1-nen A-gumi no Monster - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Sensei, what can I do?

Dex-chan lover
Huh.. that was fast, I was expecting monthly update as per usual.
Still, thanks for the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. This was actually...quite interesting. "Who cares about this shitty teacher that only does his job? Let's have a female friendship." or something like that?

I'm a bit confused at how everyone's reacting though-it feels like I'm missing something either cultural or just systematic. Why are people saying Momo is being an idiot for talking about this? My reaction is that this is a pretty clever way to make the incident actually the school's problem like it should be and serious enough that no amount of influence would allow those girls to weasel out of it.
It's also a friendship and support unlike any other for Banri.

Fed-Kun's army
Momo gains +500 awesome points with me this chapter with that public middle finger to the bullying and half hearted response.

Because Momo is a blockhead. lul.

Group Leader
based

0dzWZHY.jpg

based

Dex-chan lover
Wow, so this man is doing a job he doesn't want. Understandable. (Still, he should at least doing something about Banri).
Aw geez, I'm happy Momo stands up for jer friend.

@Psychronia Yes, it is cultural. Japan has inherited a certain attitude from China: "What happens there, stays there". As in, if you tell the truth about the hell that's happening, it's going to affect the people who are really at fault, and those people hold power so they are likely to make the situation worse in revenge.

Such attitude is very common in authoritarian societies (I'm not talking just about one tyrant, I mean all levels steeped in it) and is very difficult to get out of people's minds once it's set in. And that's despite the fact Momo's actions (social pressure) are exactly what can break this damn cycle.

My younger self would be screaming inside right now. So relatable. My situation was not even half as bad as Banri's but I was still pretty miserable. Also, I really like Momo's character development.

Dex-chan lover
So, the dude dating his student is going to get exposed, or turn his back on her as her rich and powerful friends throw her under the bus.

You think Jimi-sensei will catch all of them, or just whittle their numbers?

Dex-chan lover
This is nice and all, but I really really wanted more background on Jimi-sensei, the chapter/chapters that go into his scary backstory sound very intriguing to me.
Like what REALLY happened with his past class/teacher position, or why he is the way he is now?

I feel like we were cut off from it and the scenario changed, hope we get more story on him later.

Dex-chan lover
Jimi seems very empty. Satou on the other hand is not that empty since
he fucked a random waitress

Contributor
Momo did a really nice move here.

Talking about this on TV is a great way to make the problem know by everyone, so the school can't hide it anymore because of some students with a lot of influence.

Users who are viewing this thread