Shiboritoranaide, Onna Shounin-san - Vol. 9 Ch. 48.2 - Daniela’s Quest Part 2

Dex-chan lover
Lavi, you magnificent bastard, what took you so long . God, I’ve been waiting for this ass kicking fight for so long and I hope it’s the most silly and outrageous fight in the book.

See, Connie has been unhinged not only because of the traumatic situation involving her mother and her father, but also because of her powerful skill. All of them have never been weak, they’ve always been strong and they always relied upon their unique skill. And if he needs other people’s help, fuck yeah, because that’s what a team does. A team mate is going to cover for your weaknesses as you’ll covers their and thus bring out your great feats of strength.

In fact this entire world everyone relies too heavily on their powerful skill. Thus they have never bear witness the zero to hero moment. They don’t understand that you can grow to be strong. That losing the super power lotto is not the end of the world for a person.

Now I don’t care if he gains a skill or whatever after losing that accursed bangle. What I want to see in the next few chapters is bizarre and seemingly useless items being used in creative and unpredictable ways due to Lavi and I want to see the master strategy he comes up to defeat Connie .

Once Connie is defeated, Anubis will also fall .

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
That full page really makes me want a hug from Philo Chan. She looks like she gives good hugs.

Dex-chan lover
I just realize that this was the first time Philo provided actual quality merchandise, rather than "skeevy at best" :p

Dex-chan lover
Why is this wet noodle putting the bangles on again, and fighting his sister to take them off?! :wtf:
He still had them on, you can see it in the sleeves of the... maid outfit?
fuck, Connie is weird, even by this series' standards

What a forced way to "show" MC's strength.
By defeating his sister in an absolutely unfair fight.
The sis can't injure the bro because the injuries will get transferred to her.
And she won't drop the protection because she loves her brother too much.
:facepalm:
I really don't like this manga since the author suddenly make the big sis evil.

Edit: For people who marked this comment Dumb, please explain why. Is it because I have different taste (I said "I don't like")?
The big sis has been “evil” and creepy since he start of the manga (or her first appearance, I think, I haven’t read in a week and I have goldfish memory) I’m pretty sure Author-San always was gonna make her the big bad for lavi, maybe not at the start but defo at some stage they decided so.

Dex-chan lover
The big sis has been “evil” and creepy since he start of the manga (or her first appearance, I think, I haven’t read in a week and I have goldfish memory) I’m pretty sure Author-San always was gonna make her the big bad for lavi, maybe not at the start but defo at some stage they decided so.
There were multiple evil people throughout the story and the author treated them all in light manner except for the mom's controller. The yandere big sis was also the same, until the author gave her the especially evil role (the one who nerfed MC all this time) just because the author needed a reason to boost MC's stats later. Even though he could have used other methods.

What's worse is that the author focused only on the bad part (the stats suppression) and ignored the good part (that she guaranteed MC's survival by constantly risking her life taking MC's injuries all this time, and just actually saved his life). Remember what MC did after he survived that lethal injury at floor 30? MC, spoiled by the big sis taking his injuries all this time, didn't show ANY gratitude and only showed anger towards the big sis.

That's why I don't like that part. That's just my personal opinion though.

Btw, MC's logic for why he blamed the big sis was WEIRD. "I am weak (despite lower-levelled MC being able to exhibit such an amazing athleticism at Erotic Bridge that all high-levelled adventurers there praised him). And yet recently my adventures went really well. Which made me wonder why. Maybe it's because I'm being helped by Philo and others buffed nerfed. But by what/who? I knew what it was when I was stopped from going into lower floor by chains (which was a really stupid move because none of adventurers there was strong enough; MC was basically just 1-hit killed; it's because he was spoiled by the big sis taking his injuries all this time). Chains = shackles = this chain must be what that shackled my stats! I know that the chain did more than just preventing me from going deeper. It also nerfed me! How do I know? It's a chain, a shackles; what more reason do you need? I'm sure of this. Imma go confront her now!"

