My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - A Longing Heart

Really enjoying this tbh. Between the split opinions and that the plot is somewhat unpredictable, it's pretty interesting. Thank you for the translations!

Yuzuki mentions Fuuko has changed. From what to what though? From someone that was in love with her to someone that loves Yuni. Difficult to say how exactly Fuuko thought she saw Yuni in first 20 chapters, but this should establish that she really does view Yuni romantically. She's aware what she does is bad, but now she's aware of why she's been doing it. To steal the one she loves from someone she thinks doesn't appreciate her.

I don't think Yuni has changed from the start and tbh why should she? What she wanted wasn't to be gf with Natsume per se, but to be gf with someone who accepts her and views her as #1; at least, that's how it is now. She attaches too much meaning to the word 'girlfriend'. It's no surprise that someone who pursues her so passionately and openly will affect her more than someone who places her as important as various other things / hiding relationship. In a way, nothing wrong with Yuni. Just wrong to stay with someone you probably don't love anymore.

Natsume probably is 80% victim in this. The rest is neglect towards Yuni and perhaps not thinking things through. But, there's still a few 'whys' not explained for her yet. Just why and how much does she like Yuni? What does she think a 'girlfriend' is? Communication is cliche, but it can be a fun cliche when her and Yuni just aren't meeting in the middle or have different expectations. It's not even that there's misunderstandings now, just that they aren't really suited to each other.

No matter what, a 'bad end' scenario for all involved and no one's in the right. I predict Fuuko openly pursues Yuni, Yuni continues to waver, Natsume tries to hold on potentially leaving club to show commitment. As long as Natsume insists on hiding affection, Fuuko has clear victory.

Dex-chan lover
Now that she finally spend time with her, Yuni realized that Nanase isn't what she thought she was. Good... But why didn't you just dump her ass before running to Fuuko? You had one mission, Yuni! ONE!!!! And you fucked it up 🙄

Dex-chan lover
Don't forget people, as the author said previously, he/she is trying to put in the cheating as much as possible but their editor is reigning them in. So this is an NTR story through and though. I expect absolutely no redemption for Fuuka and Yuni or break up with Nanase and she will continue to suffer till the very end. Expect more cheating and vile behaviour going forward since it looks like Mangaka got the "go ahead" from the editor after this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Yuni is wrong here. I just think she should end things with Nanase. She is not getting the love and attention she wants from that relationship. Fuuko seemed to be a better match for her.
I mean the fact that she won’t end things with Nanase puts her in the wrong.

For as much as she complains she’s being neglected by her girlfriend, Yuni doesn’t seem eager to call it quits.

Rightly or wrongly, she had a chance for a very permanent break with Nanase when she was caught cheating, even called Nanase stupid as Fuuko was wrist deep in her (yes exaggerating). Fucked up, but Yuni could have just called it quits then and be free to pursue Fuuko openly. In the end though, she didn’t.

The ‘why’ could be a lot of things, all of them interesting, but I think the author just likes to stir shit so Yuni will always be for the streets.

Wouldn’t it be a funny and cruel twist If Fuuka goes “well looks like I’ve changed as a person, and you threw me aside like my ‘big sis’ did but I no longer hold any resentment towards neither of you. So yeah bye Yuni, I won’t cheat with you ever again”

BUT WAIT double plot twist
“Unless you break up with her, and date me officially”

Ohohoho (I’m delusional I know)
Unironically this would be good but the author wont cuz ntr entertaining

Dex-chan lover
I don't think Yuni is wrong here. I just think she should end things with Nanase. She is not getting the love and attention she wants from that relationship. Fuuko seemed to be a better match for her.
Yuni is a coward. She wants to have her cake and eat it too. Things will only end badly for her since Nanase already has a pretty decent back up lol. I would dread if my back up was Fuuka.

Really enjoying this tbh. Between the split opinions and that the plot is somewhat unpredictable, it's pretty interesting. Thank you for the translations!

Yuzuki mentions Fuuko has changed. From what to what though? From someone that was in love with her to someone that loves Yuni. Difficult to say how exactly Fuuko thought she saw Yuni in first 20 chapters, but this should establish that she really does view Yuni romantically. She's aware what she does is bad, but now she's aware of why she's been doing it. To steal the one she loves from someone she thinks doesn't appreciate her.

