E, Shanai System Subete Wan'ope shiteiru Watashi wo Kaiko desu ka? - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

page 7 dialogue should be
”Well, I mean y’see,
y‘think there’s anything in it for me?
And you’re leaving soon anyway, right?”
GLnLzidbwAAnbvo

Double-page supporter
I don't want to be or sound judgemental, but... is Japan highly sexist?
Another thing is, she might be highly "frank", and it might be seen as unprofessional in corpo 'culture'.

Either way, expecting perfect communication from programmer is a mistake, as greatest/best programmers are those that will be crass, frank and no fucks given...
Yes.

Dex-chan lover
I don't want to be or sound judgemental, but... is Japan highly sexist?
Another thing is, she might be highly "frank", and it might be seen as unprofessional in corpo 'culture'.

Either way, expecting perfect communication from programmer is a mistake, as greatest/best programmers are those that will be crass, frank and no fucks given...
Here's a book about Japanese Patriarchy.

Dex-chan lover
I went to Italy recently and even for a tourist attraction it's insane how little diversity I saw compared to normal towns and cities in the US. I mean granted the US has a much larger population than most countries, but it's crazy how bad it is in so many "developed" nations and beyond that how little anyone cares.
Europe wasn't populated through centuries of global mass immigration like the US was, of course the population is gonna be a lot more homogenous. Thinking that is somehow bad or racist is such a crazy take... For all your talk about travelling and understanding the world, you've actually got a very nasty case of US-centrism.

Dex-chan lover
but often the US centric (and this is on a global) mindset is that we're somehow the only ones with social problems. In reality we're one of the few places where our social issues are called out and fought against and there's ongoing change.
You're right on this. But I want to specify that a cause of those perceptions is that many US citizens either are ignorant with, or being underfed with situation abroad, while believing otherwise.

Ironically, from outsider POV, the best way to have US (and the west) attention at societal problems in a developing country is to be opposition to US.

I bet people here know, superficially of course, more about Iran patriarchy than Japan's or South Korea's. More on oppression of free speech in China than SEA. And more of religion conflict in middle east than in south Asia. Even superficial knowledge might be better than no awareness, in this case.

But that is all I wish to say about geopolitics here, thank for reading my rant.

Users who are viewing this thread