Boy's Abyss - Ch. 170 - Confession

Dex-chan lover
Wtf I had a feeling he had the same vibe as Kurose mom when they showed the mom or grandpa with their arms around this and then kurose in the mom arms when he had his arm around Nagi but wtf was that confession

I feel like the uncle held feeling for the mom or dad

Last edited:
I don't get it-- did she summon the tsunami to kill them?
You know that sounds like the kind of theming this series would do. Yuko is the town, Nagi is the storm that destroys towns. Throw in Ms. Shibasawa, the "Goddess of Salvation", and we're all set for the final showdown.

Double-page supporter
you all shitting on him, what did he do wrong? I can understand why he's like that. he's a young adult who's still in mourning...
so true, honestly this route is so much better than just mao-kun being straight up plain abusive/pedo. not saying that trauma justifies any of that, but it's nice seeing where the darkness comes from in narratives like these.

Dex-chan lover
so true, honestly this route is so much better than just mao-kun being straight up plain abusive/pedo. not saying that trauma justifies any of that, but it's nice seeing where the darkness comes from in narratives like these.
exactly, considering the series I was expecting him to be groomer, This is much better, but also we can't say for sure he isn't gonna turn abusive next chap.

Dex-chan lover
The fuck is the uncle's problem? Shut the fuck up you fucking cunt, Jesus Christ

Dex-chan lover
you all shitting on him, what did he do wrong? I can understand why he's like that. he's a young adult who's still in mourning...
I don't know, blaming a goddamn middle school girl that she is responsible for her parent's death? Don't play the mourning card here, "oh boo hoo look how he is so sad, he is not irrational", damn didn't know Nagi didn't feel a single fucking thing and is supposed to just become an emotional trashcan so that this dude can dump all his sadness into her. The tsunami killed approx nearly 16000 people, he is not the only one that lost someone

Dex-chan lover
I'd wait for the flashback to be over first before celebrating, author can still turn this dude into a pedo next chap just for trauma points.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry but fucking lmao. That came out of nowhere. The melodrama is a bit too on the nose even for this manga.
1. It's clear Mao is a piece of shit and fucked up.

2. It's clear Nagi's parents deaths brought the worst out in him because he's clearly grieving.

3. People grieving often tend to blame an uncontrollable situation onto something within someone's control as a way to cope.

This is a more fairly common thing that happens, grief fucks people up... especially ones that are already fucked up. Saying such a horrible and untrue thing to a child also greiving is monstrous, but not that uncommon.

It's also possible this was a manipulation tactic to get Nagi under his control.

Dex-chan lover
"What the fucking Fuck was that!!!! That's a Fucking child you fucking fuckface you are there to fucking nourish and care for her not fucking Fuck her mind up with Your fucking Fuck shit, your fucking ba*trad!!!!!"

That was the first thing that came in my mind

But after thinking for a bit I think -I may be wrong and I wish I am- maybe... MAYBE...Maybe....

After seeing her bag her parents got worried and they got out to search for her and was dead for that or else they would have been safe .....

But then also you shouldn't trauma dumb on an already suffering CHILD. SHE IS ALREADY SUFFERING.
I don't think them staying at the house would be any safer. I mean, them actually going out to find her would drastically increase their chance of survival, at least they can spot the tsunami earlier and run to higher area instead of sitting inside the house not knowing a thing

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, and it's not quite clear to me why he thinks that; I assume we'll find out next chapter. I mean he is wrong to suggest she is responsible for their deaths and he's doing something evil to her, but he's really a kid himself who has just gone through something incredibly traumatic - not everyone can behave well under such pressure.

Dex-chan lover
sigh... that feels so very cheap...
Would have been better if she had found out and came to that conclusion by herself.
But the fact that an adult who is also her only family member alive tells her that like a moron just to have an excuse for cheap DRAMA and that be the reason she's like that is dumb and lazy just to try to make it more "shocking".
Maybe but it's not uncommon.

People when grieving often pin a blameless death onto someone as a way to cope and to feel like it could have been avoided/controlled.
It's a way to cope, but that doesn't make it okay.

What he said was disgusting regardless of the reason, especially towards a grieving child.

It's clear he has serious issues already, so who knows why he said it, it could be grief or manipulation.

Now we know why Chino (Nagi) was apologizing, her uncle made her believe that everything happend because of her. It's interesting that she still believes that, even if her uncle is no longer around for whatever reason. That makes me think that she never noticed how he manipulated her, and they either went thier own ways on more or less "good" terms or he suddenly died too. It also indicates that her uncle is the one who did all these horrible things to her.

Ohhhh god I feel that Nagi back story gonna be fucking terryfing, he sold her to gravure underage idol companies which is already fucked up but I think there's gonna be much more like SA or something like that. Bad things are bound to happend now. My poor Nagi :(

Dex-chan lover
He'll say her parents stayed at the house/went out looking for her instead of getting to safety because she didnt tell them where she was
I bet, but if there wasn't a tsunami, they wouldn't have been killed by a tsunami while looking for her.

Dex-chan lover
sigh... that feels so very cheap...
Would have been better if she had found out and came to that conclusion by herself.
But the fact that an adult who is also her only family member alive tells her that like a moron just to have an excuse for cheap DRAMA and that be the reason she's like that is dumb and lazy just to try to make it more "shocking".
I read the situation as him gaslighting Nagi to be alone so they can be miserable together. There's hardly any reason to actually blame a child in that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread