurt like this and going "nah I will just pretend nothing happened" and not caring enough to not talk to him for 1.5 days is surely the best way and makes sense after all her "I wuv him!" cries.

I mean, she has been nothing short of selfish and neglecting for a hot second now. Really sure you meant her! :p
Well I don't know man, apart from Gojo, it also looks like Marin has a mental breakdown (sort of) as she is gloomy the whole time and I don't know, I will give her a bit of benefit of doubt.

I mean I also feel like shit for no reason, where I close myself and don't talk with anyone just because I don't feel like it, and if you had a GF, you would know that women feel it 10x more and especially during their periods (kinda common).

Anyways, fuck that man, I can understand Gojo and his inferiority complex, but I also feel that it felt a bit forced from the author's side, because Marin always communicates, and she suddenly stopped doing that when something major is happening in Gojo's head, I feel that's the effect when the author is spending 90% of her focus on side characters and is forgetting the minor details in the heart of the story, that is Marin's and Gojo's relationship.

Supporter
Dramatical H-bomb ingredients:

Mix 1: Gojo behaving (understandably) as an asshole.
Mix 2: Marin acting like nothing happened and actually believing that will keep her cosplaying life intact as of now.

Before I was blaming 99% Gojo on all this BS, but now its 99% on Marin, good bye relationship is this keeps going, and Im up all for that, they need their distance, specially Gojo, go back to your dolls.

So much love shown before to be thrown out of the edge after a simple (unknown as to why) spat… not so much love there it seems.

I would think that was mostly because her father was around, people act differently around family.
I mean... look at chapter 37. She is completely normal with her dad. Her usual bubbly self. In the latest chapter she is completely stand-offish and it's not because of her dad, but because of Gojo - as seen by her flashback to "yesterday's" behavior and the professional offer.

I feel like a lot of people are underestimating how draining cosplay can be? Marin is a total extrovert and feeds on the energy around her but her most important person, who put a lot of pressure on himself and her to make this cosplay perfect, had almost no reaction after. This is a total flip compared to how he has reacted in the past and has Marin off-kilter. She doesn't know what's going on with him and doesn't know how to react in response.
We've seen in previous chapters that she has a social intelligence and is entirely okay with not being liked by people, she knows she's a lot and she knows that she can rub people the wrong way. But when this person who she is majorly infatuated with, someone who she has gotten extremely close to, suddenly shuts down and withdraws into himself after what she thought was a major accomplishment? I also would be unsure how to react in response.
Plus she clearly is seeing him the literal next day and (based on my understanding of the translation) I got the vibe that if he was still in that funk she would have said something. But he was (seemingly) back to normal, they are not alone in the space, and she is (probably) tired and still processing everything from the day before and online.
Also she's what, 16? Please give her some slack for any lack of communication skills.

Fed-Kun's army
A lot of people, understandably, getting frustrated that Gojo's issues aren't being addressed. But honestly, an interaction like this is definitely better for him than trying to talk it out.

Addressing his feelings of inadequacy by telling him that he's valued would only ring hollow, it would seem like lip service, and there's no way he'd take it to heart.
This on the other hand addressed his skills and the quality of his products directly, showing the appreciation as genuine.

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe they're having their first real fight? That's always a thing in a relationship.
I hope not, I see it as his insecurities coming around again. I think he doesnt believe he belongs next to her and also that hes scared he will lose her. When he made her first cosplay and it was over he was bummed because he thought it was over until she asked what cos todo next, then he lit up. I think if anything this will end up pushing them closer together after a bit of separation or drama. I could be wrong but I also struggle to see this manga going in any other direction, shes probably going to reject the cosplay company because shed rather do it for fun with her friends and Gojo.

I feel like a lot of people are underestimating how draining cosplay can be? Marin is a total extrovert and feeds on the energy around her but her most important person, who put a lot of pressure on himself and her to make this cosplay perfect, had almost no reaction after. This is a total flip compared to how he has reacted in the past and has Marin off-kilter. She doesn't know what's going on with him and doesn't know how to react in response.
We've seen in previous chapters that she has a social intelligence and is entirely okay with not being liked by people, she knows she's a lot and she knows that she can rub people the wrong way. But when this person who she is majorly infatuated with, someone who she has gotten extremely close to, suddenly shuts down and withdraws into himself after what she thought was a major accomplishment? I also would be unsure how to react in response.
Plus she clearly is seeing him the literal next day and (based on my understanding of the translation) I got the vibe that if he was still in that funk she would have said something. But he was (seemingly) back to normal, they are not alone in the space, and she is (probably) tired and still processing everything from the day before and online.
Also she's what, 16? Please give her some slack for any lack of communication skills.
This wasn't something that I was going to go into, but as a lot of comments are playing the blame game I'd like to come to the TEENAGERS defense a bit.