The effect name is "Unlimited Resurrection," the item name is "Revival Bangles," the method is "Damage Transfer." Doesn't necessarily mean that it would only activate upon fatal injuries though.
If the effect activated with just any injury, it would have stated the effect was "Unlimited Healing" & they would have called it a "Regen Bangle" or "Healing Bangle".
The only confirmed activation was a fatal injury.
Connie even states "If the wearer receives a fatal wound, they can be revived" not "If the wearer is injured, even if it's a fatal wound, they will be healed"

Everything points to the effect triggering on death

It the plot detail added after the author gave the villain role on the big sis. I never said I have any problem with that part. I just said that I don't like the author giving that villain role to the big sis. My personal taste, you see.
What was the new plot point that only came up after Connie was revealed to be sabotaging Lavi?
1. Lavi being a weak little piss baby is part of the core premise of the manga
2. Lavi being uncomfortable with his sister's behavior was established with her intro
3. Connie being inhumanly strong was established not long afterwards
4. Connie having Regen was established over 20 chapters ago (over 50 if you're counting the half chapters)
5. Connie has been threatening Lang every time she catches him helping Lavi since chapter 14
6. There have been SEVERAL instances were it's implied or even outright stated that Lavi having the bangles is a bad thing
7. Connie is shown to be well aware of the consequence of the bangles every time they're brought up
8. Lang pointed out that floor 30 would be a point of no return if Connie refused to take the bangles off Lavi a while ago

I get that she's your waifu, but don't pretend that this conflict hasn't been building up this entire manga

Still, author made the big sis especially evil solely because of the stats suppression part. It's because I love her character aside from the sudden villain exposition in chapter 46.1 that I said I don't like this manga since the author made her evil.
Stat Suppression was just the last straw on an already exhausted camel. The fact that it was placed on Lavi is a surprise, but the fact that Connie was the one responsible wasn't. Once again, she didn't "suddenly become a villain". This confrontation has been in the works for most of the manga's run

Dex-chan lover
If the effect activated with just any injury, it would have stated the effect was "Unlimited Healing" & they would have called it a "Regen Bangle" or "Healing Bangle".
The only confirmed activation was a fatal injury.
Connie even states "If the wearer receives a fatal wound, they can be revived" not "If the wearer is injured, even if it's a fatal wound, they will be healed"

Everything points to the effect triggering on death
It's Damage Transfer, not Death Transfer. If the effect was actually triggered on death, then the big sis would instantly die. Instant death = no chance for regen. She said "If the wearer receives a fatal wound, they can be revived again and again." If it will activate only on death, then she would say, "If the wearer die, they will get revived." And the one who call it Revival Bangles and Unlimited Resurrections was MC. The big sis never actually confirmed that because it's most likely not true. You know that the bangles' effect wasn't something as amazing as Unlimited Resurrections; it was actually just Damage Transfer. But she never mentioned that price (Damage Transfer) to MC, so MC only thought that the bangles only has two price: Floor Restriction and Stat Suppression.

What was the new plot point that only came up after Connie was revealed to be sabotaging Lavi?
1. Lavi being a weak little piss baby is part of the core premise of the manga --> weak, doesn't mean that he was being nerfed all this time
2. Lavi being uncomfortable with his sister's behavior was established with her intro --> common reaction with yandere sister
3. Connie being inhumanly strong was established not long afterwards --> what's the connection with her sabotaging Lavi?
4. Connie having Regen was established over 20 chapters ago (over 50 if you're counting the half chapters) --> again, what's the connection with her sabotaging Lavi?
5. Connie has been threatening Lang every time she catches him helping Lavi since chapter 14 --> common yandere characters' jealousy
6. There have been SEVERAL instances were it's implied or even outright stated that Lavi having the bangles is a bad thing --> this I honestly don't remember, but did they ever mentioned what bad thing it was?
7. Connie is shown to be well aware of the consequence of the bangles every time they're brought up --> but was what/which consequence(s) was ever mentioned? Because it can allude to Floor Restriction and/or Damage Transfer otherwise.
8. Lang pointed out that floor 30 would be a point of no return if Connie refused to take the bangles off Lavi a while ago --> for the Floor Suppression part, not Stat Suppression

I get that she's your waifu, but don't pretend that this conflict hasn't been building up this entire manga
I never said that the big sis was innocent or a saint. Far from it, I remember that she's a yandere brocon, quite delusional, and really possessive. Even though I don't remember few of the details that you listed, aside from point 6 and 7 none of them necessarily mean that she was so evil as to give Stat Suppression on Lavi. And the author treated her "evilness" in joking and light manner before, similar to every other bad characters aside from the mom's controller. No, I was talking about the author suddenly treating the big sis really as a villain much more seriously by adding the Stat Suppression plot and giving the villain role to the big sis. That's the part that I don't like.

Stat Suppression was just the last straw on an already exhausted camel.
The big sis wasn't that evil more than the others. I can argue that what the lewd girl did during the Erotic Bridge arc was actually more evil because she almost doomed everyone by lewding everyone even though it was such a serious situation. Imagine if MC didn't suddenly exhibit inexplicably amazing athleticism and the bad guy who injured MC came checking. Lots (if not all of them aside from MC) could have died. But the author treated that accident as a joke. So for me the Stat Suppression wasn't the last straw; it was the main straw.

The fact that it was placed on Lavi is a surprise, but the fact that Connie was the one responsible wasn't.
I do think that Lavi's stats being so ridiculously low was really unexpected. Remember how all the high-levelled adventurers during the Erotic Bridge arc praised MC's amazing athleticism. Which means that MC's physical prowess was definitely not as weak as what was shown in his status card. That plot hole was actually one of the main reasons why I don't like that the author used Stat Suppression as the plot device to boost MC's stats later. Rather than a nerf, it would make much more sense if the author used a buff instead. The other main reason? MC's weird logic and him being absolutely ungrateful even though he was just literally saved from death by those bangles. MC was totally confrontational towards the big sis since before he asked anything and even after he knew that those bangles saved his life. MC was so sure and ready to blame the big sis before he even knew about the Stat Suppression. Why weird logic? Because he started to suspect that he was being nerfed after his adventures went very well in the last few months. Not because he stayed weak or become weaker. Shouldn't he thought that he got buffed instead, or that it's because of Philo's and others' help, or that maybe there's something wrong with his status card?

To clarify, I don't like the plot holes and the forced logic that was used for the Stat Suppression plot. It won't change even if the one who got the villain role was not the big sis.

Last edited:
Lang
And the one who call it Revival Bangles and Unlimited Resurrections was MC. The big sis never actually confirmed that because it's most likely not true. You know that the bangles' effect wasn't something as amazing as Unlimited Resurrections; it was actually just Damage Transfer.
Lang (the person who made the bangles) said the effect is Unlimited Resurrection in chapter 45.2
Also, thanks for making me look back through the manga. Lavi gets is injured in chaper 7 & the damage didn't automatically heal. Connie didn't take the damage & used a healing spell/item on him

Even though I don't remember few of the details that you listed, aside from point 6 and 7 none of them necessarily mean that she was so evil as to give Stat Suppression on Lavi.
Points 5, 6, 7, & 8 are all foreshadowing for the confrontation between Lavi & Connie. There was nothing "sudden" about her becoming an antagonist.
5. Connie didn't threaten Lang because she was jealous, but because she doesn't want Lavi to progress through the dungeon
6. You don't seem to understand how foreshadowing & set up work.
7. Repeat 6.
8. Floor 30 was stated as a point of no return, but the reason wasn't stated. "Something" would happen on floor 30 & it did

The big sis wasn't that evil more than the others. I can argue that what the lewd girl did during the Erotic Bridge arc was actually more evil
You are the one that keeps throwing around the word "evil". Connie is creepy & selfish and she isn't the only one. Daniella made a nuisance of herself & was dealt with.

