29-sai Dokushin wa Isekai de Jiyuu ni Ikita……katta - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.3

Dex-chan lover
I've been noticing some comments are being accusatory that we are 'freaking out' only because it's the man being raped here.
I wouldn't dream of speaking for everyone, but I, for one, don't like it either way (unless it's explicitly what I'm looking for in an 18+ moment - MAJOR EDIT- add FICTIONAL to this please, and then [like getting too drunk] not liking it afterward...).
I didn't like it when Isekai character who became isekaied because he found a website that offered to do so finds a slave he was very attracted to, managed to purchase her before she was bought by someone else, and then goes "hey, I 'own' her now, this is my right, right?" (regardless of their relationship thereafter it was still rape as she didn't consent). This is as opposed to that other Isekai where isekaied (instead of going to get a job) character buys a slave because another (noble who slave doesn't like) was going to buy here, builds a relationship, and then has sex with her. Or Isekai where the main character is summoned and a girl who hasn't paid her bills is about to be enslaved, so instead of the bill collectors she selects random person walking by and says "hey, buy me" -- and enslaved noble knight is being tormented by a demon and is saved by same main character, who proceeds to buy her after saving her -- and sisters whose village is saved by main character becomes his followers(?)/slaves(?)... none of which have sex with him because he doesn't bother to ask about contraception (although he still sexually assaults them (with tentacle magic), yet all but the youngest sister, who is left alone, are ok with it because they were all 'saved' by the MC). Or isekai where the main character is summoned and get separated from the other summoned ones and I don't actually remember how he gets his harem, but probably from saving all of them (except for the god of void magic) and builds a relationship with them. Or the best of this argument: isekai where we don't actually learn how or why the main character was isekaied (unless we find and read the light novel) and he proceeds to have sex with everything that moves... ok, that's an exaggeration, but he does get married to 11+ women who (mostly, like two or four of them initially had issues with there being other wives, but were "persuaded" via sex. Yeah... this manga brought the main character who actually asks the important question: "am I just a convenient (vibrator equivalent)?")

Point is that in these circumstances the main character builds a relationship with the females. Their worlds have polygamy and the women accept (for the most part) that the others exist in the relationship.
As for those whining about harem manga where the main character is passive? Well, THIS is a perfect example of WHY they may take that stance... if the manga is set in modern Japan then having sex with ONE of the women/teenage girls would destroy the relationship with ALL OTHERs (or worse... I'm not particularly fond of yandere...) This is one reason why I don't like that they use the word "Harem" for what should be "love polygon" since if it were really a harem then they would all be in an actual relationship (marriage or otherwise) as one unit and not all potential marriage/relationship candidates...

I'm considering dropping this manga, not because of the rape, but because of the completely f***ing uncalled for rape and the completely idiotic followup and lack of reaction/suspicion for the circumstances that could have easily fu**ing been avoided if the female lead was just a bit more patient. If he reacts this way to what any idiot with half a brain should be able to determine was a setup then if she'd been a little more persistent (without going overboard) he would have caved and built a more intimate relationship with her... This simply turned rape into a convenient plot device to instantly move the story into "we're a couple, f'ing deal with it" mode (and if the spoilers are to be believed, give him an 'easy way' to add more women to his harem). There is/maybe no fallout, no consequences, no damage from how this was done... and that's what I don't like.
As I said earlier I do read revenge manga (hero is betrayed and the entire manga is about his/her revenge on the people who betrayed). Hell, I read some fairly stupid or insane things... but if there is no justification for an act that the author/mangaka makes... then I get angry... and if that continues I have to drop the manga because I don't want to get mad (to put it gently) at something I read to enjoy for entertainment.

TLDR: No, I'm not angry that its rape against a man (that's actually refreshing if it can ever be called such). I am angry because it is such clearly premeditated and useless rape. It is purely a convenience to hasten the story. That's unfair to everyone involved, including the girl, who (should) miss out on building a good (healthy) relationship.

P.S. I wanted to emphasize more words (italicize, bold, underline), but can't be bothered to reread it right now to do so with the above buttons...

@Aricitic For the record, if you dont feel that you are one of the people I (and some others) were joking about then there is nothing to be defensive about!

However, you'll surely agree how utterly shallow almost all of those "justifications" are in most manga of that type. The female characters in this genre are so incredibly shallow and rarely have personality beyond their defining characther trait, it is mostly self-insert wish fufillment garbage fiction after all (that I happily still read by the way, for I enjoy garbage).

