Love Bullet - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Cupid vs. Cupid (Part Two)

Group Leader
Hope you all enjoyed the chapter!

Just to note, if anyone was thinking the length of Kanna's emotional investment in Koharu's wellbeing at the end of the chapter was a bit odd, there's a running theory that
Kanna knew Koharu back when Koharu was still human. There's a classmate in Chapter 1 that looks a lot like Kanna, and the theory is that she was "undercover" there and the Cupid responsible for the explosion that brought Asaka and Hiroshi together. We haven't seen what undercover Cupids who have hidden their wings look like from a human POV, but it's very possible they look like "normal" humans without the white hair and red eyes.

Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts on the chapter!

Fed-Kun's army
Not the most subtle way of bringing up Koharu's inevitable choice but it makes sense for Koharu to pick the girl that is most similar to herself for Aki, because those traits are why Aki fell in live with Koharu in the first place.

And then Aki didnt intiate with Sakura the same way she did with Koharu because she was always swamped with other stuff going on and never got over Koharu, and she might feel guilt over confessing that lead to Koharu's death and as such is less willing to give love another chance.

Dex-chan lover
When you think about it, this is the worst fucking job in the world… Imagine dying when you was about to get together with the girl you love, then waking up, only to get told “your first job is to make the girl you love fall in love with someone else…”

Also can all this really be considered love? They are basically brainwashing people into getting together with people they dont actually love🤔

Group Leader
When you think about it, this is the worst fucking job in the world… Imagine dying when you was about to get together with the girl you love, then waking up, only to get told “your first job is to make the girl you love fall in love with someone else…”

Also can all this really be considered love? They are basically brainwashing people into getting together with people they dont actually love🤔
As far as we know, in this story, Cupids are the only way for humans to fall in love. So it's not as much brainwashing as it is just the way love works in-universe, and people have no clue that love is so chaotic because it's being decided by an everlasting army of dead humans who've never experienced love themselves.

Dex-chan lover

I think they established in chapter that there needs to be some baseline compatibility/chemistry for it to work? So idk if it'd work on turning someone fully 'straight' into someone bi/gay

Tho with the love grenades making them feel bitter/jealous, i wonder if the angels could fall in love if they just 'faked it' or just flirted/acted lovey dovey to each other

Or a grenade opening in a crowd of humans rather than a single bullet, eyecontact aside, if it'd work with turning into some kinda polyamory thing (tho i imagine it's not rly a 'thing'/widely accepted in japan considering how 'traditional' they are)
As far as we know, in this story, Cupids are the only way for humans to fall in love. So it's not as much brainwashing as it is just the way love works in-universe, and people have no clue that love is so chaotic because it's being decided by an everlasting army of dead humans who've never experienced love themselves.

aren't they all ex-humans like koharu or are some 'born' as angels/it's been so long they don't remmeber

Group Leader
aren't they all ex-humans like koharu or are some 'born' as angels/it's been so long they don't remmeber
They're all (temporarily) dead humans in queue to return to life once they've gathered enough good karma by making humans fall in love. Some have been around longer than others, as Chapter 0's prologue hints that Chiyo's been a Cupid since the Meiji or Taisho Era.

Dex-chan lover
They're all (temporarily) dead humans in queue to return to life once they've gathered enough good karma by making humans fall in love. Some have been around longer than others, as Chapter 0's prologue hints that Chiyo's been a Cupid since the Meiji or Taisho Era.
lol at least they're not emotionless robots/can make a decision after like months of observing (unless there's more of a time limit in the modern era) tho i can understand how assigned cupids would prolly choose based on logic like "This person has a better job so they're more likely to be a hardworking father" etc (or even someone who's 'chaotic' being like "We should make the prime minister fall in love with this criminal to see what happens") [Tho that long makes me think that chiyo is either bad at her job or barely does the minimum or has so much negative karma that she needs a ridiculous amount (but other than specifically being 'assigned' ppl depending on how desperate at that point i'd think some would shoot arrows indiscriminately unless rules/lore wise they can't lol)]

I assume arrows would work multiple times tho, since there was a couple on the verge of 'divorce' that changed their mind b/c of a stray arrow so i guess there could be some overwriting decisions or finding a 'next' love when a breakup happens?
(but hopefully it's not too strong to where it accidentally makes a middle aged salaryman fall in love with a grade schooler but that's a whole nother can of worms)

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure Yakult isn't exclusively japanese, I have some in my fridge right now.
I thought it was korean but according to google/wikipedia it was invented in jp, guess it got popular enough to be international (tho i do only see them in asian supermarkets and not like, at a walmart anyways)

Dex-chan lover
Kinda bummed that her friend is going to be the first person she's in charge of as a cupid, but if it's this girl who only wants her best instead of blatantly flirting like the others and was sensible enough to notice that despite it being a pretty big deal that Tamaki is not depressed at this event, being too pushy is also a big no-no... :finnawoke::finnawoke::finnawoke:

Dex-chan lover
Kinda bummed that her friend is going to be the first person she's in charge of as a cupid, but if it's this girl who only wants her best instead of blatantly flirting like the others and was sensible enough to notice that despite it being a pretty big deal that Tamaki is not depressed at this event, being too pushy is also a big no-no... :finnawoke::finnawoke::finnawoke:
at this point they might as well all be in a fan club or so, but hopefully they don't react too badly if she does pick someone diff. or hopefully respect her 'decision' in the end, although other than part of their jobs i wonder how many ppl are living without a romantic relationship but idk if the author's gonna get darker and have her die and them reunited as cupids together lol

Double-page supporter
I guess Koharu found the love interest 🥲
(Aki x Koharu is still my favorite)
Anybody notice that the girl and koharu have a similar name, Sakura and i think Koharu's is sakurada

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread