Shin no Nakama janai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni shimashita - Ch. 68

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't say it's all due to plot armor, none of them are exactly weak, but it's true too many things happen in their favor.
This system has been going for a long time, so it always makes me wonder if it's because in the long run they'll destroy it or something.
Maybe it's even god wiggling things around to help them.
You know, in-universe plot armor lol
You basicly just said "I'm not saying it's plot armor, but it's plot armor!"

OTOH I have issue with calling it deus ex machina, because of the near complete lack of forced events or character actions to support the gods will. Yes the cursed blessings force some individuals into living according to their "blessing" but there is a complete lack of long term oversight needed to make this world viable.

It's a failure at the world building level. An author's inability to cohesively meld the setting in a logical manner, so it's just hand waved away and ignored. This isn't a necessarily a bad thing, but it's not something I can just ignore either.

The setting as a whole should collapse without a God's active oversight, yet there is no indication that a God is actively dictating events to achieve some overarching goal or desire. It's just in this weird limbo where these characters live and die at the whims of the author.

Dex-chan lover
"A blessing" is just glorified brainwashing by some divine power to play puppet master in this world, huh?

I'm really not a fan of this story, due to this. The world building becomes extremely uninteresting due to this.

Dex-chan lover
Really? I guess I have way more affinity for calling my brother a brother. Weird, maybe it’s because I’m older and don’t use social media but I don’t know what’s weird about it and I guess I’m too old to know
The only people who call other "brother" are some soldier, some religious people and gangster.
It's the same with "father" and "mother" no one call their parent this way, it feel super weird and distant.

Dex-chan lover
Inhales

ONI-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

• meguuusad
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
The fact the "blessing" itself actively recognized them as a threat implies the blessings either :
Able to magically collect information from the users brain automatically.
Or is semi sentient by default and is basically a parasite/ symbiote at that point that can observe the world around itself.

both options are pretty scary to consider...

Dex-chan lover
What demon lord? At this point, and this isn't even knowing anything (I'm talking out of my arse), I'm ready to think the whole fucking system is designed to keep the masses in check, to control everyone, and to generally be dicks and rule over the world.
Demon Lord is exist and,
he, along with all the demon race, know something about the world. They knew the reason why the world had to be like this and how it work. They kinda like a rebel against God. That's probably why the God send the [Hero] to kill the the demon race.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
So this is supposedly the person that left the hero's party because he wasn't able to keep up with them? He couldn't keep up with them but just fought against one of the strongest from the enemy side, and is now keeping up with the hero, the strongest being alive. Okay...
Well....I mean, he's the one who taught Ruti swordmanship. So, he, at least, knows how to disarm his opponent.

Dex-chan lover
I can't help but wonder how warm the sword got when it was sliced like that. A considerable amount of energy would have been expended to achieve that cut.
The sword is ready to be folded and turned into superior nippon sword, folded thousand times.

Users who are viewing this thread