Boyfriend with Masochistic Tendencies has Trouble Admitting It - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Well.
I won’t be reading this, as I’m working on the official translation, and don’t wanna bite on your work, but the few bubbles on the first page I saw are very different translations. Different approaches. I go more idiomatic. Neither is wrong, per se.

just me, my kid’s been home a lot (I do not need an 11yo seeing this!), and dlsite gives you crap tools, so it’s taken a minute.
I have all the dialogue done as of last week.
Proofreading, improving retouching. I’m redrawing bits using bezier curves based on four points on a circle! It’s all flat shading.
How am I to clean something that uses tone when I can’t copy from the image?!
Why must I be a perfectionist?!

Eh, the next chapter will be faster. I’ve somehow gotten decent at this madness.

GOSH DARN do I love this! Tryna act like he’s just a bottom and not a sub 😂 tsss.
What’s she supposed to get out of you riding cowboy if she’s not allowed to move? Watching?

Best chapter is still their first time. (How did they wait 6 years before doing the naughties?!)

Dex-chan lover
Well, I just submitted the finished product (best I could with the tools and my time).
Someone else got there first, but much like mangadex multiple translators for a single work are supported.
Eh, I didn’t ask for money.

I gotta say, this one is… ummmm wonky.
“I think I called a car rental”.
“I remember getting in a taxi”

“You’re standing the wrong way”
“That’s the wrong spot”

“If it’s fine we can continue like this”
”we can do this whenever you want”

“we might as well go all the way”
”can we do it like this?”

“Your going to cum, right?”
”are you ready?”

“You know what’s coming, right?”
”do you know what’s inside you right now?”

The whole “I hate this” exchange is really hard to translate into English, but she asks him if he’s actually asking for more.

“No matter how many times I tell you to…”
”You can do it as hard as you want, no matter what I say” he’s giving consent for some pretty intense play.

“Good reaction”
”too hard”

“I don’t have the strength!” That’s from the first draft, so it gets a pass. It was hard for me to figure out, too.
”I can’t relax [my asshole]…!” I went with “it” and assume people would know ”it” referred to the sphincter. The sound effects around it really help make it clear.
He says “don’t pull it out, yet”
then “ngaaah don’t push it in”
the very thought of the friction makes me shudder.

“We still have time…”
alright, from the top, to the end of that internal monologue, from memory:
“Sometimes
i get the urge to fuck him so hard he screams.
What would his face look like
what kind of sounds would he make
well, it wouldn’t mean anything if he didn’t want it, so I won’t.”

Pretty much everything else is just a matter of opinion.

Is this another re-translation? The first draft was done JP>CN>EN, so it makes sense to be off a bit.

I reaaaaaaally like this little manga, and care about it being accessible to people in a accurate, relatable and natural-sounding way.

I‘m super gay (just ask my wife!), so I’m not reading this to get off. I just think it’s… great.

There is so much character development and their relationship grows and deepens as they sort out their dynamic after being together but not sexually active for YEARS.
The complex he had about being “cute”, a certain close call in his sophomore year, the rocky start to their relationship…
The fact that they’re able to comfortably and joyfully engage in this specific sort of sexual relationship is emotionally moving for me.
The “kiss me” scene is so sweet and heartwarming. Healthy communication. Respecting his needs. Both enjoying the moment…
I think it’s beautiful.

I know it’s smut, but sometimes smut is art, and sometimes art is smut.

Users who are viewing this thread