I mean really, "She is fine with being a slave!", "They love eachother soo its fine (but wont free her because reasons?" and you regularly have people falling in love with the MC in less than a few pages on thin reasons. Most people are fine with this and accept it as the genre, the author is allowed to write characthers as they want after all.

Thing is that applies here to, it's just that this time the MC got the shallow love interest testament, remember why he isnt that angry? To paraphrase the novel "Eh, she is cute so I guess its fine", its literally what oh so many harem members in oh so many other series have said. "But mc kun is cool so I guess ill forgive him being a total perv". Hell, some of those even have rape victims turning into love interests, a rather peculiar development to say the least.

Point is this kind of thrashy, shallow character writing is par for course in this genre and I can only assume the MC being this cavalier about something this horrible... well, probably hits home harder because they're dudes. (I somehow dont think most girls have a high opinion on the writing of most female characthers in this genre.] Note that you can also see similar reactions in those few seires where the MC ends up on the subservient side of slavery. While often also written poorly a lot of readers in this community seem a lot more repulsed or discomforted by the idea, often writing about just wanting that arc to end.

So, maybe you'll understand why I find a lot of these reactions amusing? Now excuse me while I go back to reading turbotrash as I still have ch2 of Konna Erofu to read, praise be to tenkla! 😇😇😇

Oh, while I did read that wall of text next time you might want to format it a bit better. it was rather hard to read and most will probably just skip it because of that. Not trying to rag on you or dismiss you for it, just saying if you want to reach more people is all. Also yes, I'm fully aware this isn't a great read either, don't post at 6am kids!

Edit: I just realized im probably old enough to call a lot of people on this site (going by their posts) kids, and also that my tastes have not evolved in over a decade... welp, mm now rather depressed.

Dex-chan lover
Marl is too cute though, if the mc's freedom, sense of self, and general human rights have be given up for her happiness, then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Dex-chan lover
@Firefly
I wasn't particularly being defensive. I just wanted to clarify what I could not while typing on my cell phone (it takes me 2-10 times as long to type on that screen than with an actual keyboard.)
What you may be reading is passion...

And with regards to *some* of the isekai manga, there is a bit of vague realism given that most of these take place in medieval style worlds. In this time in our own history slavery was a thing and there was a difference between being treated well and being treated poorly. In this time in our own history women were basically objects to be married off. Given this I would find their reactions to be almost natural *emphasis* on SOME circumstances and SOME cases *emphasis*.
And with regards to modern era manga (i.e. those taking place in modern Japan)... just think about how Jocks, band members and other 'popular' (or ikeman) people have it, both in Japan and America/UK. Unfortunately, that reaction isn't that uncommon. It doesn't mean it is common, but still.

But, I'm sure that you are correct that it is because it is a guy that *some* people are freaking out. I would like to think better of humanity, but, well... I've been on the internet too much to even fantasize about that...

I, however, have no intention of even trying to argue that the female personalities in most of these manga are thin as the paper it's written on (or thinner if it's good quality). But that isn't globally true, some of these are written by women (that's usually a shocker...).

Fed-Kun's army
You know the phrase "no use to worry over spilled milk" is pretty intresting in this context^^

you all have completely different opinions then i do. I would have been pissed she did that so that she could get her way and threaten to kill her if she ever approached me again. Then i would have moved towns.

Dex-chan lover
@GerryCerryBery

It gets worse
according to some spoilers he's going to enslave and rape* a bandit girl after killing her 'friends', with this event as a justification.

*Not sure if it's in that order.

Dex-chan lover
@Mangareader
IIRC, he gives a really shitty monologue about how people tried to harm his woman, and how his strength and him being the righteous one justifies whatever he does to them. Also, after raping the woman, as she lies on the ground with empty eyes and fluids pouring out of her, this bitch hugs him and thanks him for everything. IIRC. Don’t trust me on this, I google translated it months ago and my memory is shit

I am not attuned with this work's sense of morals, I hope it will not get too offputting

Dex-chan lover
"Roofied and Raped in Another World by a Runaway Princess: An Isekai Adventure!"

My, how far we've come since 'In Another World With My Smartphone.'

Double-page supporter
Added tags under Categories on this manga's Mangaupdates page based on this chapter. Can you guess which ones are new?

Users who are viewing this thread