Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Ch. 59.1 - The Arrival of the Saint (1)

Supporter
Souma should know what religious states did in earth’s history. So whatever benefits it might bring in the short term, it will be a total disaster long term, better cut them off with a “we are a laic state and all have freedom of faith, you are free to stay and spread your faith”.

Dex-chan lover
Souma should know what religious states did in earth’s history. So whatever benefits it might bring in the short term, it will be a total disaster long term, better cut them off with a “we are a laic state and all have freedom of faith, you are free to stay and spread your faith”.
And let the population become zealots themselves that will result in an extremist revolution, causing the state to convert to a theocratic extremist state hostile to any nation not of the same religion? Because i can think of a Couple countries that are technically like that.

Freedom of religion doesn’t work if you let people proselytize aggressively. That deprives others of THEIR rights to have a different religion, especially if the proselytizing religion insists that their one god is the true god and all other gods are heretical poser demons or very critically bad misinterpretations of the big cheese.

Dex-chan lover
the ottoman empire 🇹🇷🇹🇷🇹🇷 blessed be jannisarries and coexistence of eastern orthodox muslim jewish cultures we love multicultural states based on a state religion with tolerance for others

souma will now wear a turban and become souma the magnificent and forever rule over anatolia and unite the dragon mommy and the moon people to kill subhumans

Dex-chan lover
things are going well
Religious people: Yeah, our God did that without you asking or telling you himself and you should be grateful.
infants die of horrifyingly painful bone cancer
Religious people: You should start worshipping God so he'll stop punishing you.

Dex-chan lover
Maria Euphoria is the only "saint" the country needs. Besides, it would be stupid to accept the indoctrination of your people. Why not let them perform prima nocta while you're at it? It's ignorant to even humor them, kick that shit to the curb.

Dex-chan lover
Religion, at best, is just another tool the ruling class uses in order to keep the general populace under control. Unfortunately, there are still plenty of suckers who buy this kind of nonsense. Religions always claim to have good intentions. However, as the old saying goes: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Dex-chan lover
At the end of the day. People have an inherent desire to believe in something bigger than oneself, especially in times of hardship. The best he can do is try to steer the religious fervor of the masses to benefit his kingdom. Something that is improbable, but hey. This guy has a knack for such accomplishments.

Dex-chan lover
my 100% correct record of calling every fantasy/isekai religious organization corrupt will continue, this religion i guarantee is corrupt and i have 0 evidence

Dex-chan lover
my 100% correct record of calling every fantasy/isekai religious organization corrupt will continue, this religion i guarantee is corrupt and i have 0 evidence

One counter point.
The religion in Ascendance of Bookworm.

The practice have verifiable result (better crop yield) and the gods do exist (some even make appearance)

It's ironically the people who weren't religious and tried to NOT follow the og doctrine that became the source of the slow decline.

Users who are viewing this thread