Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
The issue I have here is that 80% of the "heroes" we have seen are unhinged assholed, from the elitist bastards (the "professional" dudes on the previous world) all the way to psychos (in this chapter and the absorbing power dude in the previous arc).
You've described, like, seven people. And of them only two actually seemed to put a priority on causing harm to people, this magic string jackass and the power-stealing guy from the last arc. String jackass's teammate is "just" allowing string jackass's behavior. Just think about how many OTHER students there have to be. The MC fought through all of his tournament rounds and the worst people he encountered was the team that secretly used drugs. The assholes aren't the majority, they're just the ones that the plot has to spotlight, by nature.

Not to mention, the narrative is strongly suggesting that for whatever reason, the goddesses are either encouraging or seeking out this psychopathic behavior in heroes on purpose. The school, especially the practice of ranking these heroes against each other, is DESIGNED to create assholes.

Dex-chan lover
String jackass's teammate is "just" allowing string jackass's behavior.
I wouldn't normally hold him culpable, but for the fact that he also has BS cheaty powers that can probably stop the fight in a snap. There aren't normal people, they're "Heroes". They're very much used to stepping in in these sorts of situations.

P.S.: What the hell was the staff doing letting the girl get killed if they heard her surrender?

Thanks for the support everyone. One more chapter to go. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a next series I can work-on since the raws get updated every month or so?

And support me at ko-fi.com/appyscans if you want.
You should pick up another series that GDS is squatting on and not updating.
Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou , or , Ore wa Mada, Honki o Dashite Inai
the second one was also something GDs were doing so it will be really good see all of there series getting picked up one by one
I second Ore wa Mada, Honki o Dashite Inai. The series seems really interesting, is completed, and was a former GDS project.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the support everyone. One more chapter to go. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a next series I can work-on since the raws get updated every month or so?

And support me at ko-fi.com/appyscans if you want.
Here’s two series that are complete so you don’t have to wait for releases
https://mangadex.org/title/0a7dc2a4-a1db-4bb1-854f-6bddcdd89406/shin-kotaro-makaritoru-juudouhen

https://mangadex.org/title/ca06a76e-d96f-487d-9920-f9b8b97cecd1/ryuroden

Also been 5+ years since last update so I beg you to pick one up please

Dex-chan lover
And of course the most powerful heroes are the most unhinged bastards. That beggars belief, that the strongest would automatically be the shittiest.
Look at it this day. All of the ones we’ve seen that are sociopaths are all rated as high rank. This means the worlds they got sent to were probably really f*cked up and twisted and this caused them to go the same way. Toss a bunch of teenagers into the world of dark souls or Code Vein and do you really think they’re going to remain sane or normal.

Hades even our MC isn’t really right in the head. Sure he does have some level of sanity and normality to him but that’s mainly cause he still has his wife with him. If she dies I’d imagine that every world would be at risk of being conquered with him becoming the worst demon lord imaginable.

Now that I think of it it’s be kind of interesting if she does die, he goes on a rampage, that world gets sealed by the goddesses and he essentially becomes the way his wife was at the beginning. Maybe a hero then comes in and history repeats itself. Think there was a manga like that that involved the Nordic deities where a hero goes against Odin to rescue his princess.

Dex-chan lover
Let me guess, the string guy is pissed that he couldn't kill Kanon by "accident" and that he was "humiliated" in front of the crowd and want to enact "revenge" on the MC just because he is so full of himself. With a possibility that Rose, their goddess, doesn't like that her chosen heroes were challenged and wants to crush the MC, which will lead to her being made into a laughably pathetic mess.

It's kinda predictable with how the author made these characters. Kanon's characteristic is pleasant though, as her type of character tends to be obsessive to an annoying degree.
all of that is correct with the one correction that the string user is female.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow, how villainous.
Are we sure the author's not mistaking heroes with villains?
200.webp
every villain is the hero of their own story. This manga is after the end of those stories where their ideals must now clash with the reality they left behind.

Dex-chan lover
All of this seems likely, yes. Seems very very stereotyped. Honestly annoying. I believed this manga was about a weird MC and a weird demon lord getting together and hopefully having a cute romance.

Instead we get.... annoying cringe enemies. Why? No really, why. If there were supposed to be real enemies, fine. But wannabe edgelords are just annoying, and the whole "I must not stand out" schtick.

If the author wants to go down this route, my annoyance can only be appeased by massive amounts of blood and tears. If you give me THIS kind of cringe worthy opponents, the only possible resolution is blood and pain....

so you are saying that him fighting every cringe edgelord isekai protagonist ever isnt enough commentary on the genre for you?

Dex-chan lover
The Raws only go to chapter 24 and it gets seems to get updated twice a month in two parts. Judging from the previous releases chapter 25.1 should release this week or next, with 25.2 coming start of May. But that's just speculation though.
Oh I see. I thought there was only one more chapter as in final lol. They're just catching up to the raws.

Dex-chan lover
They were addressed with male pronouns though? Granted, it's kinda hard to tell from the character design alone
Don't confuse a translation for raw dialogue. Japanese doesn't need the subject to be explicitly mentioned in the first place. By all means, "He ran" can easily be said as just "Ran", and it often is. It's stranger for a "he" or "She" to be said in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
I think mc tiptoeing around showing his power off is perfectly fine in universe considering he spent like 30k years training and doesn’t want any real trouble but the bigger issue is the pacing for this series is atrocious since it’s a monthly release for mc to only have trite conflicts with people who are literal ants compared to him. I’d be fine with him dumpstering annoyances of the week if the developments were faster but I need something more for intrigue or conflict or atleast show me more lovey-dovey shit with the cat lmao.

Again, the whole "op mc needs to hold back" trope kills this for me. This is one that you have to suspend disbelief for quite a bit when they throw around things like training for 30k years without his personality reflecting that extreme amount of experience. Narratively this is so bad. The only thing it somewhat has going for it is the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread