I personally don't mind sniping if it's done right. Unfortunately, some parts were a little awkward to read. That being said, I do appreciate the work you put in.

people complaining about the translations, don't be crunchy, lol.

thanks for the effort, but hey, try using more than one translators and compare the results. google translation is not the best choice for MTL'ing.

Contributor
official translation is already on Chapter 12, and the last update from the group originally translating was 3 months ago.

This isn't a snipe it's a "Hey, wake the fuck up" reminder. If they step up, I'm sure Trash scans will stop. If they don't They've ceded the series. They have more important series to translate, or real life obligations, shit happens.

Group Leader
It took you 9 hours to use google translate and badly edit the images? It seems like you didn't even try to edit it for readability in English either. To be perfectly honest I do not appreciate the effort and feel vaguely offended for having read that mess.

For the record, yes I am a scanslator myself so I know exactly how much effort this would take and it's not a lot.

Dex-chan lover
oh wow...not a shred of proofreading. the pages are clean, but there seems to be no effort in making it legible for humans. it's like it was written by a borderlands psycho. weep the bloody crane.

thanks for the effort but anyone knows if the previous group will realease that chapter?

Wow some people really complaining about the scans 😶 Translators don’t owe you anything. It probably took them a lot of time cuz its their first time doing it. If you want, a really clean manga, just buy the official release.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the effort for this chapter.

Lol lockman's dark aura reaction when she said she is no longer a maiden.damn gurl you've made me face palmed myself to the 10th power.

Guys, translator dont owe you anything! Be glad that they translate it for you to read... If you guys dont like it, then better not read it i guess?

Um, I understood the whole thing and I thought the translation was pretty good. Thank you! For your hardwork!

Also, ML is bad but the FL do you live in a rock? How does she not know what that means?

Dex-chan lover
Obviously a lot of mixed opinions on the Chapter and is translations:
Here's a sit-rep of the story right now for anyone coming back or couldn't understand what's happening:
-
-----1------
Knight Order or whatever alongside the Mage unit I believe enter the Guild building at Haare to discuss getting the Guild members to help them out with the investigation regarding the monster that's been supposedly abducting people in missing person's case. Alves Lockmann, Nanari's longtime rival, reveals that he is the captain of the 1st platoon of the mage unit and that he will be taking part in the investigation to which Nanariis just upset with having to see his face.

Grove, the captain of the Knights, talks with Theodora off-hand about the investigation making small talk about some guild listing being put up about looking for a person, "to be an ice maiden for some request?" this is very iffy due to translation, but more or less Nanari fits the description and they joke about Nanari leaving the guild for the higher paying job to which Nanari insistly replies she wouldn't be interested in the job and she doesn't fit the description because she's not a [Maiden].

Lockmann, upon hearing this gets extremely upset to the point that his mana leaks out and burns the paper Nanari is holding, he leaves the table he was eating at with his subordinates/allies to confront Nanari about what she had said about no longer being a "Maiden". Nanari is obviously confused, what business is it of Lockmann's whether Nanari is a "Maiden" or not? Confronted by this Nanari see no issue with not being a "Maiden" anymore, saying its natural for a woman no longer in their youth to not be considered Maidens anymore not really thinking about the mixed connotation of it being/implying that she is no longer a woman who has not been touched by a man.

Lockmann seems to micturate a bit at this point, wondering aloud if Nanari was just trying to put on airs/look more mature by saying she was no longer a "Maiden". But then Lockmann seemingly/dismissively says, "it's neither here nor there" if she was trying to do that or not; Perhaps trying to cover up his rash behavior while addressing her, only leaving Nanari even more confused then before.
-------2-------
Then here comes Lockmann's subordinate, I don't think they've been named yet but let's just call her [Girl A], Girl A is concerned about why Lockmann is spending so much time talking to some random Guild Receptionist, and decides to step in of her own volition and call Nanari out on why she's being so "discourteous" to someone of Lockmann's position as a prince, to which Nannari is vaguely reminded in the back of her mind that she shouldn't mix her personal feelings/behavior to Lockmann with her work so she apologizes to Lockmann despite Lockmann vouching for her behavior towards him as a close friend.

This is to avoid unnecessary bad-blood between her and Girl A from forming out of jealousy, but Lockmann doesn't seem to care too much for it, telling her stop the charade with him even if Nanari was doing it for his sake as well to avoid upsetting the Girl A around him. Lockmann then gets Captain Grove's attention to enlist Nanari as a part of the Investigation team looking into a [Memories] left behind by the monster they were looking for. Nanari insist she shouldn't go because she doesn't know how to read [Memories] yet, but Lockmann says he will just teach her on the way and that it will be a good training/learning experience for Haare guild members overall.
------3------
The Knights and 2 enlisted Guild members enter the forest where the monster's [Memories] were found. They proceed to scan the site for the [Memories]
finding out the monster traveled between the borders of the neighboring country often while abducting people, maybe biting them but not eating or killing them supposedly.

Nanari attempts to learn how to read [Memories] using magic, Lockmann teaches her, Girl A is visibly upset that the two of them are still interacting so closely. Knights erect an anti-demon/monster barrier around the area as precaution for later while they continue to investigate why the monster was traveling between borders, and head back to town with the Guild members.

Aggregator gang
Yes translators don’t owe us anything, but at the same time we don’t owe them anything in return. They shouldn’t automatically get praise or respect just by translating, they get it if they do a good job and deserve it. Just because you do something for free you are not above being held to a certain standard and getting criticized. And this time he is asking for money so the expectations of quality is extremely fair. Also often groups don’t translate a manga which is already being translated, so if someone is doing a poor job on translating a manga you like it ruins the prospects of you enjoying it, because you know you’re stuck with poor or mediocre translating for maybe years.

Dex-chan lover
Man, that was rough.
I mean, why even bother spending 9 hours on this?
To advertise your etsy?

Dex-chan lover
I really wish she would grow a backbone and stop being wishy-washy and for Lockmann to stop treating her like a stress ball.

Users who are viewing this thread