So for me the Stat Suppression wasn't the last straw; it was the main straw.
You're ignoring literally every conversation between Lang & Connie about the bangles

Remember how all the high-levelled adventurers during the Erotic Bridge arc praised MC's amazing athleticism.
What athleticism? Lavi throw the teleport bracelet halfway across the gab, then turned into a giant & sat on Daniella. They praised him for getting them out of that situation

Which means that MC's physical prowess was definitely not as weak as what was shown in his status card. That plot hole was actually one of the main reasons why I don't like that the author used Stat Suppression as the plot device to boost MC's stats later.
Lavi has horrible aim, is easily restrained, doesn't seem to be able to hit very hard, & likely died to Anubis' attack because he wasn't fast or strong enough to dodge or withstand it. Once again, Lavi being a limp noodle has been a core part of this manga's premise. Chances are that removing Stat Suppression will just put him up to "average", if he gets them back at all & will still have to rely on items to fight Anubis & Skill Taker

The other main reason? MC's weird logic and him being absolutely ungrateful even though he was just literally saved from death by those bangles. MC was totally confrontational towards the big sis since before he asked anything and even after he knew that those bangles saved his life. MC was so sure and ready to blame the big sis before he even knew about the Stat Suppression. Why weird logic? Because he started to suspect that he was being nerfed after his adventures went very well in the last few months. Not because he stayed weak or become weaker. Shouldn't he thought that he got buffed instead, or that it's because of Philo's and others' help, or that maybe there's something wrong with his status card?
Lavi has been aware that his stats were abnormally low as far back as chapter 4. Despite the fact that he was gaining levels & he was making progress through the dungeon, his stats weren't really growing. He thought something might be up, but he had no evidence one way or the other. Then, the bangles his sister gave him physically prevented him from going deeper into the dungeon. That's when he had the thought that the bangles might have more strings attached to them & confronted Connie about it. Then she confirmed his suspicions & made sure to crush his resolve by point out that the bangles worked as intended

To clarify, I don't like the plot holes and the forced logic that was used for the Stat Suppression plot. It won't change even if the one who got the villain role was not the big sis.
There are no plot holes. You have poor reading comprehension. You're ignoring and/or forgetting established events & are just making things up

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Lang

Lang (the person who made the bangles) said the effect is Unlimited Resurrection in chapter 45.2
Oh, you were right! Though I wonder why he mentioned Damage Transfer and Floor Restriction and yet he didn't say anything about the Stat Suppression.

Lavi gets is injured in chaper 7 & the damage didn't automatically heal. Connie didn't take the damage & used a healing spell/item on him
I didn't remember that. Made me read through the manga again. Though with the way Connie healed him, she could have faked that to cover the Damage Transfer. But that's too nitpicky. So I searched when Lavi got injured again, and oh boy, what luck he has (his Luck stat is abyssmal, but you know what I'm talking about). Not a scratch until he finally got head injury in chapter 30.2 (you can still see the blood until the end of the chapter, and he's obviously not dead because he could still move). And yet in chapter 31.1 they're all suddenly gone! Obviously the effect of Damage Transfer. There's no other proof unfortunately, because Lavi continued his no damage run until Anubis one-hit him at floor 30.

You are the one that keeps throwing around the word "evil". Connie is creepy & selfish and she isn't the only one. Daniella made a nuisance of herself & was dealt with.
Because that's what it was. Connie was treated especially evil. Compare it to Daniella: her crime was treated like a joke and the manga has light vibe throughout, with everybody forgiving her at the end.