I'd like to mention that Marin constantly offers to help Gojo. She was going to several different fabric stores looking for him, she offers to cook, she legitimately tries continuously to be of help. It is NOT Marin's fault that Gojo (and others) do not take the time to explain why things she does concerns them. They make leading comments or ask leading questions but never confront her on things like her cooking. They never say 'hey thats a lot of protein and grease, maybe add some more vegetables to that?' She is currently on a diet, and sticking to it, and is clearly able to follow directions in this way, Gojo or his grandfather could offer to give her tips or lessons!
Same with sewing. I know this is from waaaaay back in the beginning but just reading how to do things is different from doing them. Otherwise everyone could fly a plane from reading the manual. Gojo could involve Marin more in the creation process (as she has offered to help several times) and teach her. The finished project may not be as perfect but Marin has shown joy in helping in the process before, so clearly it would not be a hardship!

On Gojo's side his severe lack of social intelligence and experience is hindering him, plus his severe self-esteem issues (seeming to border on imposter syndrome at times) means that everything he does is weighed against his own delusional expectations of self. Gojo is a clear introvert, even as Marin (somewhat forcibly) worms her way into his inner sphere. He is shown regularly to have difficulty speaking his mind, even as he is improving, unless it is in a 'professional' situation. Any major issues that he is experiencing, cosplay or personal or doll making, is shown to be something Gojo thinks he has to deal with himself. Gojo is one of those unfortunately relatable characters who gives great advice on asking others for help and offering support but never seems to follow it himself.
In regard to his 'eureka' moment at the event, we have yet to been explicitly told what he realized. We think that he realized he is in love with Marin, but it could be something else entirely. Thus far we have seen Marin realize and get advice from her friends in a round about way on how she ought to move forward with her feelings. Gojo has not done any of this yet. Marin is valid in not confessing if she has no reason to think Gojo reciprocates. Gojo has shown emotional attachment and investment in Marin, but he has not explicitly told us that he is in love with her. There have been showings of sexual attraction and him getting flustered around her, but that does not equate being in love with Marin. He has come a long way in terms emotional maturity and experience but he is very much not mentally there (at least not consciously). We the audience see that he cares for her, that he likely has at least a crush on her, but he thus far has almost only expressed admiration for her as a person, not as a romantic interest. Also, I say again, he/they are teenage age. I know I was not a skilled communicatory at that age, and as such can understand why they make these choices.

Unfortunately, as much as this manga is a duet of perspectives, Marin and Gojo are within two different mangas. Marin is in a shoujo (possibly josei) romance themed manga and Gojo is in a shounen/seinen professional development (I will be the best/accomplish my dreams) themed manga. The characters interact and react to each other appropriately based on these genres. For Marin the romance is main plot line, while for Gojo the work is. Their secondary plot lines are their opposites major plot lines. While this is great for balance purposes it does cause conflict at times.

Also thank you to the scanlator teams who work so hard to release the chapters so quickly. I love this manga and would likely die a little inside if I had to wait for each volume's release alone. ❤️

Dex-chan lover
You're confusing Non-chan / "Nonbara" girl from ch.1, pg.1 for the female cousin, Miori (who first appears in ch.8, pg.5) wrong

Miori wasn't the problem
Gotcha! Appreciate that breakdown Plain3r, cheers and have a great week

Fed-Kun's army
Unfortunately, as much as this manga is a duet of perspectives, Marin and Gojo are within two different mangas. Marin is in a shoujo (possibly josei) romance themed manga and Gojo is in a shounen/seinen professional development (I will be the best/accomplish my dreams) themed manga. The characters interact and react to each other appropriately based on these genres. For Marin the romance is main plot line, while for Gojo the work is. Their secondary plot lines are their opposites major plot lines. While this is great for balance purposes it does cause conflict at times.

Your whole post explained things super well but I really, really liked this insight. They're absolutely approaching things from totally different perspectives, as if they were in totally different genres. That's what makes it interesting! (And sometimes frustrating, based on how the comments are going..)

Supporter
Totally agree, except in one thing, she chose the worst option in this situation: acting like nothing happened; she was actually the kind of person who went straight to confront anyone, but with this she chose to act as it didnt happen. Fail. Before it was Gojo’s fault, now its hers.

Users who are viewing this thread