Tsuihou Sareta Tensei Juu Kishi wa Game Chishiki de Musou Suru - Vol. 9 Ch. 84

Dex-chan lover
For reference, this chapter lines up with Volume 3 Chapter 17 of the webnovel. This should help people who have trouble understanding the dialogue.

https://firebirdsnest.org/heavy-knight/v3-ch17/
Thanks. Been a while since I read it.
  • Elma doesn't shout. Though he is asking pointed questions.
  • Only Izabella speaks loudly in shock (which earns the reprimand for shouting).
  • Re investigation/execution... Execution wouldn't be for the attempt, but rather for being so sloppy in the attempt that a moderate level investigation reveals it.
The author probably should have toned down the expressions. This event is like lawyers or diplomats fencing with each other. It's conversational in tone, though the words and implications are much more dangerous. Elma is trying to probe the Marquis; but then he's put on the back foot when the Marquis points out that Elma himself is a prime suspect. Is the Marquis innocent and suspecting Elma? Or is the Marquis guilty and trying to throw Elma off the trail?

Fed-Kun's army
That conversation was all over the place. Don't know if the Japanese dialogue was that weak or if it's the translation dropping the ball, but it makes those shocked faces fall kinda flat.

Seriously, you can't acknowledge that death is a legitimate risk of trying for the succession and only the strongest one will survive, then in the next minute pretend an attempt on your daughter's life is a death sentence.

Plus what I hoped would be cleared : why the fuck is there even a succession dispute when he is still standing there, living and seemingly perfectly healthy ?

Also, having Isabella standing there behind snow, not allowed to sit or eat, is pretty weird.

The TL this time was rough, you can check the WN version here and the flow of conversation makes much more sense.

https://firebirdsnest.org/heavy-knight/v3-ch17/

Dex-chan lover
That conversation was all over the place. Don't know if the Japanese dialogue was that weak or if it's the translation dropping the ball, but it makes those shocked faces fall kinda flat.

1: Seriously, you can't acknowledge that death is a legitimate risk of trying for the succession and only the strongest one will survive, then in the next minute pretend an attempt on your daughter's life is a death sentence.

2: Plus what I hoped would be cleared : why the fuck is there even a succession dispute when he is still standing there, living and seemingly perfectly healthy ?

3: Also, having Isabella standing there behind snow, not allowed to sit or eat, is pretty weird.
1: He said it himself. It was cowardly attempt of assassination, ie. using monster to do your dirty work and as such unworthy of someone hoping to be the next head of marquis house.

2: Because the inheritance is not based on primogeniture, but (IIRC) to be selected by current head of house.

3: Isabella is servant. She has no right to sit and eat at the same table as her master(s).

Contributor
Marquis says he'll personally execute any family member masterminding the assassination attempt, but for the sake of example, what if that mastermind is himself? Seems like grandstanding on his part to me, although I won't go so far to say he's actually the mastermind.

So much posturing for a chapter that's just leaning towards the marquis turning the tables on Elma who was trying to find out his involvement in any of the previous incidents.

Dex-chan lover
The Marquis is kinda cooking here, actually. If he ends up not being the bad guy, then I commend this manga as one of the ones willing to make outright hideous characters have layers to them

Users who are viewing this thread