What athleticism? Lavi throw the teleport bracelet halfway across the gab, then turned into a giant & sat on Daniella. They praised him for getting them out of that situation

Lavi has horrible aim, is easily restrained, doesn't seem to be able to hit very hard, & likely died to Anubis' attack because he wasn't fast or strong enough to dodge or withstand it. Once again, Lavi being a limp noodle has been a core part of this manga's premise. Chances are that removing Stat Suppression will just put him up to "average", if he gets them back at all & will still have to rely on items to fight Anubis & Skill Taker
Lavi tried crossing the room by consecutive teleporting very high above the others, and he could keep his balance throughout the ordeal. His aim wouldn't really matter because he can simply keep teleporting towards the general direction. And his reaction speed at using items were fast. All those are definitely not that special, but for me it's a feat beyond his ridiculously low stats. But I guess that's not clear proof. The bigger proof of Lavi's strength beyond his stats was actually shown by being able to go as deep into the dungeon as the top adventurers. Only Philo's items wouldn't be enough, moreso because Philo herself was often became a hindrance instead. Finally, in chapter 37.2 it was shown that Lavi already had that low stats of his since the beginning. Obviously, there's no bangle on sight yet.

Lavi has been aware that his stats were abnormally low as far back as chapter 4. Despite the fact that he was gaining levels & he was making progress through the dungeon, his stats weren't really growing. He thought something might be up, but he had no evidence one way or the other. Then, the bangles his sister gave him physically prevented him from going deeper into the dungeon. That's when he had the thought that the bangles might have more strings attached to them & confronted Connie about it. Then she confirmed his suspicions & made sure to crush his resolve by point out that the bangles worked as intended
Like I said in my previous comment, his flow of logic will only make sense IF his progress through the dungeon was as bad as before or became worse. Read again how he explained his logic in chapter 46.1.

He opened with, "Look at my current stats. It goes without saying that these stats are lower than what they should normally be for my level. And obviously, my unique skill has not manifested. I'm talentless. That thought weighed on my mind for so long. And still, I gave it my all and pushed on." That's a logical take upon his abnormally weak stats, and I admire how he persevered still all these years. I like this part. Reminds me of Naruto's Rock Lee.

He continued with, "Despite all that... I had an eerie feeling I couldn't shake off... Over the past few months, my adventures have been going very well. So I began to think that there might be an external cause." I absolutely agree with this, there must be something different happening during the past few months. The reason why his adventures went very well despite his stats still being low. For me it's mostly because of Philo's and others' help, but maybe he got a buff somewhere? Or though unlikely, maybe his actual stats were hidden somehow and that they were actually not that low?

And yet he concluded with, "Thoughts like... What if I'm wearing shackles?" Wtf? His adventures went unexpectedly well lately so he started thinking that he's being nerfed? What kinda logic was that?

Oh hey, I just thought of a plot twist.

The third price was actually NOT Stat Suppression. Not only that his stats were already low from the beginning (Faust diagnosed him unfit to become an adventurer in chapter 37.2) but because he showed physical prowess beyond his stats just by being able to go so deep into the dungeon. Connie saying that the third price is the Stat Suppression was just to hide the real price by agreeing to Lavi's weird logic.

In chapter 35.2 you can see from Lang's and Connie's conversation that one of the price will become permanent once Lavi go past floor 30. Floor Restriction or Stat Suppression becoming permanent is highly unlikely simply because it will cripple the story. Damage Transfer becoming permanent is not a real problem for Connie because of her regen and because she can continue protecting her brother with that. So what price could it be?

There are two possibilities that I can immediately think of:
1. Connie loses her ability to heal. Connie was a known expert healer. In chapter 37.1 she used EX Heal to heal their mom's broken hand without using any equipment, and yet in chapter 7.1 she used a huge ass staff to heal Lavi's small cut wound.
2. Something that negatively impact the relationship between Lavi and Connie. Look at how different Lavi was before and after Floor Restriction happened. Lavi is a normally peaceful and thoughtful boy, and yet he suddenly confronted Connie with so much fervor and anger and without sound logic.

Last edited:
Oh, you were right! Though I wonder why he mentioned Damage Transfer and Floor Restriction and yet he didn't say anything about the Stat Suppression.
Because in that moment, Stat Suppression hadn't been applied yet. He said that it would need a third cost, then it showed that Connie had an idea. She didn't originally plan on the extra cost, but saw it as an opportunity.

