Fed-Kun's army
@NeroPR
Do you guys never date?
You do understand that this is rude, don't you? You don't need no know some strange acronym (even if English your native language) to be qualified to date someone.

@Yautja
How many readers here are not in North America? PDA is an extremely common term
Erm... a lot, maybe? Not only people living in NA use English as their first or second language (after all, it's an international language of European origin), and it's not limited to them to read manga in English. The market for manga adaptations in my country is very small, you could easily find only the most popular ones, like Naruto or One Piece, and a bunch of less common ones (and there are exactly zero out of my favourite titles I read here). And the "quality" of many official releases make me want to smash my head into the nearby concrete wall. I'm proficient enough in Japanese to compare translation with the original to understand it, but it's far not enough for me to read it fluently in Japanese. Therefore, I read it here, since there are also exactly zero international marketplaces with digital releases of manga in English (like Steam for games). I have a Crunchyroll account, but their collection also does not have any of my favourite big titles (I only read Yamada-kun there) and their reader is...

Also, it could be not an issue with non-NA residents, but it could be about this acronym being far less common than you think it is. Just look at all the questions above. I know a lot of English slang despite English being my second, but for me PDA is just an old electronic device too.

the comment section feels longer than the chapter itself... and I'm one who savours each page.

Aggregator gang
It was meant to be a joke. I even put the reference from where the joke originated from, not that it made it less rude. But in any moment was to be taken seriously. And one more thing, I'm not from United States :p or any native English speaker country.

Dex-chan lover
I like how this new class unlike the prior class isn’t protective/possessive over Komi-San, so they’re just accepting (almost even shipping) Chadano and Komi ~ like god intended

Fed-Kun's army
images

Banned
The only time I read about PDA is either about people explaining the view Japs have on it, or people from reddit telling how much of a special snowflake they are because they feel disgusted by the idea of receiving affection in public.

To me, PDA is an electronic device.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I came here to look up what PDA meant, and so did a ton of people, so it's clearly not that common.

It's also kind of dumb that it needs to be abbreviated since PDAs are common everywhere there isn't Sharia law and you just kind of learn to deal with it as an adult because wanting people to alter their gestures because your precious feelings are getting hurt is an incredibly childish way to think even if it's only in your head.

I can say that because I do it all the time. Normalfags should explode.

Dex-chan lover
They aren't even looking at the sparklers, just staring at each others faces

Dex-chan lover
I liked the comment section more when there weren't a bunch of people arguing about pedantic stuff.

So probably when there were like 20 comments tops? 30 can be okay too but it's the start of the danger zone where every comment section just goes to shit very easily. Not that this is an exact science or anything. I've also seen single comments all on their own that were so bad across multiple chapters by the same dude, no other comments in sight. I had to block the dude, which I almost never do on anything. You have to be a special kind of annoying to get on my ignore list.

Dex-chan lover
9 months later i already forget what PDA is (other than a device) because i never see it being used anywhere else. Definitely it isn't as common as you guys thought it is.

Users who are viewing this thread