I don't think Yuni has changed from the start and tbh why should she? What she wanted wasn't to be gf with Natsume per se, but to be gf with someone who accepts her and views her as #1; at least, that's how it is now. She attaches too much meaning to the word 'girlfriend'. It's no surprise that someone who pursues her so passionately and openly will affect her more than someone who places her as important as various other things / hiding relationship. In a way, nothing wrong with Yuni. Just wrong to stay with someone you probably don't love anymore.

Natsume probably is 80% victim in this. The rest is neglect towards Yuni and perhaps not thinking things through. But, there's still a few 'whys' not explained for her yet. Just why and how much does she like Yuni? What does she think a 'girlfriend' is? Communication is cliche, but it can be a fun cliche when her and Yuni just aren't meeting in the middle or have different expectations. It's not even that there's misunderstandings now, just that they aren't really suited to each other.

No matter what, a 'bad end' scenario for all involved and no one's in the right. I predict Fuuko openly pursues Yuni, Yuni continues to waver, Natsume tries to hold on potentially leaving club to show commitment. As long as Natsume insists on hiding affection, Fuuko has clear victory.
but what if fuuko has changed in a drastic way were she wants yuni but only if she is single?

Dex-chan lover
Don't forget people, as the author said previously, he/she is trying to put in the cheating as much as possible but their editor is reigning them in. So this is an NTR story through and though. I expect absolutely no redemption for Fuuka and Yuni or break up with Nanase and she will continue to suffer till the very end. Expect more cheating and vile behaviour going forward since it looks like Mangaka got the "go ahead" from the editor after this chapter.
Not like her and Nanase was ever together for real. Nanase proved every chance she Got that the club (and especially her club member bff) is way more important to her🤷🏼‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I'm tired of the "who is worse" battle

I feel like Fuuko went to Yuni because she needs someone to vent to and doesn't have anyone else

As for Yuni, seems like she's going so she can confirm some of things she's being thinking about the past few chapters. I don't think she trusts Nanase to hold an actual conversation outside of her own interests

Aggregator gang
I wonder where this is going to go? Yuni seems tired of Nanase. Now that they've been spending time together she's realizing how different they are and actually misses Fuuko. Obviously Yuni doesn't want to be single so the only way she'd leave Nanase is if she's sure Fuuko will take her.

But will Fuuko actually want to be Yuni's number one? Seems like her self-esteem is pretty much non-existent but that stuff with the baby, is she actually going to try to be a good role model? What would that entail for Fuuko? Doing what her jack@$$ family wants? Not letting herself be the other woman? Trying heterosexuality? Or to keep the cheating going, will Fuuko's condition be to have Yuni keep Nanase and avoid being committed to Yuni? My mind is riddled with possibilities.

Seriously, these two just need to date and live together in Yuni's house because Yuni's mom won't give two sh!ts since her daughter can't get pregnant so they can give each other all the love and attention they've been deprived of.

That said, I will be really sad if no cheating happens in the next chapter... But I think I'll be sadder if it's bye bye sex for Yuni and Fuuko......

Dex-chan lover
Everyone keeps singling out a character to hate for this series. However, I have developed a method to enjoy this series no matter what: Hate everyone, this way as long as just one character is suffering you can maximize your enjoyment value, and you won’t care about the characters who aren’t suffering since you hate them, so why pay attention?

With this new revolutionary method of reading train wreck dramas, you too can start enjoying more for less.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Double-page supporter
They are all wrong (the three of them, nanase, fuuko, and yuni), but it's totally obvious that the yuni and nanase thing isn't going to work. Yuni is looking for love and understanding, but with Nanase she will never find it.
Fuuko is the perfect girl for Yuni, she gave her everything that Nanase couldn't give her. The maximum advance that the incoherent woman made was telling her friend about the relationship they have.

And that is the only possible ending in which everyone is happy. Yuni and Fuuko together, without cheating (Yuni would no longer have reasons to cheat, she having what she wanted), and Nanase will be with her most precious love: the volleyball club.

Users who are viewing this thread