Not a scratch until he finally got head injury in chapter 30.2 (you can still see the blood until the end of the chapter, and he's obviously not dead because he could still move). And yet in chapter 31.1 they're all suddenly gone! Obviously the effect of Damage Transfer. There's no other proof unfortunately, because Lavi continued his no damage run until Anubis one-hit him at floor 30.
Or it can be a production error & the artist forgot to draw the blood at the start of the next chapter.

Because that's what it was. Connie was treated especially evil. Compare it to Daniella: her crime was treated like a joke and the manga has light vibe throughout, with everybody forgiving her at the end.
Lavi trusted Connie, only to find that she never intended to let him find their mother
Daniella made a nuisance of herself in a way that matched her usual behavior. She also disarmed the actual dangerous trial & made it into a waste of everyone's time
These are very different situations that carry very different weights. Also, Lavi will likely forgive her either immediately after she recognizes his strength or later when she swoops in to fight alongside him against Anubis or Skill Taker

Lavi tried crossing the room by consecutive teleporting very high above the others, and he could keep his balance throughout the ordeal.
He teleported ONCE, got grabbed by tentacles, then turn into a giant & sat on Daniella. Unless you're referring to chapters not related to any of the trials.

Finally, in chapter 37.2 it was shown that Lavi already had that low stats of his since the beginning. Obviously, there's no bangle on sight yet.
You got me there. It also doesn't help that we don't know how much stat growth can vary under normal circumstances

Like I said in my previous comment, his flow of logic will only make sense IF his progress through the dungeon was as bad as before or became worse. Read again how he explained his logic in chapter 46.1.

He opened with, "Look at my current stats. It goes without saying that these stats are lower than what they should normally be for my level. And obviously, my unique skill has not manifested. I'm talentless. That thought weighed on my mind for so long. And still, I gave it my all and pushed on." That's a logical take upon his abnormally weak stats, and I admire how he persevered still all these years. I like this part. Reminds me of Naruto's Rock Lee.
He acknowledges that his stats are low & doesn't have a unique skill

He continued with, "Despite all that... I had an eerie feeling I couldn't shake off... Over the past few months, my adventures have been going very well. So I began to think that there might be an external cause." I absolutely agree with this, there must be something different happening during the past few months. The reason why his adventures went very well despite his stats still being low. For me it's mostly because of Philo's and others' help, but maybe he got a buff somewhere? Or though unlikely, maybe his actual stats were hidden somehow and that they were actually not that low?
When he doesn't have to rely on raw stats, he does really well. Maybe the problem isn't him, but something else?

And yet he concluded with, "Thoughts like... What if I'm wearing shackles?" Wtf? His adventures went unexpectedly well lately so he started thinking that he's being nerfed? What kinda logic was that?
What if something was keeping his stats low?

His logic is as follows:
He was always a runt, so he never really questioned why he wasn't making progress.
After meeting Philo & gaining access to her bag of tricks, he started making progress.
Why, despite having so many connections to high ranking adventurers, is he only now making progress with the help of a rando?
Learning that the bangles, given to him by his sister, wouldn't let him past floor 30 confirmed it

In chapter 35.2 you can see from Lang's and Connie's conversation that one of the price will become permanent once Lavi go past floor 30.
I honestly think that "Become permanent" is a mistranslations of a vague line. I think Lang meant something more along the lines of "You won't be able to go back to how thing were" because broken trust is hard to fix

Dex-chan lover
Because in that moment, Stat Suppression hadn't been applied yet. He said that it would need a third cost, then it showed that Connie had an idea. She didn't originally plan on the extra cost, but saw it as an opportunity.
You're talking about a different chapter, bro.

