5Toubun no Hanayome - Vol. 11 Ch. 89 - My Sisters and I ②

It’s crazy that people still think a harem ending is gonna happen after what Fuutarou said a couple chapters back and Negi himself saying that a harem ending ain’t happening.

Dex-chan lover
so, yotsuba had a superiority complex even though she was the dumbest?
unbased and dumbpilled
Ninogang nino gang

i realy feel bad for her :(
she suffured alot & thats why she is now helping her sister and always wants to make them happy :) she is the best girl for sure

@bradek

Maybe she has a learning disability. Maybe autistic??

She's not dumb because early on she did accel and proud to be the best of them. She had a hard time in math but her main downfall was she focused on her clubs and sports over studying so she fell behind. Her scores are on the low side and the bottom of the 5 now, but Fuu did show her she has her strengths over the others and she does score higher in Japanese over the rest.

And she mentioned being able to understand Ituski's teaching over Fuu's when studying in Ch. 56 and Fuu apologizing in not figuring out sooner the better way for her to learn so that's why I mentioned possible learning disability.

Maybe Fuu will be able to help break the shackles of guilt she's carrying (Ch 56 pg 12) and she'll end up surprising everyone. That whole chapter is worth a good re-read after this latest one.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/459219/12

@Harutora

She doesn't fail at everything.

Yotsuba... She accels in sports and maybe her calling will be sports related

Ichika wants to be an actress.
Itsuki a teacher like her mom.
Nino a restaurant owner.
Miko... a chef or baker??
Maybe Yotsuba will be a professional athlete or coach??

Fuu... a teacher??

We'll see.

@bradek More than likely just ptsd from her mom passing lead to her trying to be great at everything she could attempt to do but eventually stretched herself too thin.

There are many stupid plot points in this chapter. Yet, they don't take too much away from my enjoyment of reading it.

From the very beginning, it has been puzzling to me why the Quints' farther would hire a 17 year old student with no teaching experience to academically help his five daughters. It is nonsensical if not downright stupid. Each of the Quints has her own strengths and weakness.

Using Yotsuba as an example, she excels in athletics. She could have easily get a recommendation or some type of scholarship with her abilities as long as she has a satisfactory grades. Given the fact that the Quints have been academically challenged since they were young, the Quints' dad should have hired a tutor or put them in a special program to improve their marks very early on-he could have easily afforded it. And yet he had to wait till the start of their 2nd last year of high school to hire a tutor and hire one that is inexperienced and is as the same age, school, and is of the opposite gender... HOW DUMB.

Lets not forget that Fuutarou was obnoxious, condescending, arrogant, and socially awkward in the beginning-he still is but a bit less so. And people question why Nino put him to sleep in the opening chapters. The Quints did dislike/hate him early on.

I have to always remind myself that this is shounen manga. While a joy to read, it does get really stupid.

I honestly think that if Yotsuba transferred to different school without her sisters, it would be a great opportunity for her to develop her sense of self and will ultimately make her achieve what she has been striving for since she met Fuutarou when they were kids, being independent and being different from her sisters.

But there won't be story wouldn't it.

So why is it only Miku who became the most anxious, depressed and reserved out of the quints? Seems weird she was tho only one to end up that way.

@McLXIX

Have you heard of the Lori Loughlin USC scandal going on in the states?? Parents paying to get their kids in prestigious colleges. Not just dumb kids like those. You hear of Chinese parents paying millions just to get their kids into Harvard. What I am trying to say, you can have well-to-do parents that you think should know how to do the "right-way" to raise kids, or provide them with proper tutoring or just raise them themselves and watch over them enough to make sure they are doing ok. But examples above sound unbelievable over fiction but it happens that you have dumb parents that let their kids slip through the cracks.

In this case, I will just make up a scenario where the step father is a nice guy, but he doesn't know how to be a great parent. He cared for a dying mother of 5 and as she dies, wants to marry her and care for her kids after death. Pretty tough for a young doctor to inherit 5 kids at that age and know what to do. And sounds like busy with his profession to be that loving and maybe not know how to raise. He sees them relatively happy, provide for them and they get by in school and he's thinking they are ok. If Yot's didn't fail the supplementary they probably would have kept going and getting by and cheating on tests.

As far as Fuu, when the father finally did realize after the quints had to transfer schools then he probably realized he needed to do more. But he met Fuu's dad and somehow got to know him to convince him to let his son tutor. It's not that huge of a stretch... if you hear the boy is the top of his class every year, then why not have a person closer to their age try to reach the girls and tutor.

Yes Fuu came off like an a$$ lol to Itsuki. But really, only Nino hated him for her own reasons, Itsuki didn't want him to tutor her but she got along with his sister and is empathetic to his debt situation, and Miku didn't hate him but needed winning over. Ichika and Yotsuba at no time hated him. And Fuu wasn't gonna give up because frankly he needed the money and didn't want to let his sister down by losing the job.

And as I mentioned before, if Yotsuba remembered Fuu from the beginning, then maybe the step dad also remembered Fuu from 5 years ago and he had another reason to unite him with the quints. Again he coincidentally got them together in Scrambled eggs and also made sure the quints and Fuu were in the same class at the new year. There is more to this story so stay tuned. :p

But your right... if Yotsuba did go off to another school, she may have been just fine and developed a better sense of self. But it would have cost her the bond she has with her sisters and it was the sisters that weren't going to let it happen... not the father. Not after they all admitted to cheating to pass the supplemental lol.

Oh look another one of those useless chapters. I’m not even reading this. If I had wanted a slice of life in grade school I would read a different manga. Where is the romance harem?
Will this whole arc be this shit?

Double-page supporter
I've always known Yotsuba had hidden potential, but the latest few chapters really solidified her as best quintuplet along with Nino for me. It's nice getting a look into her thoughts and to see why she acts so selfless. She was easily the most likeable personality-wise at/from the beginning, so the extra depth really adds to a bigger picture. Really looking forward to how a confession from her will be. Also, long hair Yotsuba with her current bangs was top tier.

Now to go re-read that ending scene in chapter 1.

Best quintuplet power scale:

1. Nino: Best development thus far and Motorcycle/Kitchen confession scenes still the hypest moments of the series. Has the best style and plays hardball with her love. Single-handedly broke generic harem formula stereotypes with her being the first confessor. Also down to bathe together, which is +100000000 points itself.

2. Yotsuba: The most likeable at the start and biggest sleeper love rival. Great personality and a self-resenting angel that deserves to be pampered. She has the highest best girl stat growth potential. THE girl from MC's past. Also wears kiddy panties with a body like hers at that age... +5000000 extra points

3. Itsuki: Manga readers' bully target. One of the more reasonable towards the MC, especially at the start. Honestly admits her feelings for him when pressed about it.
Thicc +99999999 bonus points

4. Miku: Strong start, weak late game. Good design and nice initial development, but her passive approach isn't winning any battles this deep in the war. A pebble in the way of Nino's love train.

5. Ichika: The author started to hate her or something.

Users who are viewing this thread