Or it can be a production error & the artist forgot to draw the blood at the start of the next chapter.
The blood was drawn multiple times, even on the dungeon floor, showing the significance of the injury. He struggled to stand at the end of the chapter because of it. And the artist forgot to draw the blood (and his injury) in the next chapter? It's more likely that the Damage Transfer happened.

Lavi trusted Connie, only to find that she never intended to let him find their mother
Daniella made a nuisance of herself in a way that matched her usual behavior. She also disarmed the actual dangerous trial & made it into a waste of everyone's time
These are very different situations that carry very different weights. Also, Lavi will likely forgive her either immediately after she recognizes his strength or later when she swoops in to fight alongside him against Anubis or Skill Taker
I already explained to you that Daniella's selfish lewding was actually very bad and would most likely get lots of people killed (aside from MC and other main characters) once Anubis come. It's just that the artist drawn the situation in joking and light manner (as they almost always did) that you thought that what she did after disarming the dangerous trial was just a waste of everyone's time. So of course these situations carried different weights: author deliberately made them so by giving Connie's case a much more serious tone than anyone else. The weight of "forgiving her afterwards" would obviously very different too. So as I said, I don't like that. The serious tone especially for Connie was too jarring for me.

He teleported ONCE, got grabbed by tentacles, then turn into a giant & sat on Daniella. Unless you're referring to chapters not related to any of the trials.
I don't thing he could reach that high and far, and then stayed airborne for that long by only teleporting ONCE. But as I said, the more clear proof is the simple fact that MC could actually reach floor 30, and he even did it in only months (other adventurers spent years and none of them reached deeper floor).

You got me there. It also doesn't help that we don't know how much stat growth can vary under normal circumstances
No matter how varied it could be, it'd clear that MC had serious handicap from the start. Just a bad starting stats wouldn't be enough; even his stat growth should be bad, or the wizard wouldn't immediately deemed him unfit to become an adventurer. Based on that, giving Stat Suppression is actually a weird penalty and wouldn't be enough as a price because MC's stats were already bad.

He acknowledges that his stats are low & doesn't have a unique skill

When he doesn't have to rely on raw stats, he does really well. Maybe the problem isn't him, but something else?

What if something was keeping his stats low?

His logic is as follows:
He was always a runt, so he never really questioned why he wasn't making progress.
After meeting Philo & gaining access to her bag of tricks, he started making progress.
Why, despite having so many connections to high ranking adventurers, is he only now making progress with the help of a rando?
Learning that the bangles, given to him by his sister, wouldn't let him past floor 30 confirmed it
It's interesting that you used the word "problem" when he had no real problem in his recent adventures. He breezed through the floors, in fact, by reaching floor 30 in only months. Compare it to all the other adventurers; none of them ever went deeper despite their far better stats, have unique skills, and spent years and even decades in dungeon. And yet, he went from "persevering despite being talentless" to "suspecting that he's being shackled." It wouldn't be a problem if that thought didn't start after he did such amazing progress. He didn't start thinking that there's something helping him beyond the low stats; why he could perform impossibly well beyond what's expected from his low stats. No. He instead started thinking that he's being shackled, and he was so sure of it he confronted the big sis angrily. He's already sure that he got his stats actually nerfed (not only the visible stats) even though his adventures went far better than most adventurers.

I honestly think that "Become permanent" is a mistranslations of a vague line. I think Lang meant something more along the lines of "You won't be able to go back to how thing were" because broken trust is hard to fix
But the translation could have been right too.

Dex-chan lover
"Lavi looks lonely. Philo can fix that!"
zdbp72X.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The average person's reading comprehension must've fallen off a cliff in the last few years cuz ain't no way I'm seeing someone argue that Connie being a bloody psychopath and becoming an antagonist is somehow a "sudden" development, like have we been reading the same manga?!

Dex-chan lover
Love scribble fox so much, want her for my stand :glee:

Also, Philo's rescue of Lavi is the series' best moment in a long time. Shows where the story emphasis should be ... but all too often hasn't been, lately.

Users who are viewing this thread